You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 19 - Demons.

Image

It had been around about 2 weeks since the ‘incident’ at the pool in Greece. We were now in Paris, where we were halfway through a week long break. I’d never been to Paris before, despite always wanting to. So you can imagine how excited I’d been to be spending time here. After spending all morning trying and failing to persuade everyone to go visit the Eiffel Tower with me for the 5th time since we got here, I was now in a sulk in my room. There was a knock on my door before it slowly opened, as if the person behind it was scared I was going to explode on them. Zacky popped his head around the door, still seemingly using it as a shield. I rolled my eyes at him before rolling onto my stomach and burying my face in the pillow. I heard him sigh and the door close. At first I thought he’d left but of course he hadn’t left.

“Charlottteeee.” He whined as I felt the bed sink next to me as he sat down.

“What?” Was my response, muffled from the pillow beneath me.

“Are you really honestly in a mood because we don’t want to go see the stupid tower again? ‘Cos really, we’ve seen it like 5 times already and I don’t think it will have changed over the past few hours..” He rambled. I would’ve laughed, but humour wasn’t fitting in this current situation. I rolled over, locking my eyes onto the ceiling above me. I could see Zacky in the corner of my eye looking over at me worriedly.

“Do you know what day it is today?” I asked, he seemed to jump a little at the sound of my voice, possibly he was off in his own world or something.

“Umm.. June 5th, I think.. Why?” He asked, obviously confused at my question. I moved my eyes from the ceiling to focus on him. He was looking straight back at me.

“Today is the anniversary of my dad’s death.” I whispered, holding back the tears that threatened to fall, but he saw it all in my eyes anyway. He didn’t say anything for a few moments before he stood up. I was confused; maybe he was going to leave? He held out his hand silently, I took it and he pulled me up off the bed.

“Zack, what the hell?” I asked as he started dragging me towards the door. “Where are we going?”

“To see the Eiffel Tower.” He replied simply as we exited my room. I quickly grabbed my shoes and a jacket before we went to Zacks suite to get his wallet. I hoped he wasn’t planning on bringing Cindy along, I think I’d rather die then spend a day with her. He opened his door and we walked inside, I spotted her straight away; sat on the sofa, watching crappy daytime TV in yet another barely there outfit. She looked over at Zack and smiled at him, her smile fell as soon as she realised I too was in the room. Ever since the day at the pool she’s not exactly been the best of friends with me, Val and Leana.

“What are you doing babe?” She asked suspiciously as she watched him grab his wallet and sun glasses.

“We’re just going to the Eiffel Tower for a bit.” He replied carefully, knowing she was going to kick off.

“What the hell? Just you two? Baby we only went yesterday, why do you have to go again? She’s a big girl, I’m sure she can go on her own.” She spat the last part, glaring over at me; I just rolled my eyes in response.

“Cindy, we won’t even be long. Charlotte’s just having a bad day and I want to cheer her up. Just trust me, please?” He pleaded, wanting to put the argument to rest. She glared at me again, obviously not trusting me to keep my hands off of him.

“Well, can’t I come with you?” She begged, grabbing his arm to stop him leaving, which is what he was trying to do.

“No Cindy, I haven’t spent much time with Charlotte lately and I want to make it up to her, I’ll see you later.” He replied, pulling his arm from hers and giving her a kiss; which caused the insane jealousy to bubble up in my stomach. She let him go and I followed him, I was almost out the door when I felt her grab my arm and pull me towards her, so we were now stood about 6 inches away from each other.

“You even think about trying anything with him and I swear to god I will kill you.” She said as threateningly as she could, her grip on my wrist tightening. I laughed at her, pulling my wrist away from her.

“Don’t you dare touch or threaten me again, you fucking fake whore!” I growled, stepping closer to her. I saw fear flash through her eyes before she replaced it with false confidence. I felt Zack pull me away from her, as soon as I was restrained by him she started screaming at me. I laughed, amused at how she could only shout at me when there was no way I could fight back. Zack dragged me out the door and slammed the door on Cindy as she carried on screaming.

“Stupid bitch.” I muttered, before running after Zacky who was already halfway down the corridor. “You know Zack; I still really don’t know how you found someone as lovely as her. You should be really ecstatic about you’re relationship choice. Really, well done to you.” I grumbled as I caught up with him.

“Charlotte, don’t start. Today’s about us not her.” He replied, smiling over at me.

He certainly did know how to make me happy.

A few hours later, after going to the top floor twice and taking about 200 pictures, we were now sat on some grass eating ice cream. I was getting more and more angry at mine as it kept melting too quickly, dripping sticky trails down onto my hands and arms. I looked over at Zack who was having no problem whatsoever with his.

“Ugh!” I exclaimed. “How the hell are you doing that?! Mine keeps dripping everywhere!” I pouted and he laughed, leaning over and taking my cone from me.

“It’s easy, you just do this..” Before I had time to respond, he shoved the ice cream in to my face, absolutely covering me in it.

“I cannot believe you just did that.” I said, as calmly as I could, before swiftly leaning over and before he could even realise, I shoved his own ice cream onto him. He gasped and pounced before he started tickling me, both of us covered in now melted ice cream. The tickle war went on for a good five minutes before Zacks ring tone snapped us out of it. Glad to be freed I sat up, watching as he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

“Text off Johnny, we’re hitting the clubs tonight apparently.” He read over to me, I smiled as he did, I was in the mood to get drunk today.

“Awesome, did he say a time?” I asked, whilst glancing at my watch. It was 4pm already.

“No, but about 9ish, I presume.” He answered, before grabbing his phone again. “Shall we head back? I think I need to wash this ice cream off.” I nodded, grabbing my bag as he called the car for us, ending our visit to the Eiffel Tower.

The car ride didn’t take long, about ten minutes or so. Even I didn’t realise how close to the tower we actually were. We entered the hotel and got the lift up to our floor, still laughing at our ice cream covered selves. The elevator door opened and I don’t think either of us were expecting Cindy to be stood there, glaring over at us. We hesitantly left the lift and walked towards her.

“5 hours.” She stated, looking at her watch to clarify. “5 goddamn hours you’ve been gone for Zack! What the hell have you been doing?! I swear to god if you’ve cheated on me with that skank there will be trouble! And what the hell are you covered in..” She ranted; I was already halfway to my room, not sticking around to hear what other insults she had for me. I quickly fumbled for my room key, opened the door and ran inside, leaving Zack to handle the psycho woman outside. Jimmy and Leana, who were sat on the couch looked over at me confused, the screaming was still clear from in here, though slightly muffled.

“What the hell?!” Leana asked, half about the screaming and half about me being covered in ice cream. I gave them both a brief outline of todays happenings, by the end of it the screaming had finally stopped from next door.

“Wow.” Jimmy finally spoke. “She really is one crazy bitch.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Another filler, i've nearly finished the next chapter though which is where the drama starts :)
Hope you liked it :)
Let me know what you think pleaseee (:
Comment and subscribe!
<3
xx