Sequel: Just a Dream
Status: Complete

Dreaming of You

Realization

"Whoops, sorry dude." A voice said. Matt looked up and seen a guy about his own age looking down at him. He squinted against the Californian sun, trying to see his face.

"It's fine." Matt said, standing up and brushing dirt off his jeans. Now that he was standing and the sun wasn't in his eyes, he seen who he had ran into. His heart accelerated when he realized it was Ryan, Alexis's older brother.

"Matt, Matt Sanders." Ryan said. Matt just nodded. "It's me Ryan Anderson." Ryan continued.

"Yeah I know. It's been a long time. What have you been up to?" Matt asked. Ryan just shook his head.

"Nothing at all." He said, looking away toward the playing kids.

"I know Lexie's awake." Matt said, forgetting Zack was there and didn't know who this guy was. Ryan looked Matt in the eyes, hurt, confusion and anger in his gaze. "I seen her. She changed."

"Yeah, she changed alright." Ryan said darkly. "Smoking, drinking, having sex with any guy that comes her way."

"What?" Matt asked. "I knew things was bad for her, but damn."

"Oh yeah. Did she tell you I won't talk to her?" Ryan asked. When Matt nodded he continued. "Did she tell you why?"

"She said because you found her smoking." Matt replied. Then he remembered Zack. "Oh by the way, Ryan, this is Zack Baker, Zack, Ryan Anderson." The two men shook hands and Ryan sighed.

"I found her in bed with Jackson Hollidae." he said.

"Jackson Hollidae?" Matt said, the name sounding familiar. That's when it hit him. "No way, Not Jacky-Jack." Ryan nodded gravely.

"Yes, Jack." he said. "Our parents died and they named me executor of their wills." Matt, who was staring at the ground, snapped his head up.

"Gina and Randy died? When?" he asked.

"About 2 weeks ago." Ryan said. "You didn't hear?"

"No, Alexis never said anything to me and I've been on the road. I'm only back here today because we have a show tonight."

"A show?" Ryan asked. Matt just nodded. He didn't want to get into the details.

"Yeah, and speaking of which, we have to get going so we won't be late." Matt said. "It was good seeing you man." Ryan quickly pulled out a card and handed it to Matt.

"You ever need anything man, anything, just give me a call." Ryan said. Matt nodded and he and Zack left. After staring at it for a few minutes, Matt stuck the card into his back pocket and walked a little faster. They reached the hotel to find Brian, Jimmy and Johnny waiting on them.

"You guys okay?" Brian asked. They both nodded. The others started heading to the bus while Matt kept Zack back a little bit.

"Don't tell them?" Matt said. Zack nodded and slapped Matt on the back. Matt smiled and walked onto the bus. They arrived at the arena two hours before the show was to start. They noticed everything for the first band was set up. All they was doing was waiting for show time. When the band found the room labeled "A7X" they quickly changed into their concert attire. Matt warmed up his voice while Johnny, Brian and Zack tuned their guitars.

"You guys ready?" Jimmy asked. Everyone nodded and got ready to go.

"Hello Huntington Beach!" Matt screamed into his microphone. "Damn it's so great to be home!" Matt looked at the faces in the crowd, and stopped dead at one. Alexis. She wasn't looking at him, but at their manager who was giving out backstage passes. The manager put one around her neck, and gave her a peck on the cheek. Anger boiled through Matt as he watched them flirt.

"Matt, lets go man!" Brian shouted over the crowd. Matt took his gaze from the two and introduced their first song, Unholy Confessions.

"Thank you!" Matt shouted at the end of their set. He quickly walked offstage, wanting to leave as soon as possible. He's call a cab if it's what it took.

"Matt, what's your problem?" Jimmy asked as he watched Matt quickly gather his things.

"I'm going to the hotel." Matt replied.

"That wouldn't have anything to do with me now would it?" a female voice asked behind him. Matt looked around and seen Alexis standing in the doorway. Her arms were crossed, the band's manager, Larry, was standing beside her, his hand on her waist.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh, confrontation? maybeee!!!!