Spinning Lights, Don't Be Scared

Rooftops

It took a few minutes for the fireman to coax Elody away from Craig and take her up, and then Craig followed with another firefighter, into the mass chaos of firefighters, and machines that had been air lifted onto the roof.

Elody was never more thankful to see Arianna than she was at the moment she got out of that elevator shaft. Arianna came at her, running, and tackled her in a hug.

“Oh my god, do you have any idea how worried I was?! You’re not allowed to ride that elevator, ever again!!” Arianna exclaimed into Elody’s ear, and Elody laughed, returning her hug.

Likewise, Craig and Derrick shared their own little ‘man hug’ a few feet away.

Before Elody knew it, she was swept away by a paramedic and sat in the ambulance, getting her vitals checked. Craig was soon brought over, and sat right next to her on the gurney, while the paramedic checked him over.

“Do you both feel okay?” one of the paramedics asked. Elody silently nodded, Craig did the same. “Then you’re free to go.”

Craig then helped Elody out of the ambulance.

Elody wrapped her arms around her self, walking through the mass of people, Craig following her.

“Listen Craig..” Elody started, voice raspy, and cracking, with the sudden speech. “I don’t even know how to start to say how thankful I am that you were there. I don’t know what I would have done if it weren’t for you.”

Craig smiled down at her, and wrapped his arms around her, and pulled her into a hug. She faltered for a second, but returned a moment later.

“There wasn’t anywhere I’d have rather been.” He whispered into her ear earnestly.

Elody looked up at Craig, with a smile, and said, “I don’t know how I could ever thank you..”

“Well, I can think of a few ways.” Craig said with a small smile.

Elody pulled a face, not knowing what he meant.

Craig chuckled, and cupped her cheek with his hand, “How about a date, and this time I promise it wont involve elevators”

She lightly laughed, and responded cheeks now rosy “I’d like that”

--

another update very very soon.
next parts the end
:'[