Status: Updates will be very slow, but I'll try to get them out as quickly as I can.

The Chronicles of the Forgotten Potter

Chapter 9

Image

Kat was anxiously awaiting the end of History of Magic. It was her last class of the day and like everyone else, she wanted the day to end, but this particular reason was only a small fraction of why she was truly nervous. She was going to tell her brother about her relationship with Draco. She was dreading his reaction, knowing he wouldn’t take the news well. But she also knew his reaction would be far worse if he found out elsewhere, for example the relentless school gossip that spread like wild fire. Her knee bounced in her nervous anticipation of the end of class. The bell rang and everyone sprang up from his or her seats, gathering their books up as quickly as possible, and darted out the door. Kat was one of the first out the classroom, tearing her way down the hall, hoping to catch Harry in the Common Room before everyone else would flood the room doing Merlin-knows-what.

She was in luck, walking in to find Harry, Ron, and Hermione sitting in their usual spots by the fireplace chatting away. She gulped, taking a deep breath before slowly making her way to sit down in one of the armchairs. Each step felt incredibly heavy as she made her way over, and with each step the guilt of dampening their light mood(s) became greater. “Hey Kat,” Harry greeted her with a smile. “Hey,” she replied, acknowledging her brother and two friends. Ron gave her a smile and a nod and Hermione gave her a somewhat reassuring smile. “How was History of Magic?” her brother asked with mock enthusiasm. “Oh it was fantastic!” she stated sarcastically, ”Binns gave another one of his riveting speeches. I learned loads!” The four chuckled at that, none enjoying that class.

Hermione cleared her throat while staring at Kat, urging her to tell Harry the truth. “Harry, I need to tell you something…” she began, uneasiness clear in her voice. “What is it?” he asked, his smile fading as he noticed Kat was biting her lip and dropping her gaze slightly, both telltale signs that something was wrong. “Please don’t be mad with me,” she continued, stopping again. “I won’t be mad at you,” he said softly, attempting to keep calm, “What’s wrong Kat?” She took a deep breath, “Malfoy asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes.”

Ron’s jaw had clearly dropped, Hermione looked unsure, and Harry was clearly in shock. “You… you said yes…” he managed to stutter out. She nodded, figuring it was safe not to say anything. “You,” said Ron in an equally shocked voice, “you and Malfoy?” She nodded once more. “You’re really his girlfriend?” he asked again, unable to process this new information. “I think that she made that very clear Ronald,” Hermione scolded, shooting her friend an apologetic look. “So let me get this straight,” Harry finally spoke up,” Malfoy asked you to be his girlfriend and you said yes?” Kat rolled her eyes, “Yes!” “Kat, of all people!” Harry blurted out, clearly getting aggravated, “You hate him, all he does is hit on you and every bloody time you’d turn him down! What in bloody hell possessed you to agree to be his girlfriend?”
Kat just rolled her eyes again, “Oh, come off it Harry!”

His temper flared as he nearly jumped out of his seat when he stood, “He’s a total git! All he does is insult us, insult our friends, everyone you care about Kat!” he shouted. “ Yes. I know! I know what he does Harry! Do not patronize me!” Kat rose from her seat fuming, things around them in the room began to tremble, her control slipping slightly. Hermione and Ron looked at the twins uneasily, both thankful no one had entered the Common Room for fear someone might see and Kat’s careful attempt at keeping her ability a secret would be destroyed. “It’s my life Harry not yours. He’s different with me, sweet even. Yes, he can be a total prick, but he shows me a gentler side. I’m not going to break up with him just because you don’t like him,” she continued, her voice strong, just below shouting, “I don’t like Cho at all, but do I tell you to stop pursuing her? No, I say nothing because I’m not one to get in the way of whom you fancy. So back off!”

With that she stormed out of the room and up to the girl’s dormitories, leaving a speechless Harry, a slightly afraid Ron, and a worried Hermione. “Well done Harry,” she scolded as she stood from her seat on the couch and sped off after her friend to calm her down. “I… I just can’t believe she said yes to that git,” mumbled Ron, earning a scoff and nod of agreement from Harry. “But Hermione’s right mate,” Ron stated, remaining in his seat, “You didn’t really handle that well at all.” “Thanks Ron, that makes me feel loads better,” he retorted sarcastically, plopping down into the armchair that is his sister had occupied minutes before.

**********


Kat lay in Draco’s arms, her head resting on his bare chest. Their nude bodies covered by his silk bed sheets. He held her loosely with one arm as he continued to sleep. She was awake listening to his steady heartbeat and feeling his deep, steady breaths as his chest moved up and down. She looked up, studying his handsome and strong features that were graced by a serene expression that made him look almost innocent, perhaps even angelic. She smiled to herself, reveling in this rare moment with her boyfriend. Several minutes passed and he began to stir, yawning as he woke. He looked down at his girlfriend sleepily, taking her hand in his free one. “Morning, darling,” she said softly. “Morning,” he replied kissing the top of her head. “Last night was fantastic love,” he said with a smile. “It was,” she replied somewhat dreamily, not finding a need to further elaborate on her feelings about Draco’s godliness in bed. He knew what she thought of his skills in the bedroom and it always brought a satisfied smirk to his lips. “You never fail to impress me Katherine,” he said softly, gently grabbing her chin and pulling her lips to his.

Kat loved when he was like this. She got to see the side of Draco that he hid so well from the rest of the world, the tender, sweet side that only she had the permission to see. He ran a hand gently down her side, sending chills down her spine. He loved that he had this kind of effect on her, getting her to quiver at his touch. His hand continued to roam up and down her side before brushing it over her chest. Kat knew he loved to get her all worked up and to be honest, he had a ridiculously massive effect on her. Oh, if he only could comprehend what he did to her. In one quick movement, he had flipped her onto her back, throwing the sheets off, and straddling her. “Why don’t we have a full demonstration of what we did last night?” he asked suggestively. And like that the sweet Draco vanished and was replaced with the Slytherin Prince (persona). Kat sighed in pleasure as he trailed kisses down her jaw and neck, already feeling very aroused by her boyfriend’s encouraging actions. It was Saturday and Draco didn’t plan on allowing her to leave his room for at least another few hours.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I accidentally posted the 10th chapter before the 9th chapter, hopefully this'll make more sense now!
Thanks to xxBlueInksNeverDiexx for the lovely comment! ^_^ It means a lot and I really appreciate the compliment and the feedback!