Status: Finished

No More Secrets

15

We hoped in the car and drove in silence. He parked down the street from Deidra's house and he walked me to the door. On the front step he took both of my hands and whispered.

“So, I’ll call you later and we’ll do something. Ok?”

“Sounds like a date.” I said kissing him good bye.

I quietly opened the door (Sam had given me a spare key) and stepped inside. I had just locked the door when someone twisted my arm behind my back and put their hand around my mouth. They led me up the stairs to the second floor and into Charlotte’s room.

Oh no. This was bad. I was thrown into a chair and I saw who my attacker was. Charlotte stood with her arms folded and a smirk on her face. What was she doing home so early; she normally dragged herself in around seven or eight. She started pacing, but never taking her eyes off me. She finally stopped and stared.

“Jogging? I should have known better. No one goes jogging for four hours at a time. And besides, you don’t look like you’ve been jogging.” She said staring at me. I didn’t like it. It reminded me of a hungry animal waiting for its food.

“Who is he?” she asked.

Why was she interested in who Brendon was? Should I tell her? No. If I told her, she’d tell her mother who’d tell MY mother who’d get ticked off that I’d been lying to her.

“Well?” Charlotte said.

“He’s a friend of mine.”

“He must be a pretty good friend of yours, then. And wouldn’t it be a shame if you couldn’t see him later because you were grounded for lying to your mother?” She knew exactly what I was thinking. “Now, I’ll ask you again. Who is he? If you tell me, I may not rat you out to your mom. Depends on how I feel after you tell me.”

I sighed. If I just told her his name, maybe she’d leave me alone.

“His name is Brendon.”

“Last name and I forget you were out until six in the morning.”

What did she want from me?

“Urie. Anything else? His address and email?”

She stopped and stared at me.

“What did you say his name is?”

“Brendon Urie.”

She started walking around again, this time muttering to herself. I was worried before about getting in trouble, now I was worried about being alone with a psycho.

“Brendon Urie…Can’t be…Urie…All right,” She said finally.”I won’t tell your mom you were out until six, or the fact you are seeing Brendon. That’s why you’ve been sneaking out, right?”

“I only snuck out once.” I said defensively.

She raised an eyebrow. “Please. I’ve seen him around. A guy who looks like that? There is no way you two have gone public with this. People would have talked.” She paused. “You don’t want your mom to know you’re seeing him, do you? Well, I won’t tell. YOU will tell her, or I’ll say less then innocent things have happened between you two.”

“You can’t do that!” I said.

“Oh, believe me; I can make a very convincing argument.” She said dangerously.

“What have I ever done to you?” I asked getting up out of the chair.

“It’s not what you’ve done, Lilly.” She said leading me to the door. “It’s what you’re going to do FOR me.” And with that she shut the door in my face.