Spinning Lights, Don't Be Scared

All We Need Is A Little Bit of Momentum

“Ya know, you’re driving him crazy.” Arianna said to Elody a few nights later while they were watching TV.

“What are you talking about?” Elody said knowing quite well what she was talking about.

Arianna looked at her friend with a don’t-give-me-that look.

“I got to go to work, I’ll see ya later tonight.” Arianna said heading to the door, hiding her smirk.

Arianna later made herself presentable, and headed to her own job, staying there until her shift ended, and headed back home, ready to collapse on the coach. She twisted her key and was welcomed by the sound of laughter, but not just Arianna’s.

She crept around the corner and her eyes immediately bulged when she saw him, sitting next a guy with scruffy brown hair. Arianna was sitting on the chair opposite them, with a defiant smirk on her face.

Elody spun on her heels and darted out the door. She was headed towards the stairs; she couldn’t wait for the elevator. She heard a door shut somewhere down the hall, and sped up, safely reaching the stair well, making her way up a few flights, and sitting down.

Elody didn’t know what she was thinking when she ran out. She just couldn’t handle it.

Her attempts at getting away proved useless, as Craig found his way up the flight she was sitting on, and filled the spot next to her, making her immediately tense up.

“Ya know, you seem to run away a lot.” He said staring directly ahead of them.

She shrugged, deciding not to try to form coherent speak.

“Why is that?” Craig asked, focusing on her.

Elody thought for a moment, not really sure.

For once, she made eye contact “I-I.. don’t know”

After her statement died, her eyes fell to the ground once more. “You have no reason to be nervous..” Craig said softly.

“I don’t know.. It’s complicated I guess” Elody said to the ground.

Craig lifted her chin, so she was looking at him, “You’re gorgeous, don’t be so self conscious.” He left go of her chin, but she continued looking at him, enticed, a small smile on her face.

He leaned a bit, glancing at her lips, their faces mere inches apart. Then Craig looked at her eyes, gave a small smile and stood up, walking down the stairs, leaving Elody, mouth agape, and confusion apparent on her face.

--

comments would be nice :]