Status: Finished!!!

Life Starts After Dark

25

Skylar’s POV

Eric’s response to my request had been joyous and triumphant. He was perfectly happy to oblige to what I wanted, but it was not in a way that showed any sort of pride. He did not act as if her had finally conquered me, but rather he had finally made me see his true feelings for me, and I had chosen to give him the best gift in my possession.

I remember there being pain at first, but after that, everything felt connected and peaceful, even when my heart slammed fitfully in my chest. His skin against mine felt utterly perfect.

I remembered high school locker rooms for some reason, and how being naked, even with the same sex, felt extremely uncomfortable for me. What didn’t make sense was the amount of comfort I felt with Eric. There was absolutely nothing between us, and yet I enjoyed the unencumbered proximity I felt with him.

Even more amazing was the sense of safety and pleasure he brought me. I had no fears that anything I would do would seem silly, naïve, or stupid to him. He seemed to understand me in a way that no one else did.

He moved carefully, and informed me of everything he was about to do in an effort to make me as comfortable as possible. Even though everything was slow and careful, he did not lose a sense of passion. Every gesture was proof how just how much he really loved me, and I discovered the depth of his feelings in that night, in ways I would not have been able to in any other way.

_______________________________________________________________________

Eric’s POV

As I lay next to her, I could not help but be amazed. She had just gifted me in the greatest way she knew how. And to discover that she had never given herself so fully to anyone else before made it that much more precious to me.

If I hadn’t known before, I knew now that I could never love another the way I loved her. None of my other encounters or relationships had even come close to being this significant. I wanted her more than anything else.

And an hour before sunrise, I left her sleeping form with a sadness the likes of which I had never known before. I could never spend the day sleeping next to her. But I would be with her in every way I possibly could, because I knew trying to do otherwise would be too painful for me. I would not let her out of my grasp again. That short time when she had ordered me away had been too much for me to bear. Only now she knew my feelings, and she did not seem likely to let me go again. And I would not let her out of my grasp again. Because I was in love with her in every way possible.
♠ ♠ ♠
A super, mushy chapter, I am well aware. Sorry about that. But I am sure a lot of people enjoyed the fact that they finally did the deed. I am thinking about maybe writing a twilight fanfic, once I get time. What do you think? Finals are killing me right now, so I don’t know when I will get around to it. But I thought it would be a cool idea.