Status: complete!(:

It's Yours

Twenty-Three.

It was like an explosion. An explosion of knowledge, or love, or something else I couldn’t place. I loved Jake, it was true, but that was nothing compared to the way I felt about Thom the moment his silky lips touched mine. If I had thought that Jake was my one true love, then Thom was the reason for my existence. How had I not known this before? Because I had never given him a chance. I had never given us a chance.

I heard Paul cough from the door as we pulled away. Thom grinned and I blushed. Paul just laughed and muttered “Finally”. Thom left and I got dressed in my Pajamas.

I rushed to open the door. Thom’s arms wound themselves around my waist and I leaned into his shoulder. Paul made gagging noises, but he was smiling so the taunt fell flat. Mrs. Numez walked through the door just as Thom won his third game in a row in Tetris.

“You are so OWNED man!” Thom was laughing. Paul grumbled something incoherent.

“Rematch.”

“What you wanna get whipped again?”

“Boys!” Mrs. Numez scolded. They turned around with sheepish smiles.

“Yeah, Mom?” Paul asked innocently.

“Can’t you tell she’s dead on her feet?” She pointed towards me. I was going to object but that would have taken too much energy.

“Oops.” They said in unison.

“Yeah. Look, maybe it would be better to leave her in here, Paul, and you and Thom can use the couch.”

“Okay.” They said again. Mrs. Numez smiled and left.

Thom lifted me up and tucked me into Paul’s bed. I didn’t want him to leave. Paul could sense that.

“Thom, c’mon man. Let’s go set up the couch.” He smiled at me. He was getting revenge for those Tetris games.

“Fine.” Thom groaned. Then he kissed my forehead and winked at me while Paul’s back was turned.

I closed my eyes obediently. Paul chuckled and turned off the lights.

“I’ll be back soon.” Thom whispered and then shut the door.

I planned on staying up till Thom came back, but the lethargy overpowered me and I fell asleep. I woke up about two hours later to the sound of an opening door.

“I’m back.” He smiled.

“Yay!” I whispered.

Thom lifted up the covers and crawled in next to me. He placed one arm under his head and the other over my two month and one week baby bump. I snuggled closer to him and sighed. If only things could stay like this forever.

But they couldn’t. A week later and everyone at school knew. I attracted stares wherever I went. Plus when I didn’t have my maternity clothes on you could just see the bump. It wasn’t just a tiny little thing anymore.

I had my first ultrasound and everything was fine. I was about 13½ weeks along. That meant that I was in my second trimester. The baby was healthy. I had another one scheduled for my 18th week and my 26th week. I wanted to know the gender of the baby. Thom did too, though he wouldn’t admit it.

But none of that mattered because I was finally happy. I had a family that loved me, even if I wasn’t biologically related to them. I had a supportive little sister that I still got to see at school every day. We had taken to going out to lunch three times a week. I had three best friends that didn’t care how fat I was getting and how many people thought I was a whore. I had a great job learning to deal with kids, and my manager didn’t care that I was pregnant. In fact that seemed to make her like me even more. And best of all, I finally had the perfect boyfriend that loved me and cared about me and protected me and didn’t treat me like dirt. The only bad part was my parents.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey all of you wonderful subscribers and commenters and readers in general! I've got an idea. You should click on this link! I'll give you all virtual hugs again!!!(: