Status: BACK IN ACTION BABY!

I'm Never Letting Go

I'm Turned On By The Tabloids

My mouth dropped as Alex opened the large oak door and we walked into the completely furnished house. Once again, he had made me completely speechless – well, really, was there ever a way for him to stop? I shook my head to tell myself ‘no’.

“Well, what do you think? Me and the guys have been working on it for awhile now… ever since we’ve been off tour,” Off tour? They only just got off tour two weeks ago and this place looked completely gorgeous. The wood floors were polished and the couches on either side of a huge black rug; all looked marvelous in front of a gated fireplace and this was just what I could see from the front hall. “Becca? It’s okay, if you don’t like it – I’m sure someone will buy it…”

“Alex, you’re right – I don’t like it,” I looked over to see his face fall a little move than it already had, “I love it.”

His face lit up and he smiled at me as he grabbed my face and kissed me, “Want to see the rest of the house?”

I nodded my head and took his hand as he led me on a tour of our new home.

[>>>]

“And this is the baby’s room,” He pushed open a white door that had no handle on it. “We didn’t do anything to it, yet. I figured you would want to do all the painting and decorating, yourself or just you and me.”

It was true, it was a large room, and the only things in it were the bags of clothes we had bought and the crib, car seat, and boxes of formula. I knew what I was having, and Alex knew too. I didn’t think it was important to tell anyone else yet, anyways; not even Jake.

“Alex, thank you so much, it’s beautiful; the whole house is beautiful – but I have a good memory you said this was one of the things you wanted to show me. What’s the other?”

“Well, you’re going to hate me when I tell you this but; we have to get in the car again,” He said and headed for the stairs. I groaned – car rides were absolutely horrible. Every single bump felt like a contraction, and I was seriously pregnant. We are talking seven months here!

I groaned loudly and stomped down the stairs childishly after Alex. When I met him at the bottom; he had a blindfold in his hands.

“Here, you have to wear this or it will just kill the next surprised,” He turned me around and tied the blindfold over my eyes.

“And is that some kind of pun?” I laughed as Alex led me back to the chair and into my seat.

“Oh, of course it is!” He laughed along with me as he closed my door and got in his own.

[>>>]

Not half an hour later, the car stopped again and I listened closely as Alex got out and then opened my door.

“I really wish there was some way I could close off your ears – it would make the surprise even better,” He sounded disappointed and he led me forward. I awed at him as a sudden gust of air-conditioning blew past me.

I instantly heard the sound of a reception and a woman saying, “Hello-“

Alex quickly covered my ears. Gah, he wants to be so secretive. We walked on a ways and up a flight up stairs until we stopped and Alex took a big breath.

“Okay, now, you are going to completely love me once you take this blindfold off,” I began to ask why – but then Alex took the blindfold off of me and I gasped. We were inside Alternative Press, or to be more specific, directly outside the Editor In Chief’s office. I could have fainted… but I had learned to control that after the first week of being ‘Alex Gaskarth’s Girlfriend’.

“Alex, explain?”

“Well… I could; or you could just go talk to Mr. Pettigrew and he can explain everything,” Alex knocked on the door and a tall, good looking man around the age of thirty-five answered.

“Alex! And this must be Becca?” Finally someone not calling me just the girlfriend, I can tell I’m going to like this man.

I smiled at the man who I already knew to be Jason Pettigrew and stuck at my hand, “Yes, I’m Becca Robinson.”

Jason shook my hand firmly, “Well come in, we have a lot to talk about.”

I raised my eyebrows up at Alex as we both followed Jason into his office. I had just a slight hint about what was going on, and oh god, did I like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3
RR