Status: Finished!!!

Life Starts After Dark

38

Skylar’s POV

It was all very strange to me. The smells of the night were crisper and more potent than I had remembered them being. It was all very new and very exciting. I smelled the delicious scent that clung to every surface of the house I was in, and wondered how I could have ever thought that anything was sweeter. I found that the scent made me thirsty in a way that water would not satisfy me.

“Eric, I need some of that blood or I am going to do something very stupid very soon,” I said slowly, slightly distracted by all my new found senses. I had a feeling that I would easily be able to have visions at will, now that I was a strong vampire. Also, I would be able to use telekinesis more freely, I remembered as I thought back on the night I had been “killed”.

Eric was quick to oblige my request, and within a few moments, there were four bottles of red liquid sitting in front of me on the coffee table.

“You will have to get used to that for now, so you might as well find one that appeals to you the most.”

Slowly, I took small sips from each of the bottles. I quickly found that they were disgusting, all except one. This particular one had a certain sweetness to it, while also presenting a savory flavor. It was AB negative.

“This was my blood type,” I recalled.

“Yes. You had the best blood I had ever tasted. I’m sure you noticed the way your house smells, no?”

“I noticed,” I said with a faint smile as my attention was drawn again to that wonderful aroma.

“That is just a mere shadow of how you smelled to me. There were times when you nearly drove me mad. I was convinced when I met you, that if you didn’t offer yourself to me, I would have to force you to let me feed on you, but even then I had a certain respect for you that kept me from committing such a crime.”

“I admire you. I would not be able to resist this if it was flesh and blood in front of me right now.”

“I have had a thousand years to practice,” he reminded me. “One day it will easy for you to resist, unless you are like me, and run across someone like you, who makes you feel like a newborn vampire all over again. That was the way you made me feel, like I could lose control at any moment.”

“I don’t think that will really matter much to me, Eric.”

“And why is that?”

“Well, I don’t mean to sound presumptuous, but you were in love with me, which I imagine may have made it even harder. With me, I have become a vampire, and I am already in love with you, so if I come across a particularly…appealing human, I will know that their blood could never make me feel the way you do.”

I could not explain the look I saw come over his face. It was a bittersweet happiness. Bitter, because he had not wanted anything like this to happen to me in the first place, but sweet, because deep inside, he would not have been able to have it any other way. I would have had my way eventually. He just wasn’t thrilled with how it had actually happened.

“So,” I began, “what do we do now?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it has been so terribly long. I have been especially busy lately with school. I actually had to put off homewok just to write this. I will be posting the lst chapter in a little while, maybe even tonight. Then I am going to probably start something new.

Hope you guys enjoy this! : D