Sequel: A New Kind of Denial

Undeniably In Denial

Reese

I awoke the next morning from not only a nagging headache, but also my nagging friend yelling in my ear. “Jesus Christ Reese! Get the fuck up! It’s three in the afternoon! Dear lord, boy! The party wasn’t that crazy! I got up at ten to start cleaning up! I can’t – “

“Milly! Oh my God! I've been up since you said it was three. So shut up; I have a hangover!”

“Oh, sorry,” she mumbled.

“No you’re not,”

“Yes I am!”

“Nah, I don’t think you are,”

“But I am! I really am!”

“Mills, calm down; I'm only joking,” I laughed.

“Oh, oops,” she chuckled nervously. “Hey, where’d Camron go? Didn’t you give him a ride here last night?”

“Yea, I did,”

“Well, did he leave or something?”

“Wanna go check out there on that couch for me? I think he might have crashed out there,” I said referring to the family room just around the corner from her brother’s room. As soon as she left the room, I pulled the covers back a bit and peeked under them for Camron. I don’t know how, but he somehow ended up upside down with his head nearly off the bed. “Camron! Get up! Wakey, wakey, lemon shakey! Come on boy! Get your butt up!” Speaking of his butt, I lifted up the blanket more and smacked it as hard as I could.

That sure as hell woke him up.

“What in the fuck was that for?” he yelled, sitting up and rubbing his butt where I hit it.

“You wouldn’t get up. It’s three in the afternoon. I got woken up by screams, so you can get woken up by a smack on the bum,” I reasoned.

“Who yelled at you?”

“Reese, you lie! Nobody slept over there; the blankets aren’t even ruffled,”

“Oh, her,” he laughed. “I should have guessed.”

Milly walked through the door with her hands on her hips, glaring at me before noticing Camron sitting behind me. “Oh, hey Camron. You slept in here last night.”

“Hi Milly,” he smiled, waving at her quickly.

“Reese, can I have a word with you please?” she asked, seeming polite, but really seething underneath.

“Um, yea, sure. If you, uh, toss me that sheet over there,” I answered, laughing at the look on her face as she bent down and picked up the sheet I was talking about, throwing it at me. I could practically feel Cam smirking as Milly turned around with a whispered ‘dear lord’ and I stood up, wrapping the red and black sheet around my waist. When I got it situated, I followed my friend out into the family room and sat down on the arm of the couch as she took up position against the wall. What is up with the people I know leaning against the wall while they’re talking?

“Reese Jackson Karman, please tell me that you and Camron did not do the dirty on my brother’s bed. Because I might just have to slap you.”

“Alright, Mills, we did not do the dirty on your brother’s bed,”

“If you’re going to lie to me, then you better at least make it convincing. Or just tell me the truth in the first place,”

“Well, which would you rather hear?”

“To be honest, neither, really,”

“Okay,” I said, standing back up and walking towards he brother’s room.

“Wait! What are you doing?” she called.

“Not lying and not telling the truth!”

“You’re a very confusing person, Reese, do you know that?”

“Yea I'm also very confused,” I muttered to myself.

“Fine then, just go back to your man!”

I could feel the blood rushing to my cheeks as I sat back down across from ‘my man’, as Milly put it. Camron was smiling slyly at me in a way that I couldn’t quite tell what was going on in that head of his. “What?”

“Nothing,”

“There’s something. Or else you wouldn’t be looking at me like that,”

“You’re just cute when you’re annoyed and embarrassed, is all,”

“Oh really?”

“Yes, really,”

“Because it seems like there’s something else too,”

“Well, I was just thinking about last night,”

“Ah, last night,” I said, probably getting a dreamy look in my eyes.

“I didn’t hurt you too bad, did I?” he asked, stroking my face softly as he did only the previous night.

“No, the pain stopped after a few minutes. Don’t worry; you were fine. Actually you were spectacular,” I chuckled, leaning my forehead against his. “I told you, I like it when you’re in control. You could even go as far to say that I like it pretty rough, and in my books, that wasn’t exactly ‘rough’. So trust me, Cam, you needn’t worry about a thing.”

“I just didn’t want to hurt you,”

“Then you’ve got the wrong DNA, my friend,” I laughed.

“What do you mean?”

“As long as you’re gay, you’re either going to be hurting someone else, or you’re going to be the one getting hurt. That’s just the way it is,”

That made him laugh, which was partly my point, and then I started laughing, and soon enough we were both on the floor, trying to catch our breath, but still laughing even though nothing was really all that funny. Once we could finally breathe again, I sat up, pulled the sheet that had fallen with us around me a little more and looked at Camron. “Do you have any idea what was so funny?”

He pulled his blanket up around his shoulders and laughed. “Not a clue.”

“Me neither,”

“So do you think maybe we ought to get dressed soon?”

“Well, I don’t know about you, but I personally don’t want to get back in those girl clothes. It’s just so uncomfortable. Ugh, and don’t even get me started on those heels,”

“Oh, I don’t blame you. I hate being ‘Tammy’, mainly because of the shoes and the wig,” he shuddered. “But we don’t have anything else to wear.”

“Oh, but we do,” I smirked, standing up – taking the sheet with me – and going to the dresser in the room. “Justin, Milly’s brother, has all his clothes with him at college so he doesn’t mind if some of my stuff occupies his otherwise empty dresser. I keep a few changes of clothes in here in case I have to leave home in a hurry and don’t have enough time to pack anything.” I grabbed two pairs of everything and threw it all on the bed. “Go ahead and pick out what you like. I'm assuming we’re about the same size. I don’t have any extra shoes though, so when we go upstairs we can see if Milly has anything that’ll fit us.”

“I don’t care; you can choose first. It’s your clothing after all,” Camron said, gesturing to what I laid on the bed.

“Well, I want you to choose first,”

“No, it doesn’t matter to me. You go ahead,”

“Camron, don’t make me make you do this,”

“That barely made any sense, Reese,”

“Ah, but that means it made a little bit of sense at least,” I smirked.

“Fine, it did make some sense. And fine, I'll just pick some random stuff,”

“There’s only two of everything, so take what you want,”

He took what he needed, put it to the side, dropped his blanket, and started getting dressed. I grabbed the leftovers and did the same, semi-amazed that I wasn’t hurting more than I actually was, if you know what I mean.

“You know, I just realized this, but it kind of seems as if you and I switched bodies this morning,” Camron said, pulling the shirt over his head and shaking out his hair afterward.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, you seem really outgoing today and I'm acting shy and reserved,”

“I'm really not all that shy or reserved,” I defended, placing my hands on my hips, looking at him like he just insulted my mother.

“Well, I was comparing this morning to last night,” he chuckled. “Last night you were about half shy and half aggressive. Now you’re all bubbly and I'm kind of not.”

Just then, Milly knocked on the door and called in, “You two love birds descent?”

“Yes, Millinda, you can come in if you want to,” I yelled out to her, picking up my shirt and pulling it on as she walked into the room. Camron turned to me and raised an eyebrow.

“Millinda?”

“It’s her full name, but she hates it,” I explained.

She opened to door and announced, “My parents just called; they said they’re on their way home and will be here in a couple of hours. I've nothing to do until then and doubted you do either, so I was wondering if you two wanted to go catch some lunch?”

I looked at Camron, who shrugged his shoulders, so I told Milly, “Yea, sure, why not?”