Status: complete!(:

It's Yours

Epilogue.

“Mommy! Mommy! Mommy!” Hayley yelled, delighted, as she jumped up and down, clutching onto my hand.

“Hayley! Hayley! Hayley!” I said, smiling, trying to act as excited as a three year old.

“Look at the flower!” She said, opening her hand to reveal a dirty and rather crushed dandelion. I opened my eyes and smiled wide.

“Would you look at that!” I said, surprised, “I think that is the most beautiful flower I have seen in my entire life.” I told her, squatting down to her eye level.

She handed me the flower. I smiled again and tucked it into one of her braids. She giggled and kissed my cheek happily. I scooped her up, covering her little head with kisses. Her hair was my exact shade, her eyes a constant reminder of Jacob. She giggled harder and I put her down. She promptly ran away towards the swing set.

“Hayley, wait for Mommy!” I yelled after her, sighing as I took a look at the other moms. Their looks of disdain were hard to miss as they gazed at me. I ignored it. It was understandable to dislike a 20-year-old mother, I guessed. I ran after Hayley but stopped when I caught sight of Thom, pushing her in a swing.

“Higher, Daddy!!! Higher!!!!” She squealed, overjoyed. I laughed and walked to his side.

“I thought you were working late tonight.” I said, raising my eyebrow.

“I couldn’t miss a park play date with my favorite girls.” He said, pretending to be stunned.

I smiled and he snuck a kiss on my cheek. I leaned into his side, fitting perfectly. I twiddled with the braided band of gold on my left hand, smiling at the warmth coming off of Thom’s side. I didn’t care how our little family looked to anyone else, to me it was absolutely, wonderfully flawless.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is, the end of Emma's story.(: I have started working on a sequel, but it isn't very good as of right now so I might not post it. However, if enough of you really, really want a sequel, I'll post it. You are warned about it's crappiness though. Thank you all for your wonderful comments and for just reading the story!