Status: Finished

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

Forty-Seven

[Melinda’s Point of View]

Stupid motel. Juan left with one of his bodyguards to get me some food. I wasn’t hungry but I was tired of his ranting about money and blah, blah. The body guard that was left to watch me watched the TV.

I wondered how long it was going to take Nathan to find me. I looked at my empty hand. When I woke up I didn’t have the ring anymore. I was glad it wasn’t my finger he decided to take.

“I’m going to take a shower.” I told the bodyguard who only shrugged and grunted. I took the duffle bag that had my clothes. I didn’t want to think that any of them touched my underwear because it would definitely bother me.

I stripped down and took a five minute shower. I dried myself and took out a change of clothes. I walked out of the bathroom showered. Juan had two bags of Burger King. He tossed me a cheeseburger.

“Eat. We’re leaving soon.”

“Where?” I asked.

“You don’t need to know.”

I cursed under my breath. I opened the cheeseburger and started to eat it, okay, I totally ate it in three bites, but I was hungry. That’s a valid excuse.

After they were done they took my duffle bag and we were outside. I could see the Los Angeles buildings which meant we were really close to downtown Los Angeles. Juan took my arm as if he was my father but I felt the gun on my hip.

We got inside an old van. I was in the back with Juan.

“I’m going to send your father a little video.” Juan said as he snapped his fingers and the bodyguard on the passenger seat took out a video camera and I could see the right light blinking.

Juan lifted the gun to my face and smiled at the camera.

“Hello old friend.” Juan said. “As you can see… I have your precious Princesa. You should know what I want. Next time I’ll contact you directly. No cops are going to find us so it doesn’t matter who you call. Here is proof that I’m not playing around.”

Juan struck me with the gun. I yelped and held my cheek as I felt my blood on my face.

“Bye, bye now.” Juan said and the bodyguard turned off the camera.

“You jerk!” I growled and went to attack him but Juan gripped my wrists. I used my feet and kicked him in the stomach.

He let’s go of my hands.

He gasps for air.

“Little brat.” He gasped.

I had a smirk of triumph but it was short lived when Juan hit me again with a closed fist. I saw double for a second.

[Nathan’s Point of View]

Nathan looked out the window of the car that Peter was driving. Just a few years ago he was here with Melinda. He thought it was just another target and it would be over. He never thought he would end up with the target hopelessly in love.

“So, what is the plan?” Devlin asked.

“I got some information that Juan is using motels because one of my good friends spotted him, but didn’t see Melinda.” Peter said

“He’s making sure no one sees her in case someone recognizes her.” Nathan said.

“How long until he tries to contact her family?” Devlin asked.

“Won’t be long and knowing Sebastian he is going to freak. It’s why we’re going to their house first.” Nathan answered.

“If he’s using motels then he must be dumber than I thought.” Devlin scoffed.

“Hmm.” Nathan agreed. “Or maybe he knows no one would think he would be dumb enough to use motels.”

Devlin chuckled. “So he’s either a really smart man or really stupid.”

Nathan, Peter and Devlin arrived at Melinda’s home. Nathan’s memory came rushing back. Here Melinda found out he was lying to her when she recovered her memory. Here he was beat up by Sebastian’s men and was taken away from Melinda when he finally had the chance to be with her.

Nathan got out.

“Nathan!” Two voices called out. It was Victor and Manuel.

“Hey, guys, where’s your dad?”

“In his office.” Victor said. “Hey, Pete.” Victor said and did a handshake with him.

It sickened Nathan to see how easy Peter could act.

Victor didn’t know that the man he was shaking hands with almost raped his older sister.

Nathan ignored Peter and his sick ways.

“Could you tell your dad I need to speak to him?”

Manuel frowned a bit. “Where’s Mel?”

He was always the smarter one.

Nathan pursed his lips. “Just get your dad, kiddo.”

Victor finally caught up and he frowned.

“But—“

“Just go.” Devlin snapped. He wasn’t fond of children, especially teenagers.

Victor and Manuel glared at Devlin and then ran back inside of the house.

“Be more patient, Devlin, they’ve gone through a lot too.” Nathan said.

Devlin shrugged.

Sebastian walked out of the house with an angry look on his face. Nathan straightened up. Sebastian walked up to Nathan.

“Get inside.” He ordered.

Nathan, Peter and Devlin followed.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's ending soon people :(