Frei Im Freien Fall

Chapter One

Bill walked out into the kitchen. His mother was there, mulling over the music, at the table with a cup of coffee. Bill walked to the refrigerator and grabbed the orange juice. He walked out towards his mother and opened the carton and drank from it. Nothing. Bill had hoped that she would yell at him. Instead, she swayed her head to the sounds of Tom’s guitar.

“Hi mom!” Bill shouted.

“Bill, do you mind? I’m listening to your brother!” His mom snapped. Bill rolled his eyes and put the juice carton on the table and walked out into the living room. He slid on his shoes and jacket, and walked out the door. Bill walked into sunshine and the smells of spring.

Bill walked his way to the park that was about a half a mile away from his house. Once he was there, Bill sat on the swings and sobbed silently to himself. He was invisible in his own home, and he hated it. He wanted to go somewhere to be loved and accepted.

A noise startled him. Bill looked around.

“Hello?” Bill said.

“Go away!” A female voice said.

“This is a public area. I can be here if I want to be.” Bill stood up to look for the source of the pretty voice, hoping for a face to match its beauty. Bill soon found what he was looking for, in the tunnel, where children play, was a girl, a little younger than him. She had short, dirty brown hair, and her clothes were torn. She looked up at him to reveal a face of an angel.

“Bist du okay?” Bill asked.

“Nein. I am not. Can you please speak English, I’m not in the mood for German.” She spoke in a cracked voice.

Bill looked at her. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

“None of your business.” She snapped.

“My name is Bill.” He said, holding out a hand.

“Savannah . Savi, for short.” She replied, not taking Bill’s hand.

“Oh, well, hi.” Bill said awkwardly, pulling back his hand. “Life got you down?”

Savi nodded. “Yeah. I just got thrown out of my house.”

“Oh, my. Where are you going to stay?” Bill asked.

“I don’t know. Nor do I care. My mom hates me, and I am glad to be out of that damn house.” She said.

“I know how you feel. I want to leave my own home.” Bill said sadly.

Savi looked at him. “Well, stop complaining and do it.” She said.

“You think I should?” He asked. Savi nodded.

“Okay. Will you wait for me here?” Bill asked.

Savi nodded. Bill stood and left for the place he would no longer call home. He had a plan. He was to pack, and leave. No note. No one was to know of his lack of presence in that hell hole household. Bill ran all the way back. He ran inside and to his room. If he was to do this at all, he was going to do it right then, right there.

Bill grabbed his rucksack and stuffed all the clothes he could. He grabbed his eyeliner, and brush. Then, he smashed his piggy bank and took all the money he had. Then, he went to the kitchen and grabbed some food. His mother didn’t even notice. Tom was still playing his guitar. Bill went back to his room and grabbed the knife that his father had given him that year for his birthday and jumped out the window.

Bill ran back to the park to find Savannah waiting for him where he had left her. He smiled at her as they walked off into the woods together. Bill had never felt so…alive. He was free to be his own person. No rules. No parents. No Tom. Bill was finally as he called it :Frei Im freien fall.

Free in a free fall.
♠ ♠ ♠
To Savi. Ich liebe dich. Du bist mein Freunde, ja?

Comment/Subscribe...