Status: Complete

Hidden Behind this Camera Lense

Show me something real

In a white room, surrounded by fake leaves and plastic pillars of stone huddled a happy family. A family of a father, who was obviously beating on his wife, a wife, would was too scared even to leave the house anymore. A teenage girl who wished she hadn't caught her boyfriend cheating last week and a tiny baby girl who was obliviously to it all as she played in the leaves.

One though who could see it all; read it all in their faces was the man who stood behind the camera.

"That's good. Just hold it there" There was a flash of a light box and the click of a camera shutter. Before the man let his camera drop from his face, and look properly at the family. "That's its people. There are loads of shots here, I'll put them up on the screen and you can choose the ones you want. The father, a hulking man got up from the floor, almost shoving his wife away from him, before following the photographer towards a flat screen TV. that hung on the wall. "So do you do families often Capperman?" The father turned to look at the man that had taken his families photos, his eyes sharp.

The photographer looked up from his computer, his bright white blue eyes boring into the man before shrugging his thin shoulders. "I do enough. Here" Flicking his shaggy brown hair out of his face the Photographer pointed to the screen which was just lighting up with the pictures from the shoot. The Father nodded his head."I like the, very nice." He said before he called the teenager to him with a gruff. "Jessica." The girl appeared at his side like a whipped dog. "What do you think?" Capperman noticed that she barely looked at the screen before nodding her head too. "Very nice, thank you mister Capperman." Capperman nodded a tight smile at the girl then waited as the mother came out to the front with the child in her arms. "Well, I'll get them printed for you and that will be it."

Twenty minutes later Keelan Capperman was alone in his studio.

He sighed, relaxing his tight shoulders before moving his neck in a circular motion making all the bone click and grind against one another. He was tense, as he always was when he did shoot like that, shoots that showed him the true nature of a family. He hated it. Getting to his feet Keelan stretched high, cracking out his long spine that made him a fantastic six foot four, before walking back to the set and his cameras that sat on a long low table against one wall. Bending Keelan started to tidy up the fallen fake leaves and too move the pillars back towards the far wall, but just as he pulled out the sack cloth bag that he kept the leaves in there was a sound of small bells from the front of the shop. It was another customer. Straightening again Keelan ran a hand though his long hair, making a mental note to get it cut soon, as he again, walked back to the front of the shop.

"Hello, I was hoping you could help me." Keelan stopped, his eyes fixed on the girl in front of him. She was short, well short for Keelan, with short brown hair and soft hazel eyes that looked much larger behind thick rimmed glasses.

"I'll try," Keelan stammered as he snapped out of his own little world and took a step nearer, offering her a chair... "What can I do for you?" The girl nervously took the seat, her hands wringing around each other as she spoke. "I was looking at getting some s-shots for a m-modeling agency." Keelan nodded, his eyes still fixed on her, where as she couldn't seem to only look at one thing. "What kind of pictures?" Keelan asked, his tone soft as his internal profiler started kicking in. Insecurities, most likely inflicted by an ex-boyfriend Again he shook his head, realizing that he hadn't heard her the first time she had spoken Keelan asked again. "I'm sorry what did you just say?"

The girl blushed a deep scarlet. "I was hoping some n-nude s-shots actually, I know it's not c-conventional, but that's that the agent wanted." Now it was Keelan's turn to blush. "No, that's fine, well, I just need you to answer me a few questions and we can get to it...." He blushed again, deeper this time as he lent to grab his note book. "Okay, so I'll need your name and your details...and something to prove you are over eighteen...”

Keelan clicked the shutter again and then straightened to crack his long neck, and sweep his still long hair out of his eyes, before crouching again to get the best spot of Nina's bare back. That was her name Nina, she had stepped into his studio weeks ago and now he was once again taking photos of her. It seemed to be her drug, Keelan snapping pictures of her. But then again it was Keelan's too. He longed to take pictures of her, of her creamy skin and her beautiful hair.

But he knew it wasn't going to last.

"Kee?" Nina slunk up behind him, the silk dressing gown thrown over her body as she came to stand right at his shoulder as he flicked through the new pictures. "I know Ni." The she nodded, leaning down and pecking him softly on the cheek. "Thank you for everything."

That was the last time Keelan saw Nina, she had gotten into the agency that she wanted, and now she was gone. And all he had left was the picture of her, a single shot of her looking over her shoulder towards the right, her hair just teasing her face and her eyes looking right back at Keelan. Who with all he had couldn't understand why someone could have taken his heart so easily.