Status: Updates will be very slow, but I'll try to get them out as quickly as I can.

The Chronicles of the Forgotten Potter

Chapter 3

Image


There was a big celebration for Harry’s triumph at his trial, the dark mood that had plagued the house was lifted, if only for the evening, bringing a little light into their lives in resistance to the darkness that was beginning to creep into the world since the rebirth of the dark lord. Kat was happy to see her brother smiling again seeing as he had been so glum the past few days at Grimmauld Place. It was nice to see him smile again.

She felt a pair of arms snake around her. “Hello George,” she said softly. “Hey,” he replied as he held her close, nuzzling his nose into her hair and inhaling deeply. He towered over her at least a full head taller than she was seeing as she was the same height as her brother. She turned around in his embrace, looking up into his eyes with a faint smile, placing her arms lightly around his neck.

George looked at the beautiful girl in his arms. Her fair skin seemed to give off a small glow, her perfect pink lips formed into a small smile. He held her slim figure tenderly as his hand moved through her silky black hair as he stared into her dazzling green eyes. He began to feel his infatuation for her heat up and ignite into full out lust that snatched logic and control from his conscious mind and allowed himself to give in to primal instinct. He leaned in, kissing her hungrily, which she returned somewhat eagerly. The kiss soon progressed to a full out snog as they backed into the living room, the door closing and locking behind them. Her hands tangled in his hair as his eagerly roamed her body while he guided her towards the couch where they sat down without breaking apart. Lust burned within each kiss as he slowly lowered her onto her back, his hands moving across the bare skin under her shirt, her hands still entangled in his short red hair.

He withdrew one of his hands, quickly beginning to unbutton her blouse; his lips began to trail down her jaw and neck before he was stopped by the sound of her voice, “George, I-.” He looked at her, puzzled as to why she had stopped so suddenly, “Darling, what’s wrong?” She sat up, an unreadable expression appearing on her pretty face, “I- I can’t.” She quickly stood up and with a wave of her wand her hair tidied itself, her blouse buttoned itself up, and her clothing straightened itself out before she quickly stole from the room leaving a sad and relatively confused George.

He watched her go. This wasn’t the first time that she’d done this in the past few weeks, leaving him high and dry, so to speak. It wasn’t like they hadn’t had sex before, but recently she had been stopping before they went to far and leaving in some kind of tizzy. He was lucky to have her, hell, anyone was lucky to have her. She was intelligent, a strong personality, and yes, she was gorgeous. He knew many other guys who would kill to be in his position, yet she was his. Out of all of the other potentials, Katherine Potter chose him. But now, he began to question if she even wanted him anymore. He did care about her, he wasn’t sure if it was love, but he truly cared about her and he wanted to know where they stood. Their relationship had always been shaky, especially considering the fact that they had been on and off over the last 2 years. He let out an exasperated sigh as he sunk down further on the couch beneath him.

*********


The next few days passed by slowly. Kat and George were appearing to be constantly on edge around each other. Their fights were more frequent. Harry, Hermione, the Weasleys, and those that they were close with were well too aware of their quarrels and figured it best not to interfere. They were both extremely stubborn and often disagreed on the pettiest of things. George was frustrated with the rapid deterioration of their relationship and Kat was still bent out of shape from the incident at the party. Conflicting thoughts and emotions raged through her mind. Yes, she cared for George, but was it love? No, it couldn’t be, why else would she have left the room on so many nights? It just didn’t feel right, nothing about their relationship seemed to feel right anymore. Her thoughts wandered over the next week and continued into their last week before they had to head off to school.

Hermione and Ron received their prefect badges and they had all gotten their supplies from Diagon Alley. Harry had been in a pissy mood even after the trial and Kat’s dreams had been getting slightly worse. Almost every night she woke up drenched in sweat and breathing heavily. Hermione and Ginny were worried about their friend but they didn’t press the matter, knowing that she would only push it away as nothing.

*********


The Hogwarts Express was once again filled with students and in a particular compartment towards the back sat Harry and Katherine. Ron and Hermione had gone to the prefects’ meeting. A girl named Luna Lovegood, who was in Ginny’s year, was also seated with them but was currently engrossed in a copy of the Quibbler. Her long blonde hair was held back in a low ponytail. Kat was reading a rather large book and Harry was staring out the window. He turned, about to ask his sister something when the compartment door slid open. The twins looked up to see Neville Longbottom with a rather odd looking plant. Kat smiled at her long-time best friend.

