Sequel: A New Kind of Denial

Undeniably In Denial

Reese

I double checked the address written on my arm and shook my head. This can’t be right. Maybe he wrote it wrong. Or I did when I re-wrote it as it faded. Or something else like that. I decided to call Camron just in case; he didn’t pick up the phone, but the greeting before the voicemail answered my questions anyways.

”Hey, you’ve got Camron’s phone. I’m at work right now, which means I don’t care about all of you at the moment, so just leave me a message and I’ll see if I can get back to you. You know, if I want to. Oh, and if this is Reese and it’s Halloween night, don’t worry, you’re at the right place. See you soon.”

I hung up and cursed under my breath before getting out of my little red compact car. I was already in my costume, so I kind of felt like I fit in with the people there, but it was still weird walking through the doors of “The Cockpit Bar”. The atmosphere was one of a rave, what with all the flashing lights, partial darkness, thumping music, and bodies meshing together. A waiter on roller blades rolled past me and then spun back around, stopping in front of me. He asked me if he could help me with anything and he had a sort of flirty tone to his voice. At first I thought he must have been into guys, but then I realized I looked like a girl and he didn’t know any better.

“Yea, uh, could you point me towards Tammy?”

“Sure thing sweets,” he said, winking at me. “Her shift is almost over, though.”

“That’s alright, I just need to ask her a question,”

“Well, she’s just over here,” he said, leading me to a table of guys that were probably having a bachelor’s party. After I saw them, my eyes landed on a girl wearing a blue and black checkered tube top, a black slinky skirt and knee-high leather boots.

“Tammy, right?”

“That’d be my name,” she said, smiling at me as she saw me.

“I’m Rina, and -”

“You’re real name is Reese and you’re actually a boy. You’re looking for your friend so you two can go to a Halloween party. I know all about it,”

“How?”

“My name is Tammy right now,” she smirked and then whispered into my ear, “but you usually just call me Camron.”

“Oh, em, gee. You little liar!”

“How did I lie?”

“I asked you if you’d ever worn a skirt and you told me you hadn’t,”

“At that point I hadn’t yet. I only work this job on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. That was Tuesday when you asked me and I hadn’t been here yet. Earlier that day, my boss called me and told me that I had to take over Tina’s schedule and all her clients because she was on her honeymoon. So that meant that for her people, I had to dress like a girl since they were all guys and lesbians, whereas my people are girls and gays. I’ve been working double-time and have been having to switch genders since then,” he explained, wiping some sweat off of his brow with the back of his hand. “Man is it hot in here.”

“Well, how’d you know to tell me to ask for Tammy and how’d you even get Tammy out of Camron?”

“My boss and I worked out the night’s schedule and figured out that I’d be ending the night on Tina’s last group. Then we started thinking of a girl name for me. Some people call me Cammy as a nickname so we mixed that and Tina and got Tammy,”

“Okay, but why’d you get stuck with her shifts too?”

“Because I’m the only other one who has a fixed schedule that matches hers. Dan - my boss - would rather have one of his guys dress as a girl than have one of his girls come in on their day off. That’s one thing I like about this job: I never get called in when I’m off,” he explained farther, looking down at his watch and saying, “Speaking of, I am officially not Tammy anymore. So let’s head off to that party, yea?”

“What about your costume? Or are you just going as Tammy?”

“Well, I figured we’d go as best friends or something,” Camron suggested, giving me a brilliant idea.

“How about we go as a lesbian couple instead?”

“I love it! Absolutely love it! I could practically kiss you and your genius mind right now!”

“Save that for the party and the show we might have to put on,” I smirked, surprising myself at how much truth and anxiousness I felt hidden in that sentence.

Image


Two hours and about five gallons of sweat later, Camron was sitting on my lap with a beer in his hand, both of us acting as the lesbian couple we told people we were. When they asked us what we were dressed as, we just told them strippers. The only people who knew that it was really Camron and I dressed as girls were Jason, Milly and Brent, but they promised not to tell anyone about it; not like anyone would really ask, but still.

“So this is kind of fun, no?” Camron asked in a girl-ish voice, tucking a piece of hair from my brown wig behind my ear.

“A lot more fun than I thought it was going to be,” I admitted, wrapping my arms tighter around his waist. “D’you mind handing me that bottle you’ve got right there?”

“Nah, you’re under age. I don’t think so,” he smiled, taunting me by taking a swig of it.

“Well so are you,”

“Yes, but A) you’re younger than me and B) you’re underneath me at the moment, so I just win automatically,”

“You just wish you win,” I whispered in his ear as sexily as I could, hoping to get him to surrender his beer. “But I win this time.” I felt him shiver as I bit down lightly on his earlobe and groped his thigh.

“Okay, okay, here,” he half-moaned, handing over the brown bottle.

“Mm, thank you,” I smirked, collecting my winnings and taking a drink of the cool liquid.

“You are such a tease, Rina,” he giggled, using my fake name, snuggling closer to me. “But I kind of like it.”

“What do you say we give these people a little show?” I asked, taking another gulp of beer.

“Ah, I kinda like that too,” Camron smiled again, turning so that he was straddling me, taking his beer back and setting it down on the end table next to the couch we were on. I raised my eyebrows in question and smiled in interest. I have to admit that I was a bit scared still, and I was just barely coming to terms with things…things being my sexual orientation. Even with that, I was the one that started this little whatever you want to call it, and sooner or later, I found myself getting lost in Camron’s kisses.
♠ ♠ ♠
hm, hm, hm....
is it getting bakey in here, or is it just the story heating up?