Spinning Lights, Don't Be Scared

Light Up The Night

Elody looked at herself in the mirror, unsure of her appearance. She started fiddling with her hair, scrunching, and smoothing, scrunching and smoothing.

“Oh for god sakes! You look fine. quit messing!” Arianna half screamed from the doorway of Elody’s bedroom.

“Are you sure?” Elody said in a small voice.

“Positive!”

Then a light knock came on the door. Arianna gasped, shoving Elody towards the door, “That’s him! GO!”

Elody inched to the door, and slowly opened it, revealing a smiling Craig.

“Ready to go?” Craig said, cheerful. Elody nodded, and walked beside him, down the stairs and down the street. They walked silently for a ways. Craig laced their fingers together, until they reached an almost deserted part of the city.

He led them down an alleyway, and through another alley.

Then Elody saw a long line of graffiti, through the entire alleyway, and down others adjacent to it. Elody gasped. It was the most beautiful thing Elody had ever seen.

“I stumbled upon this a few weeks ago.” Craig said walking over to the nearest wall.

It was amazing, the bubble letters and the colors. They swirled around together in almost perfect harmony. You could read some and others you couldn’t but it didn’t really matter.

“I thought it was beautiful.” Craig said fingering the sprayed brick.

“It really is.” Elody agreed softly, dumbstruck.

Craig looked over at her, “come on, there’s more.” He said and led her through another alleyway and stopped in front of a ladder to a fire escape.

He motioned for her to climb the ladder. She slowly made her up, with a bit of help from Craig. Once she was on the landing he climbed up too. They sat down legs hanging off the edge in between the bars.

From where they were sitting you could see an intricate maze of tags and drawings, opening up to a street with a lone streetlight.

“You know, I was at your show the other night.” Elody said with a smirk

“Really?” Craig asked surprised, looking over at her. “What’d ya think?”

“You were amazing.” Elody said with a big smile on her face.

“You’re amazing,” he countered.

Elody blushed, but held eye contact. The streetlight caught the glint in Elody’s gray eyes.

Craig leaned forward quickly and pressed his lips to hers, but pulled away right as Elody registered what was happening. He rested his forehead on hers. Elody looked into his hypnotizing blue eyes, and closed the gap between their lips, once more.

Craig kissed back thankfully, longingly, and Elody weaved her fingers through his Blonde hair. Completely content.

--

im proud of this story :]
comments and closing thoughts would be amazing! <3