Status: Updates will be very slow, but I'll try to get them out as quickly as I can.

The Chronicles of the Forgotten Potter

Chapter 11

Image

Kat and Draco had been going strong for 3 months. They were still the school’s “it” couple, but the buzz had died down quite a bit, much to Kat’s relief. The two seemed to be the ideal pair, always seeming to be adorable, and all over each other. It was very obvious that Malfoy was completely taken and enamored by her, following her around like an extremely cocky, yet adoring lost puppy. Their affection for each other was blatant and almost constant but like any other couple they had their fights. Actually, they fought frequently, almost as they had before the start of their relationship. There had been a few occasions where Kat had almost lost control during their arguments when he had particularly infuriated her about something, and there had been a few occasions where Kat would be close to tears after storming away from a rather nasty fight with him, finding solace in Hermione. Their smaller petty arguments would usually end in a heated make out session, which would often progress to more… scandalous results.

It seemed as if their arguments only fueled their relationship further. The sexual tension between the two of them was often overwhelming and rather obvious. It disturbed Harry, he still didn’t like Malfoy, and he knew that despite the sweetness that he put forward and usually reserved for his sister could never outweigh the dominantly arrogant side of his personality. Kat, as much as she liked Draco, she knew that this, being a lust-filled, extremely physical relationship, was not going to last. It was very obvious that Draco cared far more for her than she did him, and of course, she felt guilty. She was quite possibly the only person to see his softer, more human side. He was affectionate towards her and she was by far the longest relationship that he’d ever had, well, besides is on and off stints with Pansy Parkinson. She had a feeling he wouldn’t let her go easily if the time ever actually came for them to break up.

*********


“Johnson has the quaffle, passes to Potter, POTTER SCORES! 10 points to Gryffindor!” Lee Jordan bounced with excitement as he added to the total score for his house. It was a Slytherin vs. Gryffindor match and Gryffindor was just winning. The Slytherin house jeers directed towards Ron had been working excellently to destroy his confidence, causing him to miss a lot of the goals that he could have possibly saved. His housemates and teammates shouted words of confidence to him when they could. It had been a brutal game and neither Harry nor Draco had seen the snitch as of yet. Kat and the other chasers had worked hard to keep the quaffle in their possession. The twins had been hitting the bludgers as needed in the defense of their teammates as were the Slytherin beaters. Alicia and Katie had dodged them on several occasions. Crabbe and Goyle managed to steer clear of knocking any at Kat, for fear of what Draco would do if she had been hurt.

Noticing this, she used this knowledge to her advantage, managing to weave her way to the goal posts without much interference and lobbing the quaffle into the hoops. Slytherin had possession of the quaffle and were flying it down the pitch evading the members of the Gryffindor team. The chasers zoomed back towards their end of the pitch in an attempt to stop them. Angelina caught up with the Slytherin chaser in possession of the quaffle and rammed into their side. It was around this time that Harry first caught sight of the snitch that was flying quickly around the tallest Slytherin hoop. Without a second thought, he urged his broom forward, zooming towards the little golden ball. Malfoy took a moment to catch on to Harry’s movements but was soon in hot pursuit, craving victory. The Slytherin chaser passed off to one of her teammates who caught it and flew quickly towards the Gryffindor hoops. Ron swallowed nervously as he watch them make their way towards him. As the chaser lobbed the quaffle at the side hoop, Kat came out of nowhere snagging the ball in mid air and hurtled up over the awestruck Slytherin. He quickly recovered, frantically attempting to catch up to her as she bolted back to the other side of the quidditch pitch. The very loud rumble that had emanated from the Gryffindor section of the stadium and the other houses that supported them for the game when Harry had caught sight of the snitch, quickly erupted into a loud cheer as Kat wove her way to the Slytherin hoops.

Lee Jordan was shouting excitedly into the megaphone and Professor McGonagall didn’t even bother to stop him due to her own growing excitement. Dumbledore smiled as he peered at the Potter twins’ excellent display of skill from over his half-moon glasses. Two of the Slytherin chasers flew to Kat’s sides in an attempt to sandwich her and win the quaffle as Harry and Malfoy zoomed over the stands in pursuit of the snitch. Kat allowed them to get close enough, before bringing her feet up onto her broom. She crouched, the quaffle still in her grasp as her broom continued forward, waiting for the right moment. When the chasers were about a foot from her on each side, she sprung from her broom, managing to propel herself into the air lobbing the quaffle into the center hoop, sending her broom forward and the two Slytherins crashing into each other. She landed on her broom as the ball soared through the hoop just out of the Slytherin keeper’s reach, earning an enormous cheer from the crowd. “And Kat Potter with the goal of the year!” Lee shouted, nearly bouncing out of his seat with excitement, “Another ten points to Gryffindor!” Within seconds of his announcement, Harry caught the snitch after one of the typical risky (“Potter”) dives that the twins had perfected. “Harry Potter’s caught the snitch! 150 points to Gryffindor for the win!” The crowd exploded in an overwhelming cheer of excitement as the Slytherin section and supporters voiced their disapproval.

The teams all made their way down to the grass, to make their ways to their prospective locker rooms. “Oi, Weasley,” Malfoy shouted to George, and then everything went completely out of control. Insults flew back and forth between Draco and George specifically focused on the Weasley family. Of course Harry had to step in to try and get George away from the impending potential fight that was looming over their heads. Then Draco, being the pompous git that he was, decided to insult the Potter twins’ parents. To say that Kat was livid would be a complete understatement. Both Harry and Fred, who had managed to restrain George up until now, failed to hold him any longer, allowing him to punch Malfoy in the face. Harry followed suit, until Kat stepped in. “Enough!” she shouted, managing to push the boys apart. “Harry, George, go stand over there, just walk away and calm down!” she seethed at them, annoyed that they let Malfoy’s insults get to them. They opened their mouths to protest but chose otherwise when they saw the look on her face. She was beyond furious and they knew it was in their best interests to stay clear.

“And you!” she shouted, rounding on her boyfriend, “What in the bloody hell is your problem?” If the scuffle hadn’t drawn the attention of the spectators and the staff before, then the fight between the Slytherin Prince and Gryffindor Princess most certainly had. “You can’t just lose a match in a sportsman like manner, can you? No, it’s physically impossible! You have to go and egg on my friends and my brother and insult their families. You do realize, Draco, that when you insult my brother’s parents, you are insulting me as well, or do you forget that they’re my parents too? Huh?” He looked dumbly at his girlfriend, unsure of what to say. “It’s over Draco, we’re through!” It was at this time in particular that Umbridge interfered and had ordered the five of them to her office immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone, thanks for bearing with me! Unfortunately I'll be going away for about a week with no internet connection, so I won't be able to post. However, I do plan on cranking out several more chapters while I'm away. I've revised chapters 1-3 so far and I'll hopefully have revised the rest by the time I can start posting again. Thank you to The Only Inkheart and nayrreerg for your awesome comments, they are much appreciated and I'm so thankful for your incredible feedback! Thanks everyone! Until next time!