Status: I'm Back!

My modern day Romeo happens to be a vampire. Who knew?

Dissappointment

“Hey! How was your first day?” Taylor, my best friend in Carolina, asked as we talked on the phone.

“Pretty good! You know typical normal stuff you see every day no matter what school you go to.” I responded, throwing my messenger bag on my desk and laid across my bed.

“So! Did you meet anyone that could replace me?” She faked a cry causing myself to burst into an uncontrollable fit of laughter.

“Ha-ha. No you’re irreplaceable Tay. I’ve met some cool people but none of them match up to you!” I laughed as she faked awed at me. We chatted a little bit longer until my mom called me for dinner. We said goodbye and hung up as I ran down the stairs towards the kitchen to help set the table. My mom handed me the plates as I walked around and put them in front of the chairs.

“Dani hurry! Me hungry!” my little brother Chad wailed from his chair across from where I usually sat. I rolled my eyes and put an empty plate in front of him before taking my seat. My dad followed suit and sat in his seat as my mom dished up the lasagna.

“So how was your first day?” my dad asked as my mom finally sat down so we could all eat.

“Pretty good.” I spoke playing with my lasagna before taking a huge forkful into my mouth.

“Danielle really! Cant you eat like a normal girl?” my mom scolded at the bite size I just ate. I jokingly shook my head no and continued to eat causing Chad to burst into giggles.

We finished eating while talking about our days. I told them all about my classes, which I found boring but oddly they found it exciting. We also chatted about new people I met and my mom wanted to ask me if there were any cute boys, which made my dad leave the room with his hands clasped over his ears and Chad making gagging noises from his seat. I finished telling my mother about my day as I grabbed all the dishes and put them in the sink so I could wash and Chad could dry. During that time Chad told everyone about his first day of kindergarten. He was so cute all excited for school and all! After I finished the dishes I bid my parents goodnight and ran up to my room for a good nights rest after the most hectic, exhilarating day of my life.

“Hey over here!” Jenna shouted as I got off the buss and started walking towards the school. I turned on my heel and saw her sitting with Emilie, Sam, and some other people I didn’t know against a red chevy impala. I smiled and walked over towards them and sat down next to Jenna.

“I went to your house this morning but the buss must have picked you up already. My parents gave me back my car so I can drive to school now, want a ride?”

“Yeah that be cool thanks!” I said standing up for the bell just rang practically when is at down. We walked off towards Literature while Sam and Emilie went towards the gym.

“Hey Danielle! How was your first day!” Alice bubbled as I sat next to her.

“It was okay. Extra attention though, not something I actually like.” I laughed. She nodded her head and zoned in as the teacher began his lesson.

He drowned on and on about Romeo and Juliet’s forbidden love. Yeah freaking right. I don’t even get why Shakespeare wrote this dumb play. I mean come on! This stuff really doesn’t happen in real life.

The bell finally rang and we all stood up to leave the room. He tried to talk over us but everyone pretty much left the room ignoring what he was saying. I waved goodbye to Jenna and went on through the rest of my day.

“Hey Danielle, want to sit with me in lunch?” Alice’s voice practically sang as I walked towards the lunchroom after my last morning class. I looked to my left and there she was standing right next to me. Oddly though I never remember her being right there, she must walk fast.

“Yeah sure that sounds good. Want to go grab lunch?” I asked pointing towards the lunch line. She nodded her head no saying how she had a huge breakfast and that she’ll find us a table. So I nodded my head and grabbed my lunch before scanning the room to find her sitting in the corner by herself, beckoning me forward with a wave of her hand.

Jaspers POV:

“Alice who are you waving to again?” I asked as I sat down next to her.

“But a better question may be why are you ‘eating’ by yourself and not with the rest of us?” I asked leaving back in my chair scanning the room. I heard Alice chuckle, probably aware of what I was doing.

“Oh just sitting with a new friend. Here she comes now!” she sang but there was really no need. I could smell her even before the words came out of Alice’s mouth.

“You didn’t…” I spoke whipping my head in circles before realizing it was her. I gripped the side of my chair as Alice laughed at me.

“Will you relax? You won’t do anything. And if you decide you are going to I’ll let you know.” She whispered as Danielle made her way over to the table.

“Hey Alice! Thanks for inviting me to sit with you. Oh and hi Jasper.” She said before sitting down next to Alice across from me. I quickly nodded my head to show I acknowledged her. I looked up at her and I could se the hurt in her eyes and the pure saddened emotion that rolled off her like waves in the Pacific.

For the remainder of lunch I kept my head down. I was ashamed. But I didn’t want to do anything stupid to disappoint my family. I cared about them too much to do that to them. Danielle and Alice chatted away as I stayed off in my own world. I could feel her once in a while look at me and my heart would flutter, wishing I could at least say something to her. But all I could think about was that crimson river that flowed through her.

I could easily lure her away to drink her blood. I could just picture it. One smile and poof, she’d be gone. I turned my face up to look at her and then I realized I couldn’t do it. Everything about her I just couldn’t put my finger on it. Like when she laughed her nose would scrunch up like a bunny or the way her eyes sparkled when she was thinking. Maybe it wouldn’t be that much of a harm to even socialize with, maybe even walk to chem. class together. I moved my point of vision to see Alice smirking. Damn it that Alice for being able to see the future. The bell rang and we all stood up to walk to class. Alice hugged Danielle goodbye before passing me and giggling. I just rolled my eyes at her and followed Danielle to the trash.

“Hello. Well we should be getting to chemistry.” I spoke, my southern twang slightly showing. A slow blush crept up to her cheeks as she nodded her head as we walked towards chem. Obviously I’m going to hell so I might as well go off in style.

“So how was your epic walk to chemistry?” Emmet asked as we ran through the forest looking for deer. They didn’t fully quench my thirst but with Danielle around I had to feed constantly.

“Alice told you huh?” I asked running faster and faster after the deer a few hundred yards away. Emmet nodded his head as we continued our trek. The deer ran off startled and we chased it. Within seconds we pounded. Poor deer had no chance. I drank the blood but still didn’t feel completely satisfied. Her scent kept running through my brain. I stalked off shaking my head before stopping and throwing a branch at a tree and watching it splinter into a thousand pieces.

“Whoa dude chill out. What’s up?” Emmet spoke walking towards me with his arms out in front of him, probably thinking I was going insane. But I was! He couldn’t see in my head and see how I felt.

“You don’t get it! I can’t get that scent out of my head! I can’t stop thinking about how much I want to drink her blood! It’s like the biggest temptation ever! But I can’t do it! I don’t want to disappoint Esme or Carlisle. I’m just more disappointed in myself. I keep thinking of ways I can kill her!” I roared throwing another branch at the tree and watching it splinter.

“Jasper, I really think you should talk to Edward.” Emmet patted my back as he walked off back towards the direction of the house. And I knew he was right.