You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 24 - Flash Of The Blade.

Image

It had been about two months since that day. Nothing exciting had happened really, we’d all just been really busy with the tour. Idiotic Idols have definitely made a name for themselves now, we were getting recognized almost everywhere we went and now people weren’t just chanting for Avenged Sevenfold at the gigs, they were chanting for us! It was truly amazing and I made sure to thank the guys everyday for giving us this opportunity that’s already opened so many doors for us. As for me and Zack, well, we were still perfect. Waking up in his arms every morning and falling asleep by his side every night made me wonder how I ever got by without him. And I definitely couldn’t understand how I ever felt hate for someone who had come to feel like my other half.

My soulmate.

Right now, we were waiting to go on stage in Japan. Tonight’s crowd was the biggest crowd of the tour and by far the biggest crowd Idiotic Idols had ever played for. Nervous was an understatement. I walked towards the side of the stage and glanced out at the thousands of people standing patiently waiting for the show to begin. The butterflies doubled and I felt physically sick, I had half a mind to run, but I knew I couldn’t do that, that wouldn't be fair. I felt a pair of familiar arms wrap around my middle and realized I’d been staring at a wall for the good part of 5 minutes. Zack buried is face in my neck, his grip round my waist tightening.

“I know it’s scary,” he mumbled into my neck, “But you have no reason to be nervous, you’re amazingly talented Charlotte and you’re going to give those people one hell of a show, I know you are.” He turned me around so I was facing him and gently lifted my head so I was looking at him.

“I’ve got faith in you Charlotte, you’re probably one of the most talented people on this tour, you just go out there and show those people what I’ve known for years. You go out there and show them that Zack Bakers girlfriend doesn’t get nervous, she just kicks some serious ass on stage, yeah?” His words made me giggle, my nerves melting away, it was impossible to feel down when I had him around.

It took Zack pretty much two months to ask me to be his girlfriend, although we’d just kind of fell into the roles before that anyway. Infact, it was only a mere two days ago where a fan had brought up the subject we’d yet to have talked about that brought Zack to finally say those words.

Flash back.

I smiled at the teenage boy who’d made his way nervously across the café me and Zack were currently situated in.

“Can I please have your autograph?” He asked, shyly tugging on his tatty Avenged Sevenfold shirt that adorned his torso. Zack smiled politely in response, removing his arm from around my shoulders to take the pen and paper from him.

“Ofcourse, who do I make it out to?” The boy told him his name and Zacky scribbled down a message to him on the paper. The boy whose name we’d learned to be Jasper, smiled over at me.

“So are you two officially together now?” I almost spat out the drink I’d chosen to take a sip of. Not that it was a touchy subject, but Zacky hadn’t asked me to be officially his or anything and we hadn’t spoken a word about it either. Unfortunately for us, the Internet had taken quite a liking to us and our pictures covered fan sites everywhere asking ‘are they or aren’t they?’ Zack didn’t miss a beat though.

“We sure are.” He smiled proudly in my direction; I quickly changed my confused face for one that mimicked Zacks as Jasper looked over at me.

“That’s good, I think you two make the perfect match.” Jasper smiled at us and I couldn’t help the goofy grin that spread across my face from his words. “Well, thank you for the autograph.” He said his goodbyes and left us alone.

“What was that about?” I asked him once Jasper was far away enough to not hear. Zacky just rolled his eyes and smiled at me, taking my hand in his own.

“I just figured, it’s been two months and I certainly think of you as a girlfriend so why not let the public know how I feel. I mean, if that’s alright with you? I know for sure I want you to be my girlfriend, so.. the balls in your court I guess.” He fumbled nervously rubbing the back of his neck. I giggled at how cute he looked right now.

“Well, I know I’d be honored to have you as my boyfriend.” I replied, he looked relieved at my answer as he shuffled across the booth to be closer to me, his hand resting on my cheek lightly.

“Well then.” He whispered. “Be my girlfriend?” I simply nodded before pulling him into yet another perfect kiss.


Present Day

I snapped out of my daydream when I realized Zack was looking at me worriedly, how long had I been zoned out for?

“Are you going to be okay?” Zack asked. I felt bad, I knew he was meant to be sound checking right now and instead he was here looking after me. I took a deep breath, I just needed to be brave.

“I’ll be fine, go get you stuff sorted.” I replied giving him a little playful shove, he laughed, gently placing a kiss on my lips before running off in the direction he was needed. I sighed, as I watched him leave before deciding to go to the green room, where I found the rest of my band mates all looking equally as nervous as I did. I sat down next to Mark who put his arm around me. The room was unusually quiet which confirmed for me how nervous everyone was. I jumped as the silence was broken when a roadie entered the room, informing us we had 5 minutes to get ready and get on stage.

“We can do this guys.” I said bravely as I stood up. “Not only can we do this but we’re gonna fucking rock!” The four guys instantly perked up, cheering in reply. We made our way to the stage where the Avenged guys were already waiting to wish us good luck. Everyone exchanged hugs and ‘high fives’, Zack came over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me off the ground before planting a kiss on my lips.

