Status: complete!(:

It's Yours

Thirteen.

I missed fifth period. And sixth. I never moved. My tears never dried. I felt as though I was in some sort of trance. No one came looking for me after Melissa. I thought that was kinda odd, but I didn’t really think about it much. No one came into the bathroom either. That wasn’t so odd seeing that I picked one of the grossest bathrooms to make my call, therefore one of the most disused bathrooms. It wasn’t until the middle of seventh period that someone stumbled in.

“Oh. Ummm sorry. Hey. Are you okay?”

She sounded embarrassed. I didn’t move from my position on the floor. This sophomore would never understand.

“Hey, girl on the floor. What’s wrong? Hello?”

She was waving her hand in front of my face. My eyes didn’t bother to track her manicured fingers. She looked into my eyes, her baby blues locking onto my emerald greens. Her blonde hair spilled over until it met mine. I recognized her as one of the new cheerleaders. She had just started here this year. Her name was Kate Mitanski; she transferred from some place called Lasher High a few cities over. Supposedly her mom committed suicide.

“Don’t worry okay, I’m going to find someone to help you, I swear.”

She ran to the door and opened it into the empty hall.

“Help please! Someone! There’s a girl in here and I have no idea what the hell is wrong with her so if someone would just get their ass in here that would be great!!!”

“Miss Mitanski!” I heard the principal’s voice say. “I thought we made it very clear that there is to be no swearing during school hours. Now I’ll let you off with a warning this time but-”

“Look, Mrs. Lombard, I’m really sorry about the whole swearing thing, but there’s a girl in the bathroom, just lying on the freakin’ floor without moving. She’s crying and one side of her face is bright red, turning purple, with a hand print on it. Either she thinks she’s like all spiritual and junk and likes to curl up on disgusting bathroom floors to cry, or someone slapped her hard enough for it to really hurt.”

Through the open door I could see Kate absentmindedly rubbing her own cheek. I bet she got slapped like I did once upon a time. Mrs. Lombard peered around Kate and gasped when she saw me.

“Miss Mitanski when did you find Miss Campbell?”

“Like five minutes ago. But I don’t know how long she’s been here. With that slap mark developing like it is I’d estimate about two periods, maybe more.”

“And she hasn’t moved at all?”

“Nope. I don’t know if she’s even blinked.”

“Ok. Go down to my office and tell Ms. Murnan to call Emma Campbell’s parents. If she says that they’re still in South Africa then tell her to call Paul Numez’s parents. I don’t know what’s wrong with Miss Campbell so tell her to call the hospital too. Tell her it also might be a good idea to call Rebecca Campbell down to the office. Do you have all of that?”

“Tell Ms. Murnan to call Emma Campbell’s parents. If they don’t answer call Paul Numez’s parents. Call 911 and get Rebecca Campbell down to the office.”

Mrs. Lombard nodded and Kate took off down the hallway. Mrs. L. walked over to where I was lying. She got down on her knees so that she was almost eye level with me.

“Emma, everything is going to be all right. Can you hear me? Just blink if you understand.”
I blinked. Fresh tears overflowed.

“Very good, Emma. Did someone do this to you?”

I blinked again.

“Will you tell me who it was?”

I blinked twice hoping she would understand that meant no. She did.

“Okay, that’s understandable. Are you hurt at all besides your cheek?”

I wanted to only blink once. I wanted to finally let someone in charge know that I was pregnant. But after the first blink my eyelids closed once more.

“That’s good. Are your parent’s still gone?”

I blinked once.

“Okay-”

She was cut off by another person’s voice.

“I just ran into Kate Mitanski, Mrs. Lombard, and she said….EMMA!!! What the hell is wrong with her?!?!?”

Great. Just the person I wanted to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awe, poor Emma. I bet you're wondering why Kate is important. She isn't really. I just decided that all of my Crash readers could see that she's all happy now. Anyway, those 10 comments and 25 subscribers make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Sorry about the cliffhanger, but I bet you already know who it is! I'll update again tomorrow. Much love, darlings!