Status: Updates will be very slow, but I'll try to get them out as quickly as I can.

The Chronicles of the Forgotten Potter

Chapter 8

Image

The roar of the crowd was near deafening as Kat scored 10 points for Gryffindor. She zoomed off with a grin, readying herself for the quaffle to make it’s way back up the pitch. Harry stayed at a safe distance above the stadium, applauding for his sister while keeping an eye out for the tiny golden ball that was flying about somewhere in the game. A nervous Ron hovered tensely in front of the hoops. The score was 40-10 Gryffindor. Kat and the other chasers managed to keep a lot of pressure off of Ron. He had surprised himself by saving most of the few shots on the Gryffindor hoops. Fred and George had been protecting Kat and the other chasers, doing the best that they could, deflecting as many bludgers as they could away from their teammates.

The Ravenclaw Team managed to make their way about three quarters of the way down the pitch before Angelina intercepted the quaffle. She quickly passed it to Katie Bell who made it to the Ravenclaw side before passing to Kat. After a short bit of weaving her way past the players, she saw the opportunity and lobbed the quaffle into the center hoop. The keeper didn’t stand a chance as it whizzed past them, earning another 10 points for Gryffindor. The crowd erupted into cheers and chants of “Gryffindor! Kat Potter!” from the Gryffindor section and boos from the Slytherin and Ravenclaw sections as Kat high fived Katie and Angelina when they repositioned themselves. No one noticed that Malfoy uttered no snide comments whenever she scored. He eyed her hungrily as he always did, but there was something else in his gaze, something he couldn’t place.

The match continued on, neither Harry nor Cho had spotted the snitch. Ravenclaw managed to score a few more times paving the way for the discouraging chant of “Weasley is our king” from the Slytherins. Ron’s confidence began to diminish but remained somewhat intact from the countering shouts of encouragement from his teammates and his house.

The Gryffindor team managed to score seven more times four of which were by Kat before Harry finally spotted the snitch. He instantly sped off after it, Cho following suit as they trailed it around the stadium. He went into a dive, hand outstretched, poised to catch the tiny golden blur ahead. Cho followed but soon pulled out, not having the skill or the guts to pursue Harry and the snitch.

Around the same time that Harry had begun chasing the snitch Kat had regained possession of the quaffle. She spiraled into a dive to avoid both a bludger and an incoming chaser and began plummeting to the ground full speed. She abruptly pulled out of it and sharply veered up and too the left in a seemingly effortless manner. As Harry’s hand closed around the snitch, Kat had lobbed the quaffle through the left hoop. “Kat Potter with another 10 points for Gryffindor and Harry Potter’s caught the snitch!” boomed the extremely exited voice of Lee Jordon over the rumble of the equally excited crowd, “Gryffindor wins! Final score 280-100.” The Gryffindor section went wild and the rain that had been threatening to pour began to fall.

**********


There was a party in the Gryffindor common room that evening. Fred and George had managed to smuggle in kegs of butterbeer and a couple bottles of firewhiskey for the older students. Kat drank a few shots of it, as had many of the others, although some had more than others. Even Hermione downed a shot, much to everyone’s surprise.

Kat managed to slip out through the portrait hole when she got the chance, no one noticing her leave. Normally she would feel nervous excitement on nights like these, but thankfully the firewhiskey had taken off the edge. She expertly maneuvered her way through the castle, noiselessly making her way down the network of corridors.

**********


She stood by the window, staring blankly at the rain as it beat against the glass. A pair of strong arms suddenly wrapped around her waist, warm lips pressed lightly, yet hungrily to her neck. “I’ve been looking for you, murmured the boy, who kissed her shoulder, sending shivers down her spine. “Hello Draco,” she replied softly shivering in pleasure as his hands began to roam lower, letting out a soft moan when his lips found the weak spot on her neck. She felt him smirk against her skin before he began to nibble at it, causing her to push herself against his firm body. “Draco,” she gasped, managing to free herself from his heavenly embrace before they got any further, his hand had been fiddling with the button of her jeans.

She turned to face him, her vivid green eyes connecting with his icy blue gaze. No words needed to be said as he grabbed her hand and rushed off to the nearest broom cupboard. The unlikely pair had been sneaking around since a few days after she and George had split up. It had started when he cornered her in a hallway and started up yet another heated argument, which somehow ended in a full out, heated snog. Since that encounter, they had chosen to be something along the lines of friends with benefits. She felt guilty about the fact that neither her best friends, nor her brother knew about it. But currently, this guilt was not foremost in her thoughts as they entered the cupboard.

As soon as the door locked behind them, he pushed her up against the wall, his lips instantly attached to hers in frenzied, lustful kisses. Her hands tangling themselves in his hair as his began to roam her body, wasting no time in unbuttoning her plaid flannel shirt. He slipped off her shirt, never once removing his lips from hers, his hands soon returning to her waste and instantly proceeding to explore her now bare upper body, her bra was discarded soon afterward, allowing his hands freedom to roam. She slid her hands from his silky blonde locks and ran them up and down his chest before starting to quickly unbutton his typical black button down.

In no time, they had rid themselves of their clothing. Kat, who had been running her hands over his muscular torso, felt her hands being pinned against the wall beside her head as he began to work his way down her jaw line and down her neck kissing and nipping as he went. He teased her, for a while longer until he finally gave her what she wanted, what they both wanted. He lifted her enough, using the wall for support and pushed into her, beginning their usual night of ecstasy.

**********


Two hours later, Draco and Kat emerged, walking back to the window where he had found her earlier. He wrapped his arms around her as she turned to face him, drawing her in for a kiss. “I’m tired of all of this sneaking around, love,” he said softly, rubbing her back, delicately. “So am I. I hate the secrecy and I hate lying to everyone about where I’ve been disappearing to,” she murmured, nodding her head in agreement. “I’m glad you think that,” he started, almost nervously (if anyone had been observing his reactions and tone of voice they would think that Malfoy was completely out of character), “Kat, I’ve been thinking about us. Will you be my girlfriend? It would solve this current dilemma of fooling around in secret and it would also solve the problem of where we stand in terms of this relationship.” And like that the nerves that had managed to seep into his voice vanished without a trace and the calm, cool, and collected Draco Malfoy had returned, treating the question almost like a business proposition.

Her eyes widened in shock as she processed the words that had come out of her lover’s mouth. “Yes, I will,” she replied after a moment to regain her composure, earning a smile from Draco, not his signature smirk, but a genuine smile. The kissed softly one last time before departing to their common rooms, thus beginning the relatively long and rather complicated relationship between the Slytherin Prince and the Gryffindor Princess.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm editing the first 6 or 7 chapters and I'm coming up with new chapters, so I will get the edited versions and new chapters asap!