“Go do me proud beautiful.” He whispered in my ear, I smiled and nodded before following the guys onto stage to face the thousands of expectant fans. Reaching the mic, I took one last look at Zack who gave me a thumbs up and my fears melted away as the music started up and everyone started going crazy.

- - - - -

Forty five minutes later and we were saying our thanks to the crowd and running backstage. I laughed wondering how I’d ever been nervous, they were the best crowd we’d played for yet by far! The Avenged guys and all the girls were waiting for us as we got off stage, giving us the usual compliments and congratulations for tonights performance. Zacky ran over to me, scooping me off my feet, spinning me around before placing me back on the ground and kissing me repeatedly.

“I told you” He laughed between kisses, “I told you you’d be amazing, I’m so proud of you babe!” I blushed slightly at his compliment before we were interrupted by the same roadie as before.

“Right, Avenged Sevenfold you have 20 minutes before you’re on, so make sure everything is sorted yeah?” He asked before running off, shouting things into his headset as he did. Zacky removed his arms from my waist as the other guys went to make sure they were all set to go on stage.

“I should probably go with them.” He whispered before adding “I love you.” He left before I could reply so I found myself smiling like a little kid to myself before I snapped out of it and followed the girls to the green room whilst Frankie, Mark, Jay and Jack went with the guys to help them set up. Val smiled over at me as we all took a seat.

“You and Zack are so cute together.” She cooed, “I never thought he’d find someone worthy of him but he has and I really couldn’t be happier.” Everyone murmured in agreement and I felt the familiar blush creep on my face as I smiled at everyone.

“He’s my soulmate.” I whispered and laughed as everyone burst into a round of ‘awhhhs’ at my answer. Our talk was cut short as the guys came back in to inform us they were about to go on stage. The girls all wished their guys good luck. I kissed Zack lightly on the nose, then all across his face, purposely missing his lips. Eventually he grabbed me and pulled me into a kiss, laughing slightly as he did.

“Now it’s your turn to make me proud.” I whispered to him before he ran off to join to rest of guys on stage. Frankie, Jay, Mark and Jack decided to watch by the side of the stage whilst us girls thought we’d stay in the green room for a bit longer. Everyone was chatting away when I noticed the girl who usually would be talking most was sitting quietly in the corner, eyes downcast and worry etched clearly over her face.

“Are you okay Michelle?” I asked, her head snapped up to meet my gaze, everyones conversations died as they too realized something was clearly bothering Michelle. She tried to nod but as soon as she did, tears started pouring from her eyes as she buried her face in her hands.

“I think Brians cheated on me.” She cried. My jaw dropped as she said that, I was finding it hard to believe Brian could ever do that.

“Surely not.” I replied in disbelief. “The guys aren’t like that are they?” I found it hard to believe any of the guys I had become close with these past few months could ever cheat on their girls. Val shrugged at my question.

“We’ve all thought they’ve cheated on us at some point.” I looked at her in shock, this wasn’t making me feel safe in my relationship with Zack.

“What make’s you think he’s cheated Michelle?” Brooke asked the now slightly calmer girl.

“I’ve been thinking it for a weekish now, last week when the guys all went out to the bars, he didn’t come back until the next morning. He said he slept on the tour bus because he couldn’t find his key but I just couldn’t believe him no matter how hard I tried.” She sniffed quietly, “Then this morning he was in the shower and he got a phone call, I answered it and it was some girl asking for Brian, I asked how she knew him and she said she’d met him in a bar last week. The night he didn’t come home, I don’t know what to do. I can’t trust him.” The tears were pouring down now from her eyes; Val rushed over to comfort her sister.

“But they’re nice guys; I just can’t see any of them doing that.” I said, still trying to get my head around it, I’d had nothing but trust for Zack since we got together and now it was fading with everything the girls said.

“They’re rock stars, if it was up to them then no they probably wouldn’t cheat but girls throw themselves at them and sometimes, they won’t have the will to say no.” Leana muttered, obviously thinking about a time she’d worried Jimmy had been unfaithful.

“You just need to talk to him babe.” Val soothed, “Just take him aside and ask him outright, you’ve done nothing wrong so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t be able to talk to him about it.” Michelle nodded, knowing Val spoke sense.

“Now come one, let’s go watch the rest of their set.” Lacey suggested, grabbing Michelle by the hand and pulling her out of the room. We all laughed before following and taking out place at the side of the stage. I tried to get Leanas words out of my head but I couldn’t, I hoped Zack wouldn’t do what we feared Brian had, I have 100% trust in him, I just don’t want him to break that.

