Status: I'm Back!

My modern day Romeo happens to be a vampire. Who knew?

Being the new girl sucks, doesnt it?

“Sweetie hurry up! You are going to miss the buss!” My mom Dianne called from downstairs. I quickly gave myself a once over in the mirror. Everything was perfect. Black jeans, white shirt, black vest, and yellow high top converse made up my look for the first day of a new school year and a new school and I had to admit it looked pretty damn good. Grabbing my checkered messenger bag off my desk I dashed out of my room and down the stairs into the kitchen where my mom had my lunch and a bagel for me to eat for breakfast.

“Hurry up! The buss will be here in a few!” she called from the living room. I nodded my head and threw my lunch into my bag and started to eat my bagel. Tired rolled down the gravel road and I knew that was my cue to leave so I grabbed my bag and walked down my driveway.

The buss slowed to a stop and opened its door beckoning me inside. I took a quick break and jumped on the buss. Everyone stopped talking at once. Like being the new girl in school wasn’t awkward enough. I walked down the aisle and took a seat in the back.

“Hey I’m Jenna.” A blonde hair girl sitting across the aisle spoke to me extending her hand.

“Danielle.” I grabbed her hand and shook it.

“I’m guessing you’re new to New Rockford?” Jenna asked.

“Yeah my dad got offered a job here so we just packed all our things from Raleigh, North Carolina and just moved up here! It’s a lot more cold up here in North Dakota then it ever was down there!” I laughed. Back home it used to be between forty and one hundred degrees during the entire year but up here the highest it ever got was eighty I heard!

“Wow that’s a drastic change! The cold must be terrible to you.”

“Nah! I like it a lot. The heat was annoying.” I said as our buss pulled into the school. I just sat in my seat and stared. It was a pretty small school; after all there were only a little over a thousand people in this town.

“Here let me show you where the office is. Maybe we’ll have some classes together.” She asked hopefully. I nodded my head; I wasn’t going to turn her down. I finally had a friend here.

We walked towards the office chatting about our summers and things we did. Every step we took everyone turned their heads and stared. That’s the one thing I hate about being the new girl. There is just too much attention. I hate the spotlight on me.

Girls whispered behind their hands to their friends whenever I passed. I just brushed it off praying it wasn’t anything bad. All the boys shoved their friends when I waked by making gestures towards me.

One group of students puzzled me more then the rest. Six teenages stood in the parking lot distant from everyone else leaning against a yellow Porsche 911 turbo. None of them moved but just stared straight ahead. I looked around before realizing they were staring at me. As we moved closer to the school more kids stood between myself and them and they were lost out of my vision.

“Who are they?” I whispered as we climbed the steps into the main building.

“Who are who?” she asked back, holding the door of the building open for me. I walked inside to find a small corridor with many rooms and wings branched off it. For a tiny school it was sure big inside!

“The kids by the Porsche. They looked out of place. They kept staring but not like the other kids we walked by, it was kind of awkward.” I gushed following her towards a big door that said office on top of it in bold black letters.

“Oh! The Cullen’s! They are a weird lot. They mainly stay to themselves.” She went on but stopped as we entered the office. She motioned me forward towards the receptionist.

“Hey, well my name is Danielle Lancing I’m the new student.” I nervously pulled at my sleeves as the lady looked into her stack of papers.

“Here you go dear! Hope you enjoy your first day.” The receptionist said in a cheery tone handing over my schedule. I nodded my head and followed Jenna out of the office.

“Lets see your schedule! Hopefully you are in some of my classes!” she exclaimed grabbing my schedule out of my hands. She looked it over before sighing and handing it back.

“I’m taking that wasn’t a good sigh.” I laughed as we started walking through the building.

“You got that right. You are only in my chemistry and early literature class. Other then that our classes are in opposite directions. But thankfully we have lunch together!” she exclaimed as we walked towards early literature.

“By the way, what were you saying about the Cullen’s?” I asked as we stopped outside the literature room. I was overly curious about them.

“Oh! Right I forgot we were talking about them. We’ll you see their adoptive father Carlisle Cullen and his wife Esme adopted them. It’s like he is a matchmaker though! All of them are like together. There is Edward and Bella, Rosalie and Emmet, but then there is Jasper and Alice, but they broke up a while ago! The Cullen’s usually stay to themselves though, you wont see them socializing with anyone but themselves. It seems like they think they are better or whatever. So don’t feel bad if they don’t talk to you.” She explained as we walked into the room. I nodded my head as I walked in.

“Well you must be the new student! I’m Mr. McCracken. You must be Danielle! Please to meet you. You can take the empty seat next to Alice.” He greeted shaking my hand before pointing to a seat next to a petite girl with a pixie cut hairstyle. She smiled as I made my way to sit next to her. I looked to my right to see Jenna giving me a thumbs up as I slid into the seat next to Alice. Remembering what Jenna said I just sat all the way back in my seat with my head forward.

