You're Just A Diamond In The Rough.

Chapter 27 - Bat Country.

Image

“You can explain?” I whispered, not been being able to get my voice any louder than that. I saw his mouth try and form words from where he sat in front of me, I could practically hear his brain trying to come up with an excuse plausible for what he’s done.

But he had nothing.

“You’re pathetic.” I spat, pure utter hatred for the man I was supposed to love rose up inside me. He looked hurt from my words but that just spurred me on, I wanted him to hurt like I was hurting right now.

“You can’t explain what you’ve done because what you’ve done is the lowest of fucking lows.” I snapped whilst dragging my suitcase over to the wardrobes and throwing my clothes into it. I didn’t even want to be within a metre of him let alone have to share a suite with him. The room stank of sex and it was making my stomach twist in knots. I could barely see through the tears, I wasn’t even sure if the clothes I was packing were even mine. I zipped up the suitcase and started dragging it out of the bedroom but I stopped before I was out of the door and turned to look at him. He was now stood next to the bed, with boxers on and running a hand through his hair nervously.

“I actually feel sorry for you Zack. I’d have been there, you could’ve had a life with me but you threw it away for a cheap fuck with some random girl. I hope you feel really happy with yourself right now because what we had is over. I don’t ever want to speak to you again.” And with that I stormed out of the suite.

I didn’t make it very far, my legs finally feeling the pain and heart break I was suffering buckled underneath me as soon as I reached Leana and Jimmys room. Unfortunately for me this meant I was only a couple of doors down from mine and Zacks room and I knew he could come out any minute. I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check the time; it was still a good few hours until any of the guys would be back. I was stuck. I contemplated leaving; just going back home but I couldn’t do that, not so close to the end of the tour. That would trash Idiotic Idols reputation before we even got a chance to make it big. And in that second I realized I was going to have to stay. Stay here until the tour finishes, stay here with the guy who broke my heart.

And it was going to be pure torture.

Deciding I didn’t like the risk of sitting here until everyone got back with Zack only two doors down I got my phone out again to text Leana.

‘Can you please come back, I need you. x’

The tears now clouding my vision again, I quickly pressed send and dropped the phone. I couldn’t get the image of him in bed with her out of my head. My stomach twisting in knots and my head filled with images of the past 5 minutes, I was finding it difficult to concentrate. I heard a clicking noise coming from down the corridor, from mine and Zacks room to be precise. Scrambling to my feet I started dragging my suitcase in the opposite direction from where I knew Zack was now stood.

“Charlotte.” He croaked. “Please, just hear me out.”

But I couldn’t. I couldn’t even look at him, I just continued down the corridor fighting back the tears in silence. I heard him sniffling, but I knew he wasn’t following me, even he knew what he’d done was unforgivable. I dragged my suitcase into the elevator; I wasn’t sure where I was going I just knew I had to leave that corridor. Pressing the button for the lobby I let out a sigh as the doors shut, sliding down the wall slowly, I couldn’t hide the tears now. I must’ve only been in the elevator for about 30 seconds but it felt like a lifetime. I gathered my stuff and took it into the lobby trying to not make eye contact with anyone I passed. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

‘What’s happened? I’m on my way. L x’

I didn’t even have the strength to reply but a slight wave a relief did wash over me knowing they’d be here soon.

- - - - -

Zacks Point Of View.

I swung the door open as hard as I possibly could, exiting the theater angrily. I know I shouldn’t be angry, I know it’s not technically her fault but she could’ve easily pushed him away. And how dare she call me a hypocrite? That girl the other night was not the same as this situation at all, that was business and this is just Charlotte loving attention.

It was raining and freezing outside but I was so angry I could barely feel it. A slight pang of guilt washed through me knowing I left her to walk back to the hotel alone but so what? It was her fault. I had no idea where I was walking I just knew I was not ready to stop anytime soon. I ended up at a park; it was pretty vacant since everyone was running for shelter from the rain. Still not feeling the cold I sat down on an empty bench. I contemplated going back and apologizing to her, forgetting this all ever happened but my stupid ego was getting in the way. It was getting dark quick and I knew I shouldn’t really stay on this bench in an unfamiliar place when night fell. With a sigh I stood up and headed in the direction of the hotel.

