Status: Finished

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Thirty-Three

Nathan scooped me in his arms and picked me up from the floor. At this level I was able to look at him straight in the eyes. I wanted to kiss him so much but I controlled my urge. He sets me down and I straighten up until my back hit the backboard. Since the door was already opened my family walked inside and they all stopped when they saw Nathan.

“Evening.” Nathan said with a sweet smile.

“Nathan, how lovely to see you.” My mom spoke first and walked to Nathan and greeted him. Others followed her and did the same. My father was a bit hesitant. He knew better than anyone what I went through when I thought Nathan was in a coma.

He paid for the rehab and the therapy sessions. Nathan and my dad shook hands and everyone felt the tension.

“What are you cooking tonight, mom?” I broke the silence that filled the room.

My mom smiled widely. “I am making sopes and since I’m making them from scratch I should get started now. Mi amor, why don’t we go and leave the couple?” My mom winked.

I only smiled. I wasn’t sure if Nathan and I were a couple. He still seemed mad at me. Everyone left and Linda and Maya gave me encouraging smiles. They closed the door. I was starting to hate this room.

“They don’t know about our break up.” Nathan concluded.

I blushed. “No, but I’ll tell them soon. I promise.”

Nathan closed his eyes and then turned back to me with his eyes opened. He was hurt.

“I have to take care of some things.” He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

He walked out of my room and as corny as it is he took my heart with him. God, why couldn’t life be like in movies where we would kiss and make up? Why couldn’t it be that simple? Because life wasn’t simple.

Yeah, it sucks.

Maya and Linda walked in shortly after Nathan. They hugged me without saying a word. I hugged them back, suddenly I was thankful and grateful to have such great friends, though I wished Rodrigo was here with me. This was the time where he would crack a joke or would tell me everything was going to work out. I cried and not just because of how messed up my life was but because no one would ever understand what I was going through.

I told Maya and Linda what happened with Peter and they went all Mexican and started yelling about how they were going to track him down and shank his ass. I laughed and told them that I think someone else was going to take care of it.

http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=12605101

[Nathan’s Point of View]

Two hours after I left Melinda’s place I was waiting in a dark alley for the man to come. I had the envelop in my hands. I wasn’t going to let it go.

A car pulled up and the tinted window went down to reveal your usual mob. He was bald and his name was Lucky because he had a birth mark on his face that looked like a clover.

I handed over the envelop with the money and another envelop with Peter’s information like his address and a picture.

Lucky counted the money and smirked.

“Dead or alive?”

“Alive… barely.” I gritted my teeth thinking of what he did to Melinda.

Lucky smirked. “I’ll let you know when I have him.”

“No stabbing, just a beat down and then call me.” I was getting in touch with my dark side and it was hard to come back but I would do anything for Melinda.

The panic in her voice when she first called me set chills to the very core of my soul and when I found her on the floor, it was even worse. She looked so helpless and the Melinda I knew wasn’t. I knew she put up a fight because her knuckles were and as she said she kicked him in the face but Peter will always be stronger.

“All right, there’s no fun in that but you’re the boss.”

[Melinda’s Point of View]

I was finally able to get out of that room when it was time for dinner. Once again it was fun to have them over. I was so used to eating alone that I forgot what it was like to be with them. My mom started talking about decorating my place and their place across the hallway. It was almost exciting to talk about it.

Once dinner was over we actually played board games. Monopoly, scrabble and scene it. It was safe to say that the twins and I won. After that we talked about old times. They brought up embarrassing moments and so did I.

“God, remember when Melinda was a major N’Sync fan?” Linda said.

I groaned and hid my face with my hands.

“Baby, bye, bye!” Jeff and Brian sang together.

“Shut up!” I muttered at them.

“C’mon, we’re just playing.” Jeff smirked.

“Well how about the time when you were obsessed with Britney Spears and you sang ‘Oops I did it again’ in front of a mirror and Rodrigo and I walked in to see that little show?” I smirked.

Jeff blushed. “You guys didn’t knock.”

“Ha!” Brian pointed to Jeff.

“You, Brian, was dancing to Cher’s ‘Believe’ with a brush in your hands and with a wig on.”

Everyone laughed. Brian blushed.

“Rodrigo made sure I never lived that down.” He chuckled.

“I want a replay.” Maya said with her puppy eyes.

“No, you don’t.” I laughed.

“C’mon.” Everyone else said.

“Well, we can see this is young people fun.” My dad said getting up with my mom and they left the apartment.

Yay, we could be ourselves.

“Okay! Okay!” Brian said. “Do you have any wigs?” Brian asked me and I laughed.

“Why would I have wigs?”

Brian shrugged.

“I’ll see what I can find.” Brian jolted out of the living room and went through my apartment to look for stuff.

“This is going to be hilarious.” Jeff said putting an arm around Linda.

“Am I going to need underwear?” Victor asked.

I chuckled. “Heck yeah, I almost peed myself when Rodrigo and I caught him.”

Ten minutes later Brian walked back in one of my dressed it was one that stretched but it was still tight on him. He found a wig, I think I had it in the back of the closet in my old stuff. He had my brush in his hands.

Everyone laughed. I laughed until my stomach hurt.

“Well? Where’s my music?” Brian asked in a high pitch voice.

I limped my way over to my I-Stereo and put it my I-Pod, yes I had Cher in my I-Pod. I scrolled it until it was in the song and pressed play. The beat started and Brian started dancing, at least he tried. He couldn’t really move in that dress.

“No matter how hard I try
You keep pushing me aside
And I can't break through
There's no talking to you
So sad that you're leaving
Takes time to believe it
But after all is said and done
You're going to be the lonely one, Ohh Oh

Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough, now
Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough, now.”

Brian took Maya and Maya started dancing with him. God it was so funny.

“What am I supposed to do
Sit around and wait for you
And I can't do that
There's no turning back

I need time to move on
I need love to feel strong
'Cause I've had time to think it through
And maybe I'm too good for you, Ohh Oh

Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough, now
Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough, now

But I know that I'll get through this
'Cause I know that I am strong
I don't need you anymore
Oh I don't need you anymore
I don't need you anymore
No I don't need you anymore

Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough, now
Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough, now

Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough, now
Do you believe in life after love
I can feel something inside me say
I really don't think you're strong enough, now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
banner