Status: Being rewritten

The Colour of Snow

One

*dream*
A young girl sat on her mothers knee, the girl a mirror image of her mother, apart from the young girl had eyes which were a shiny bronze colour with dark brown circling them. The small girl stared into her mothers green eyes and smiled.
~Mummy, why am I called Rayne?~
~Because the day me and daddy made you it was raining~ the mother explained with a pained expression.
~Why isn’t daddy here?~
~Aw baby, your daddy lives some where different, he lives in America in a small place called Forks.~ The small girls mother looked off out the window their car.
~What’s my daddy like?~
~Well he has dark eyes, black hair, tanned skin, he is very handsome, he cares about his family very much~
~Ok. Will I ever meet my daddy?~
~Maybe one day.~
*end dream*

Rayne sighed as she got out of bed. She had been dreaming of the day her mother died often. Crawling out of bed she made her way to her bathroom. After having a shower, getting dressed and doing her make up she looked out the window.
The sun was shining against the white snow that covered everything in sight. Deciding to take a walk in the forest, Rayne grabbed her camera, leaving her cell phone on her desk so she couldn’t be disturbed.

Rayne pulled on her old snow boots, walking out into the national park that lay behind her house. Smiling she knew exactly where she would go.

Snapping photos of the waterfall Rayne sighed. Not many people came this far into the forest, scared of wolves or getting lost. However Rayne felt more comfy surrounded by the trees and quiet then anywhere else.
Rayne’s nose twitched at the sudden sweet scent, the sweetness intoxicating her as it blew downhill to her.
Hearing the snapping of branches, Rayne spun around.
Coming out the trees stood a man, his black hair covering most of his face, however his red eyes shone through, his clothing was simple, just dark wash blue jeans with a gray t-shirt and black converse coving his feet.
~Now, what’s a pretty little thing like you doing out here all alone?~ the man asked menacingly.
~None of your business, what are you doing? Not many people come out this far.~ Rayne stated, not wanting some idiot to bother her peaceful walk.
~I’m, just looking for something to eat, but it seems I have already found it.~ The man eye raped Rayne, taking in the curves of her body.
Giving a questioning look Rayne felt her body start to tremble almost violently.
~Now, now my dear, no need to be scared, the nerves make you taste salty and I do hate my food being ruined.~ The man tutted Rayne as the shaking being more violent has anger shot through her, her camera now on the ground.
The man let out a snarling growl, leaping for Rayne, however before he reached his target, Rayne pushed her body forward, her body growing, ripping her clothes into shreds. Replacing Rayne’s body was now the body of a wolf, its white fur the colour of snow, nearly hiding her from plain sight.
In a blinding Rayne pushed her wolf body forward, leaping on the man.
The strange red eyes man starting lashing out at Rayne, but her strong jaw caught his hand and crushed it in one strong bite. Rayne’s auto-pilot body then started tearing the man into pieces. His blood covered the snow and Rayne’s coat. Soon the man was in uncountable pieces. Still in auto pilot, the wolf started digging holes and burying parts of the man. Sometimes running for 10min to bury another piece. When a jawless head was left, the wolf picked it up and threw it in the river, watching as it disappeared in the water. Staring at the reflection, Rayne realised what she did.
‘Oh shit! I just KILLED a man, fuck fuck fuck! What’s happening to me! Why am I a wolf?! Am I crazy??? Maybe I just dreaming? Yeah that’s what it just be. Ok Rayne, your dreaming and soon you’ll wake up and have a shower then you can just sit down and watch a movie.’ Rayne paced back and forth.
‘if this is a dream, then I might as well enjoy it’ she thought. Giving a wolfish smile she dug her paws into the snow and pushed herself forth into the forest. Her body weaving between the trees and jumping over logs. With her heart racing, Rayne let out a joyful howl, pushing herself faster. Rayne laughed, if this was a dream she hoped she never woke, this felt so right to her.
Looking at the sun high in the sky, Rayne decided to go home.
Smiling as she pushed her nose through the window she always left open, Rayne pulled her wolf body into her room.
Sighing she trotted into the bathroom, her heart still racing from running and excitement.
‘Right, if this is or isn’t a dream, I can’t stay like this forever. Let’s try ‘Blood and Chocolate’ way of transforming. Climbing onto the toilet seat, Rayne jumped off, concentrating on becoming human again. However her body remained wolf.
‘Maybe ‘Underworld” style’
Rayne sat down on the cold tiles. Concentrating on her breathing, she tried slowing it down. Once her breathing was back to normal she then concentrated on what she looked like as a human. Within moments her body exploded ad she was on the floor naked.
~What’s wrong with me.~
Finding a new set of clothes, Rayne got redressed and turned her laptop on.
Using speed dail she called Aila,
~Rayne? What’s up~ Aila voice was cherry as always.
~I need you to come round~ Rayne tried sounding relaxed but knew she was failing.
~Ok, I’ll be there in ten~ Aila then hung up.