Status: Finished

No More Secrets

10

When Brendon dropped Samantha and me off, he and Ryan walked us to the door. We turned and all four of us looked at each other. Finally, I said,

“Well, it was nice hanging out with you guys and your friends. Uh, I guess we’ll see you later.”

“Yeah, no problem, any time. We, uh, gotta be going too. See ya later, Lilly.” Brendon said. I felt butterflies in my stomach. Stop it!

“Yeah, we’ll see you later.” Ryan said. He quickly leaned in and gave Samantha a kiss on the cheek. They both turned bright red. Samantha started giggling and I pulled her into the house.

“Did you see that?” She whispered excitedly.”He kissed me! On the cheek! Oh my God! What do I do?”

“Well, normally that means he really likes you. And if you really like him too, you’d start seeing him.”

Her eyes got big and shiny. “Like, start dating?”

“Yes.”

“Oh wow! He might be my first boyfriend!”

We started giggling and walked up the stairs. Samantha went to her room on the second floor and I headed up to my suite. When I opened the door mom was sitting at the table on the balcony with her back towards the door.

“Where have you been?”

“Out.”

“With whom?”

“Some friends of Samantha’s’.” I didn’t say who because I didn’t want another fight to ruin my awesome day.

“Oh. Ok. We are eating up here, again.” She said. It unnerved me that a.) She didn’t hear or b.) She didn’t care I had said ‘Samantha’s friends.’

I stayed in my room for the rest of the day. Occasionally I’d catch myself looking into Brendon’s house. I’d only see glimpse of him, Ryan and Brendon’s mom carrying boxes in and out of rooms. After dinner I was sitting in my room listening to the C.D’s Nancy had given me when I noticed a flickering light on my window. I figured it was a plane and ignored it. But it didn’t go away. I got up and looked outside. Across the river was Brendon. He was at his window with a flashlight and was shining it in my window. When I opened the window he stopped and waved. I waved back. Then, he blew a very over dramatic kiss. I smiled and blew one back. We stood at our windows for a few minutes and I waved goodbye.

I sat back on my bed window still wide open. Ok Lilly. I thought to myself. Just admit it. You like him. Say it. You know you want to, and you know it’s true.

“I like him. I LIKE him. I like HIM. I LIKE HIM!”

“Lilly did you say something?” mom asked from outside my door.

“No, I think it was Samantha. Her window is open.”

“Oh, ok. I’m going to bed.”

I snuggled down in my bed. I liked Brendon Urie. He liked me. I think.