Spinning Lights, Don't Be Scared

Frequently Baby, I'm Out Of My Mind

Craig hadn’t noticed Elody at the show. The lights were so bright he had barely seen past the end of the stage.

He pulled himself out of bed the next morning, exhausted. He washed and clothed himself. On his way out the door he saw Derrick asleep on the couch, mouth agape, and drool slowly running down his chin. He laughed to himself and continued out.

He walked the few blocks to the coffee shop he had noticed when he first moved in, and took a seat at the counter.

“Can I help you?” said a small voice from behind the granite counter. His head shot up, immediately recognizing the voice.

She glanced at him briefly then found whatever she could to avert her attention.

He smirked. “What do you recommend?” he asked, doing whatever he could to keep her talking.

“A.. umm.. latte?” she replied, rattling off whatever came to her mind first.

He smiled, and chuckled, “Okay, I’ll take one.”

”It’ll be about ten minutes” she almost whispered, and scurried away.

Craig watched her watched her make his drink, with admiration, enticed, as her red-brown hair swayed as she walked.

She came back his way, Mug and saucer in hand, setting it down before him, along with a napkin and the check. Craig noted a light rattling, from her slight shaking.

“Thank you” He said softly, smiling up at her.

She blushed, and nodded. Then hurried away, once again.

Craig drank his latte slower than he usually would, hypnotized.

He was driving her insane. She couldn’t think. She had gotten three different orders messed up, and was counting the minutes until break, until she escape his gaze. He made her so nervous.

Finally the minute hand landed where she longed it to, and darted out the door. Sitting on a bench outside, taking shaky breaths, thankful to be away.

She then heard the door open and someone sit next to her, and she tensed, knowing full well who it would be.

“You make a good latte.” Craig said smiling.

She looked at him for a split second, then looked again, not being able to resist his shining blue eyes, finding them comforting, and easing up slightly

“Thanks” she said, clearly, with a smile stuck to her face.