Status: Finished

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Thirty-Five

[Nathan’s Point of View]

My knuckles were screaming bloody murder but my rage blinded my pain. My knuckles made contact another time with Peter’s cheek.

Peter spat blood as I took two steps back and looked at the damage I caused him. His left eye was swollen shut and his lip was bust open. Yet, he still chuckles.

“What you don’t realize is that Melinda and I were meant for each other.” Peter said through his swollen lips.

“Last time I checked she wakes up next to me and not you.” I growled at him.

“What do you know? How about when you’re not there, mate?” Peter tried to toy with my mind but I knew how strongly Melinda felt about me and I had no doubts about her feelings towards me. “You were gone four years, mate.” He smirks. “Has she told you about Rodrigo’s love confession?”

Firstly I was angered by his mention of Rodrigo’s name in such a disrespectful way. Did he actually expect me to be jealous of Rodrigo? I always kind of knew of Rodrigo’s feelings towards Melinda. A man doesn’t remain a friend with such a great girl and not grow deep feelings eventually.

“I already knew and fuck you for going as low as that.” I hissed towards him.

“Did she tell you she slept with him?” Peter was now lying I could tell because I’ve known him long enough to know when he was lying.

“Peter, nothing is going to work. I trust Melinda’s word and something like that I’m sure she would’ve told me now shut the fuck up you fucking rapist!” I ignored the pain and punched him again and again.

After another half hour I was done. I told them to take him back and dump him somewhere. I warned Peter to stay away from Melinda that she was going to have people following her around all day and night to make sure she was safe.

I went back to my apartment. Once again I was alone. I went to the bathroom and washed off my bloody knuckles it was my blood mixed with Peter’s. I looked myself in the mirror and I felt a flashback to before I met Melinda and my eyes looked empty as they did now.

Have I really gone backwards? I was a heartless killer, heck, if my father didn’t want Melinda alive when I first kidnapped her she would’ve been dead the first time she tried to escape. Was that harsh? Yeah but it’s true.

Where would I be without Melinda? I would still be the heartless bastard that used girls as tissues. I turned on the shower and took off my clothes and stepped inside the shower. I loved as the water kind of washed away the bad thoughts. I wanted back to before I found out Melinda lied because if she can lie once than she can lie again.

I wanted to spend the rest of my life with her because even just a few days without her kisses and ‘I love you’s I feel like I’m about to break like I’m about to go insane. It’s scary to think that a single woman held such power over me.

It was scary and comforting at the same time because that meant that Melinda is truly my soul mate and I would do anything to be with her. I wouldn’t care if she killed the Pope. All I needed was to know that she loved me and that would be enough for me.

I stepped out after an hour.

I took a towel and dried myself. My house phone started ringing and then my cell phone started ringing. I checked my cell first. It was Melinda and then I checked the house and it was from the office.

I looked at the two of them and decided to call back the office. I answered Melinda’s call.

[Peter’s Point of View]

“That fucker is going to pay.” I growled as I looked in the mirror and saw that I was too fucked up.

I winced as I applied the antibiotic cream. After I was done I walked to my house phone and dialed Lucy’s cell phone number.

It rang twice before her shriek voice answered.

“What?” She snapped.

“Don’t fucking talk to me like that. Come to my house, there’s been a slight change of plan.” I hissed at her. She knew better than to back talk to me.

“O-okay,” She muttered and we both hung up.

I dialed Devlin’s cell phone number and it rang three times before he answered.

“What?” He said in a monotone voice.

“Meeting at my house, change of plans.”

“I can’t.” He said.

“Where are you?” I asked curious as to why he couldn’t.

“At a friend, her name is Melinda and I’m visiting.”

I sighed. “It’s important you need to be here… how is she?” I asked.

Devlin chuckles lightly. “Good. Fine, I’ll be there. It better be good.”

“Trust me, mate, it’s good.”

Thirty minutes later Lucy and Devlin arrived at my apartment. Both went to the living room and sat.

“You have something to drink, lad?” Devlin said getting up and walked to the bar.

“Help yourself.” I said sarcastically.

“Thanks, I will.” He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

“What the hell happened to you, Peter?” Lucy said. She had been giving me the stink eye since she got here.

“Nathan is what fucking happened.” I growled.

Devlin laughed. “Nathan does have a mean right hook.”

“Did he find out?! Does he know I was in on the plan?!” Lucy got up and started to panic.

I groaned. “If he would’ve known I would be dead, stupid, now sit down!”

Lucy huffed and sat down and crossed her legs.

“Then, do tell us, why dear old Nathan left you like a boxer after a twelve round?” Devlin grinned as he took a sip of his whiskey.

“I… attacked, you could say, Melinda and I guess she called him after she kicked me out.”

Devlin raises an eyebrow. “Attack? Physically or sexually?”

“Sexually.”

“You tried to fucking rape her?!” Devlin seemed a little too bothered about this.

“I lost control of my temper, all right?” I shot back at him.

“You’re an idiot.” Devlin shot back with venom. “You’ve ruined the plan, now Melinda won’t fall for you, dumbass no matter how badly Nathan messes up.”

I smirked.

“Oh I might have a solution to our problem.” I smiled widely and winced when my split lip burned.

Lucy chuckled. “What is your plan? Do I still use the roofies?”

I nod. “It’s part of the plan. Make sure it happens when Melinda’s ankle heels and she’s able to walk.”

“Why does she need to walk?” Lucy asked.

“Because knowing Nathan he’ll chase after her and Melinda needs to runaway for my plan to work, all right?” I said in a baby tone voice and she glared at me and huffed again.

“It was just a question.”

“A dumb one.” I said darkly.