Status: Finished!!!

Life Starts After Dark

Epilogue

Skylar’s POV

Time passed, and the world around us changed, though we did not. Eric promised me that one day I would grow accustomed to this, although I would have to do my best to keep up with modern day technologies so as not to be left behind in the old world I used to know.

It had already been ten years, although it seemed like a I had only met Eric such a short time ago. At the same time, I felt like we had known each other since the beginning of time.

And as the years passed, I became more powerful. Eric grew increasingly more surprised as my powers doubled within my first two years. My love for Eric doubled with every passing night. I traded the sun for the moon and stars, and was not the least bit unhappy for my sacrifice. I looked at our matching golden bands that we wore, and knew that I had made the right choices, even if I had no power in choosing whether or not to love him. I had involuntarily made the decision before I had even been aware of it.

We could not part from each other, even during the day, so we shared a double-wide coffin. This new bed had been strange for me at first, but I was always immediately reassured when Eric wrapped his arms around me and fell asleep easily with me in his embrace. I knew this was where I belonged, even if it was strange and new to me.

I also realized that the life I had been living before I met Eric was no life at all. I was all about surviving, and forgot that I was meant to thrive and live happily. In my human life after I met Eric, I had never been in more danger in my entire existence, and yet I flourished. My life began that night when I walked into Fangtasia. From that night on, my life began after dark, because life without Eric was no life at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, it's over!

I am a little sad about it, but I definitely like that feeling of accomplishment. For those of you that liked this, I will be writing more, although not necessarily on this particular subject.

A big thank you to all my readers for being so supportive and awesome. You guys rock.