Status: complete!(:

It's Yours

Ten.

Becky was waiting for me when I got home. Well, not so much waiting as sleeping. I think she was waiting but when it got past 10:30 she fell asleep on the couch. As I looked at her sleeping form I began thinking about everything.

Some day in the not so distant future I would have a baby. A little girl, or a little boy that would one day fall asleep waiting for someone to come home. Someone that would depend on me for food, clothing, a home… How was I going to deal with that? I had enough trouble taking care of Becky. A baby?!? That would be so much harder.

So I stood there, the tears gathering in my eyes for the third time that day, and I thought. Memories of the beach, the playground, the theatre were racing in my head. These were my memories, but these would also be my baby’s memories. This I knew. My childhood would become nothing but a blur when I had my own child. It would become their childhood that I would remember, not my own. I decided that I was thinking to much. It was dangerous.

“Becks. Becky. REBECCA!!!”

She looked up, dazed. Her hair was a tangle and the pillow had etched a pattern on her cheek.

“Come on Becks. It’s time to go upstairs.”

She nodded and allowed me to lead her to the stairs. In her room she collapsed on the bed and was asleep within minutes. I smiled fondly at her before closing the door and retreating into my own room. I went to shut down my laptop and noticed that Janie and Melissa were both signed in. It was now or never.

GreenEyedGirl requests chat with DreamDancer08 and Stargazrr99.

DreamDancer08 accepts.

Stargazrr99 accepts.


DreamDancer08: Why the chat room Em?

Stargazrr99: Yeah is something wrong?

GreenEyedGirl: Ummm. Yeah. I need to tell you guys something.

DreamDancer08: Okayyy. We’re listening, right Mel?

Stargazrr99: Of course! Just tell us what’s up.

GreenEyedGirl: Jake and I had sex.

Stargazrr99: That’s your big news?

DreamDancer08: I’m with Melissa on this one, Em. You and Jake having sex is not really that big of a deal. Actually, with all his begging and whatnot I’m surprised that we weren’t having this conversation earlier.

Stargazrr99: Agreed.

GreenEyedGirl: Are you guys serious? This is a big deal! It’s not like you’ve done it!!

DreamDancer08: Well no but it’s obvious that Jake has.

Stargazrr99: Yeah.

GreenEyedGirl: How do you know that Jake has?!? And Mel you didn’t answer.

DreamDancer08: We don’t know but it’s just him. He couldn’t have not had sex. Answer the question, Mel, I did.

Stargazrr99: I know for a fact that Jake had sex.

GreenEyedGirl: No you don’t. You just know the rumors. And why did you write it little? We only do that if we’re afraid to say something! Spill Mel!!!

DreamDancer08: C’mon Mel. Just answer, yes or no.

Stargazrr99: Yes.

DreamDancer08: Ohmigod!! With who?!?!

GreenEyedGirl: Yeah, Mel! With who!!!

Stargazrr99: Just some guy.

GreenEyedGirl: STOP WRITING SMALL!!!!

DreamDancer08: Tell us!!!

Stargazrr99 has signed out. If you wish for Stargazrr99 to receive your message, she must be signed in.

GreenEyedGirl: What was that all about?

DreamDancer08: I have no idea. I’ve gotta go to bed though.

GreenEyedGirl: Janie wait! There’s something else I didn’t tell you yet.

DreamDancer08: Okay just make it quick I have work in the morning.

GreenEyedGirl: I’m….

DreamDancer08: You’re….?

GreenEyedGirl: I’m…

DreamDancer08: Spit it out, Em, I have to sleep!

GreenEyedGirl: Pregnant.

DreamDancer08: NO WAY!!!!!!

GreenEyedGirl: Way.

DreamDancer08: Ohmigod! Okay meet me at work when you get up. Bring coffee.

GreenEyedGirl: I don’t know if I can have coffee. And you have to work.

DreamDancer08: Yeah well I can work and talk at the same time. Bring me coffee. Get like a tea or something for you.

GreenEyedGirl: Okay. Night Janie.

DreamDancer08: Night Em.