I was walking for about 5 minutes when I realized I was lost, running a hand through my hair I looked around, praying for a glimpse of something familiar. Instead I came head on with what looked like a strip club. There was a scantily dressed woman outside trying to draw in customers. I cleared my throat and approached her.

“Excuse me, could I please ask for some directions.” The woman smiled as she looked me up and down, her heavily made up face nodding in approval.

“Maybe,” She replied with a strong accent. “But only if you come in for a few drinks first.” I thought over her offer, a few drinks couldn’t hurt could they?

Three hours later and I could barely see straight. A few drinks had turned into 15.. or was it 18..? I was seated by the stage watching some blonde girl dance on the pole. She caught my eye and blew me a kiss, I laughed drunkenly, throwing some dollar bills onto the stage.

“You’re too cute to be in a place like this.” A girl purred from next to me. I turned to look at her, swaying a little. It was the same woman from outside. I tried to take in her appearance as best as I could. She had scarlet hair and matching lipstick, a very revealing dress adorning her perfect figure. She was exactly the type of girl I used to go for. I drunkenly tried to remember why I shouldn’t be flirting with this girl but the alcohol had clouded my brain so much I could barely remember my own name. We talked for a while, the whole time her hand was running up and down my thigh.

“I get off now.” She whispered seductively in my ear, “How about we go back to your room.” I nodded drunkenly scrambling to my feet as she left to get her bag. I felt a pang of guilt in my stomach as I remembered Charlottes face, her perfect face. But I was too far gone to have a conscience and any guilt I did have was replaced by anger about what happened at the theater. She deserved this.

I’m not sure how we got back to the hotel or even how long it took, I just know I was now scrambling with the hotel key, the scarlet haired girl hanging off of me, her lips attacking my neck. The door opened and we fell into the room, I kicked the door shut behind me as my lips attached themselves to hers.

It must’ve been maybe an hour later that my whole world came crashing down. I thought she deserved it but as soon as Charlotte walked in and I saw the hurt on her face I couldn’t believe what I had done. The scarlet haired girl left, I never even knew her name. My head was spinning but I knew this was bad, I knew I needed to sober up. I couldn’t take my eyes off hers which were now swimming with tears.

I loved her, how could I do this?

“Charlotte.” I croaked, “I c-can explain.

“You can explain?” She whispered. My heart was breaking. I tried so hard to form words to make her feel better, to somehow make up for what I did.

But I had nothing.

“You’re pathetic.” She spat, “You can’t explain what you’ve done because what you’ve done is the lowest of fucking lows.”

She dragged her suitcase to the wardrobe and started piling her clothes into it. She was crying and I wanted to comfort her so much but I knew I couldn’t. I knew this was my entire fault. I pulled on my boxers quickly as she started dragging the suitcase out of the room. I was about to speak, beg and plead her to stay but she stopped me before I could.

“I actually feel sorry for you Zack. I’d have been there, you could’ve had a life with me but you threw it away for a cheap fuck with some random girl. I hope you feel really happy with yourself right now because what we had is over. I don’t ever want to speak to you again.” And with that she was gone. I couldn’t get her words out of my head. She was right, I wanted it all with her, I wanted to marry her, have kids with her. And now what? It’s all gone, she’ll never forgive me for this and I wouldn’t expect her to. I couldn’t stop the tears from falling now, I’d just lost the best thing to ever happen to me.

I walked to the door of the suite hoping maybe she was outside and she’d let me explain. I pulled it open cautiously, the bright light of the hallway hurting my bloodshot eyes setting off a new wave of tears. Sure enough she was there, jumping to her feet to get away from me.

The love of my life couldn't stand the sight of me.

“Charlotte.” I croaked. “Please, just hear me out.” But she wouldn’t. Of course she wouldn’t. So I let her leave and I watched as she walked away from me, feeling helpless. I didn’t want to hurt her anymore and as the elevator doors shut, shielding her from view,

I broke down.
♠ ♠ ♠
I always seem to come back to this story!

Please comment and subscribe! Only a few chapters left :)
<3