Flashback

A 9 year-old Katherine Potter woke up with a start from her dream. Her skin was damp with sweat, her shoulder-length, jet-black hair clung to her pale skin. Her tiny body shook as her piercing green eyes flashed with fear as she tried to forget her most recent nightmare. Once she collected herself, she took in her surroundings. She recognized the familiar soundproofed room in St. Mungo’s.

She closed her eyes, trying to remember how she had gotten there… she was walking towards the door, leaving Dumbledore’s office when she stumbled a bit, grabbing onto the doorknob for support. She heard a shout then nothing.

She gingerly eased herself off of the bed. Her head spun a bit and she grabbed onto the bed for support until her mind cleared then slowly began making her way to the door. She was hit with a wave of dizziness as she opened the door, causing her to stumble out into the hallway and into a boy, causing the two of them to fall over. “I’m so sorry, are you alright?” she asked as she struggled to get off of him. “I’m fine, thanks,” he replied shyly as he helped her up, keeping her steady. He was about her age, his short brown hair and soft hazel eyes gave off a shy feeling that Kat sensed and liked. “I’m Katherine by the way,” she said as he helped her back into her room. He smiled shyly at her as he helped her into bed, “I’m Neville, Neville Longbottom.”

End Flashback

The two had been very close friends ever since. “Can I sit here? All of the others are taken,” he asked. “Sure Neville,” said Harry. Kat grinned at him as he sat in the available seat next to Luna. “Say, Neville, what exactly is that?” Harry asked, nodding to the odd plant in Neville’s lap. “Mimbulus Mimbletonia,” he replied proudly. Luna looked up from her copy of the Quibbler, now intrigued by the conversation. Neville began rambling on about the specimen he held.

“I’m going to go change into my uniform, I’ll be back in a bit,” Kat said to no one in particular, standing up and grabbing her uniform from her bag and left the compartment quietly so as not to disturb their conversation. They last think she wanted was to clean off the stink sap if Neville wanted to show off its defense mechanism. 10 minutes later she exited the bathroom and started to make her way back to the compartment. She hadn’t seen George since they boarded the train. Neither of them had made up since their last fight and she knew that the end was near. The arguments were straining their already fragile relationship and she really didn’t’ know how much more she could take.

She was brought quickly from her thoughts by an all too familiar cool voice, “Hello love.” She froze, cursing her luck. Quickly regaining her composure, she turned sharply to face the icy, blue gaze of Draco Malfoy. “What do you want Malfoy?” she spat venomously. “My, my, still feisty are we? I like it when you get like this; I think it’s sexy. It’s just another reason to love you,” he replied, eying her greedily. He couldn’t help but look at her, even in her school uniform he could tell that she had changed over the summer, everything about her seemed even more appealing to him. “Lust and infatuation have nothing to do with love, Malfoy,” she hissed in disgust, her eyes flashing angrily. He smirked the oh-so-famous Malfoy smirk before she quickly turned on her heel and walked brusquely back to her compartment attempting to ignore the feeling of his eyes following her as she left.

Kat had calmed down as she arrived back at the compartment. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door finding Harry, Neville, and Luna almost as she had left them now dressed in their uniforms. “Hope you lot didn’t miss me too much,” she said with a grin as she sat next to her brother. “Oh, really? I didn’t even realize you’d gone,” Harry replied cheekily. Neville grinned goofily at her as she playfully shoved her brother. The faint odor of stink sap tickled her nostrils causing her to chuckle to herself. Harry glared playfully at his sister, knowing exactly what I was thinking.

We soon got into a discussion about the upcoming school ear and the dreaded O.W.L.s that would be given this year. Hermione and Ron eventually joined them, already dressed in their uniforms, their prefect badges now attached near the Gryffindor coat of arms on their robes. Hermione sat next to Kat and Ron sat in between Neville and Luna, the conversation quickly switching to the prefect meeting, informing them that Malfoy had also been made a prefect much to everyone’s displeasure. The conversation soon changed again going back to talk of classes and such, eventually drifting to quidditch, which Kat, Harry, and Ron talked about excitedly. They all noticed that the train began to slow down. Kat looked out the window, a smile forming on her lips. They were home.