“Hi! I’m Alice.” She spoke to me in a semi high pitched voice with a lot of enthusiasms.

“I’m Danielle.”

“Oh right! New girl from North Carolina right?” she asked leaning forwards on her desk. I nodded my head. I was surprised she knew that. Mr. McCracken stood at the front of the class and began his class. He told us about the play we’d be reading this semester, Romeo and Juliet by Shakespeare. I was pretty excited about it.... Yeah I cannot even fake that one. Shakespeare completely bored me. With all the weird language going on I just usually tuned it out every time a teacher talked about one of his stories. After a long lecture about the history of the play and Shakespeare himself the bell rung and we all stood up to leave.

“Nice to meet you! I hope I’ll see you around.” Alice practically sang before gracefully leaving the room.

“Now that was weird.” A brunette walking next to Jenna spoke to me as we left the room.

“Yeah that was really out of character. Usually she ignores everyone.” Jenna spoke up.

“She seems really nice.” I said. They both nodded their heads as we parted ways for second block.

The rest of the morning classes were pretty uneventful. I did make a few new friends though along the way. There was Emilie who sat next to me in math. She was hilarious. She seemed like one of those girls who could only function if she drank about five cups of coffee a day, which I can guarantee she drank twice that amount today.

Along with Emilie I met Sam, a foreign exchange student from Russia. Lets just say when we met I left a mark, literarily. We had gym together right before lunch. Let’s just say it didn’t go so well. Myself and bats do not go well together.

The bell rang as I walked towards lunch with Sam and Emilie. I was starving after such a long day. Thank god I only had one class after lunch which I thankfully had with Jenna. We quickly went through the line and picked up pizza before surveying the lunch room for some seats.

“Hey over here!” Jenna called from the other side of the cafeteria. I smiled and waved back before walking over to them with Emilie and Sam by my sides.

As we walked I felt some eyes following me. I looked to my right and saw no one so I looked to the left and a tall, curly blonde haired boy stared at me. He must have been Jasper; everyone else was being all couples so I knew it had to be him. Alice turned her head to see what he was looking at and when she saw me she waved which I gladly returned before sitting down at the lunch table.

Jaspers POV:

“Who are you waving to?” I asked as Alice sat down next to me.

“Danielle. She’s the new girl I told you I saw coming. She sits with me in Literature and she will be…” she started before zoning out, “sitting with you in chemistry.” She finished with a smirk.

“What’s that face for?” I asked leaning forward on the table, trying to read her emotions. She was overly giddy with a hint of suspicion. Not exactly the best combo in the world.

“Oh nothing. But Jazz be careful ok?” Her face instantly turned to worry as she spoke to me. I nodded my head as the bell rang and walked off towards Chemistry.

I slid into the chemistry lab and took my seat in the front. I was knew to the not sucking human’s blood and didn’t want to attack some innocent person if they flipped their hair or whatnot which would waft their scent towards me.

My thoughts instantly went blank as a new scent walked in the room. It was a scent I never smelled before and overly powerful. I dug my fingers into the desk so I wouldn’t leap up and attack whoever it was that’s scent was affecting me so much.

I tilted my head up to see the new girl standing in front of my desk talking to the teacher. Alice told me about her. Rachel was her name. No that couldn’t be it. I racked my brain before I realized her name was Danielle. She turned around and shot me a small nervous smile before taking the empty seat next to me at the table.

“Hey I’m Danielle. You must be Jasper?” she quietly asked. I nodded my head not saying a word. Confusion radiated off her as she turned towards the front, probably perplexed by my behavior.

The lesson seemed to drag on. Maybe it was just because of her scent playing tricks with my mind. How badly I wanted to taste the blood that ran through her veins that called to me so.

I turned my head and studied her. She was pretty. A slim face, a ski slope nose, and almond shape brown almost black eyes. Her reddish brown hair hung in ringlets over her shoulders. I shook my head but I still couldn’t get her out of my head. Finally the bell rang and I swiftly exited the room and walked towards the parking lot. I bet all my siblings to the car and leaned against it waiting for them to appear.

“You didn’t have to be rude. You weren’t going to do anything.” Alice whispered coldly as she and the rest of my siblings approached.

“Whoa Alice is mad at Jazz? What did he do now?” Emmet boomed sitting in his jeep with Rosalie in the passenger’s seat.

“Oh nothing! But it seems we have another ‘complication’.” She snickered before sitting behind the wheel and backing out of the spot and speeding off towards home.

“Oh! New girl?” Bella grinned, leaning against Edward. Alice nodded her head and I just grimaced. There was no way that was possible. It couldn’t be. Could it?
♠ ♠ ♠
my newest Jasper Hale story. i really hope you guys like this! comments and subscriptions would be appreatiated!