Status: complete!(:

It's Yours

Seventeen.

Thom: “How are you feeling, Em? Are you hungry? Thirsty? What can I get you?”

Paul: “It was Mel, wasn’t it? Did you tell Jake? Where’s you cell phone?”

Janie: “Oh I’m so glad you’re awake, Em! I missed you, being stuck here with the guys. And I talked to Stephanie. She wants to know when you can start. We’re going to work together!!”

Becky: “Mom and Dad called. They’re going to be home as soon as the movie wraps up, so in about two weeks. I can’t believe you didn’t tell me you were pregnant. Have you told Mom and Dad? Have you told Jake? They’re gonna flip.”

Mrs. Numez: “I don’t know what that doctor was talking about. You can’t be pregnant, dear. Trust me. You will be fine. You’re not pregnant.”

Mr. Numez didn’t say anything, but I understood that. Paul’s dad was the quiet type.

Everyone was speaking at once. I caught parts of it, but not all. And I still hadn’t spoken. Finally everyone quieted.

And I decided to speak.

“Thom, I don’t want anything. Paul, I told Jake. But it’s none of your business who did this to me. Janie, thank you so much for the job. I’m going to need it. Becky, I haven’t told Mom and Dad. I’m telling them when they get back. Mrs. Numez, thank you so much for being here for me. I hate it that I have to do this to you, but I am pregnant. Jake got me pregnant before he left. Could you all please leave me alone to take a shower and brush my teeth?”

They all seemed shocked. They nodded in unison and disappeared into the hallway.

I sat up experimentally. A little bit of head rush, but not too bad. Then I stood up. Bad idea. I collapsed. I heard two people rushing to my room. Thom lifted me up and supported my weight while Laurie scolded me.

“You should have called me! We have been feeding you with a feeding tube, but you still need rest before you can walk on your own.” I nodded while Thom helped me to the bathroom.

Laurie shooed him out and turned on the water. She helped me undress and then sat me down on the little bench. I watched her shampoo and condition my hair for me. Then she helped me dry off and change into a clean hospital gown.

I was settling back into bed when Thom reappeared with food. I glanced at Laurie. She was looking uncomfortable.

“Emma, Dr. Frances is completely sure that you will be able to keep food down. However, this presents a problem for you. He says that you don’t need your feeding tube, so I’m going to need to remove it. It won’t hurt, but it’s going to feel a bit uncomfortable.”

“Okay. Go for it.”

She walked to the right side of my bed. She started peeling tape away from my cheek. It was only then that I realized it was there. She began pulling the long spaghetti thin tube. I started gagging and my eyes watered.

True to her word, it didn’t hurt. It was just uncomfortable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo, short chapter...BUT! No cliffhanger this time! Yay! Thank you all for your lovely comments and please eat something delicious for your next meal because I am in a mood that requires deliciousness and I want you to help me achive that! I'll try to update quicker from now on, PROMISE!