Status: Finished!!!

Life Starts After Dark

12

Eric’s POV

I tried not to think as I drank from the beautiful blonde that was sitting next to me. Of course, she was the very opposite of Skylar. Her blonde hair, brown eyes, and idiotic nature should have been just the distraction I needed. But sadly, all my attempts to forget her were in vain. I could not stop my mind from wandering from the desire that overpowered me. I would rather be drinking her blood. But sadly, such things were not possible for me, unless I forced poor Skylar to bend to my wishes.

I would do no such thing.

“I’m done now, “ I informed the blonde. I did not even bother to learn her name. It meant nothing to me. She was just a meal, and the sad truth was, that was all she would ever be to vampires like me.

I had the undeniable urge to at least see Skylar, even if I had to resort to Peeping Tom activities. I would, of course, not be in contact with her, but I had to at least see if she missed me at all.

The blonde looked almost hurt as she got up and walked away, adjusting her extremely short skirt as she went out of the hotel room that I had rented for us to have some privacy. Apparently, she knew the drill, and had been with many vampires before. Maybe she expected something more from me, but whatever that was, she would just have to remain disappointed.

Now it was time for me to go. I abandoned the cheap hotel room, and got into my car where I drove to Bon Temps. I tried not to think very much about Skylar as I drove, but that seemed to be an impossibility for me. I was truly pathetic. What would my fellow vampires think if they new just how far I had gone with a mere human woman. It was madness. It was stupidity on my part to attach myself to her so firmly that it was torture to be away from her. I had given this woman my blood, and therefore made it impossible for me not to think about her at least five times in the hour.

I finally reached the road that led to her house, and parked far enough away so she wouldn’t be able to see it from her house. But just as I was ready to get out and walk to the window, another truck pulled past me and drove right into her driveway. And there was a man inside that truck.

I got out of the car and watched as he walked up to the front porch, then knocked on her front door.

The door swung open, revealing Skylar. She was a sight to behold. Her hair was curled, falling in thick curtains around her fair face. Her lips were red and full looking, her gray eyes smoky. And on top of all that, she was wearing black lace up high heeled boots under a lovely red knee-length skirt. The wore a plain black tank top under a black denim jacket.

He took her hand and led her to his pickup truck, looking down at her with adoration the whole way.

She smiled at him, and then I suddenly became murderously angry.

She was mine.

________________________________________________________________________________

Clearly she did not miss me as I hoped she would.

I waited for them to return, watching the clock. It was three hours, twenty-five minutes, and thirty-two seconds later when the truck pulled back into her driveway.

The two emerged, laughing at some joke he had told, one that I didn’t find the least bit funny, and strolled up to her front porch.

Then something happened that made the blood boil in my veins.

The man pushed Skylar up against her front door and kissed her. But that was not what made me the most angry.

She then wove her fingers through his hair, just like she had done when I had kissed her in her living room.

I could feel her desire for him coursing through my own veins, taunting me.

He kissed her once more, gently on her blushing cheek, and then bade her goodnight. She went into her house, closing the door behind her. I heard the deadbolt lock from where I stood in the shadow of the trees not far from the man’s truck.

When he got close enough, I recognized the man, which made me even more angry than I had been before. It was Sam, Skylar’s employer at Merlotte’s.

I approached him before he got the chance to get into his truck.

He swore as he saw my reflection in the side view mirror. He was half in, half out of the truck cab. But he stopped and got back out again when he saw me.

“What are you doing here?” he asked without a trace of fear in his voice. He was a fool.

“I am here to claim what is mine.”

“Oh, really, and what is that?” he asked coolly.

“Skylar. She is mine, dog.”

“Really, now. And does she know about that? Because it’s funny…she didn’t mention you once.”

“You really don’t want to press my patience with you, Sam. If you value your pitiful existence, you will stay away from her. After all, it isn’t very professional of you to date your employees.”

“You cannot threaten me, Eric.”

“Do not test my limits, Sam. That is all I have to tell you. You have been warned.”

I walked away from him then, standing outside of his truck like a dumbstruck puppy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Three posts in one day! Now I am just spoiling you!