- - - - -

An hour later the guys had come off stage and we were all celebrating by having a few beers in the green room. Michelle had asked Brian to talk like she promised and they were now in the room next door and had been for the past twenty minutes. For this gig, a few people had backstage passes and were allowed to come meet the bands and get autographs and pictures and just generally chat for an hour. At the moment we were waiting for them to arrive, Matt said there were only 8 of them; I loved one on one time with fans so I was pretty excited. There was a knock on the door and a roadie came in to let us know the backstage pass fans were here. In walked 3 guys, all wearing A7X shirts and hoodys. Behind them walked 3 girls, all looking nervous, 2 of them wearing A7X shirts and one surprisingly enough had an Idiotic Idols shirt on. And finally walked in two girls, in heels, short skirts, skin tight tops that barely covered anything and fake hair and caked in make up. There’s only one reason they’d be coming here, I sighed, someone always has to ruin it. Even so, we all introduced ourselves and the group split so everyone could get autographs.

The three girls came over to Idiotic Idols first and we spoke for a while whilst we signed everything and got pictures with them. They were very friendly and seemed like dedicated fans, with I was thankful for. Next to talk to us was the 3 guys, who were also genuinely nice people. While one of them, whose name I learned was Brad was talking to me, I couldn’t help my eyes drift over the where the Avenged Sevenfold boys were. Or to be more precise, where Zacky was. One of the scantily dressed girls was sat next to him, laughing at what he said while her hand was resting on his thigh. I could feel the anger bubbling in me, why wasn’t he pushing her off. She lent forward and whispered something in his ear and he laughed at whatever she said. I saw her hand move a little higher and I was ready to smack the smug look off her face. I couldn’t help hear the words Leana said before echoing in my head.

What if he doesn’t have the will to say no?

“If he has any sense, he’d push that slut off him and realize he already has the perfect girl.” Brad said, making me jump. I’d completely forgot I was talking to him. I laughed pathetically to myself.

“I think I’m just being stupid.” I replied. He glanced over to where the girl was still all over Zack and shrugged.

“Girls like that are evil. They’ll do whatever they can to get what they want.” And with that he moved over to get his stuff signed by the Avenged boys. As he moved, I noticed the other scantily dressed girl was all over Matt, despite the fact he was sat right next to Val. Val seemed calm though, she was probably used to this but I wasn’t and I was getting really pissed off at this. I made sure I’d signed and gotten pictures with all the real fans before abruptly standing up and leaving the room. I couldn’t sit there and watch that bitch try and get her claws in my man any longer. I walked out the door and straight into Brian, I muttered my apologies and stopped long enough to see Michelle was smiling. I smiled lightly back at her, I was glad they’d sorted it out.

“Where are you going?” Brian called, as I walked down the corridor away from them.

“Anywhere away from that room.” I shouted back before turning the corner. I saw the exit at the end of the corridor and found myself practically running to it. Swinging it open I walked out into the cold night air, happy to be on my own right now. I thought about what could be happening right now back in that room and my stomach twisted in knots. I walked over to the tour bus and sat down by the side of it, pulling out my cigarettes and lighting one up, trying to calm my paranoia. This was stupid, he didn’t even do anything and yet I’m sat here as if I’ve just caught him in bed with someone else. I heard footsteps coming towards me but didn’t even bother looking up as I took another drag on my cigarette, my eyes still glued to the ground. Whoever it was sat down next to me and I could smell the familiar aftershave and knew who it was straight away.

“Zack, I don’t want to talk about it.” I muttered. I heard him sigh,

“I’m sorry,” He whispered as he rested his head against my shoulder.

“You have nothing to be sorry for.” I turned to face him, he lifted his head off my shoulder and his eyes met mine, both filled with sadness.

“I upset you, so I do have something to be sorry for. I swear, I would never cheat on you, we just get told to play up to the fans sometimes, I forgot you’d take it the wrong way and I’m sure it looked bad but I swear, it never goes past harmless flirting. You’re the one for me Charlotte and I’m not going to fuck that up, not after years of wanting you, waiting for you.” His voice reduced to a whisper, his lips now incredibly close to mine. I found all my paranoia washing away. I didn’t know how I ever found it hard to trust him, he wouldn’t hurt me and I felt silly for thinking that now. He came out to see if I was okay, that’s how perfect my boyfriend is. I smiled in response to him.

“I’m sorry too, I over reacted. I just, don’t want to lose you Zack, you’re everything to me.” The smile that graced his lips at my words was beautiful.

“I love you, you know that. You and only you.” He whispered and his lips met mine. I smiled into the kiss, my trust for Zack rising back up to 100%.

I just hope he never breaks it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story only has 5 or 6 chapters left, i have them all planned out now!
But there will be a sequal! And i've already got loads of ideas for it!
Thankyou so much to everyone who's subscribed and commented :)
Please keep the comments and subscriptions coming, they make me smilee :))

Oh and btw, 3 days ago on the 28th of October, i saw Avenged Sevenfold live and i swear, it was truly amazing! If you've never been to see them live, its definitely something to add to the 'things to do before you die' list :)

Thanks againn for reading and for all the feedback! <3