Status: Finished!!!

Life Starts After Dark

27

“She is starting to come around again,” I heard the voice of the male that had taken me from my home.

“Stop. I don’t want another does given to her. I want to speak to her when she is coherent.”

I wanted to scream. I wanted to curse. I was frustrated, and not just because I had been thrust into another dangerous situation, but that I had not been able to see it coming.

I felt a cool hand on my face, and a man chuckled. “I can practically feel your anger. I know, with your abilities, such a state of confusion must be infuriating.”

“What do you want from me?” I spat, but it came out slurred. I had been meaning to sound more demanding than that. I shook my head in an effort to clear my head and blurred vision.

Things started to slowly come into focus. A man appeared in front of me. He was pale with not a single blemish on his thin, angular face. His nose was long and perfectly straight, and his eyes were an icy blue. Those cold blue eyes fastened onto my owl, and seemed to soften ever so slightly. I felt an iciness creep into my body. His hair was jet black, a strange contrast to his alabaster skin, and his elegantly arched eyebrows rose as his eyes bore into mine.

What did he know about me? He had mentioned my “abilities” but how did he even know about them? I had no idea who this person was, but he seemed very familiar with me.

“Skylar, you have no idea how difficult it has been to find you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is taking me so long, you guys.