Arianna Selenasdaughter

Arrival

The Ra’zac had patched up my wound as best they could. Not out of any kind of compassion – it went against everything in their nature. Seriously. They eat people. I wouldn’t do their master any good if I was dead though, would I?

As we traveled, my back began to slowly heal. And as it healed, I became a little bit stronger. I didn’t know where they thought they needed to get to, but I thought it was a bit of a hassle traveling without horses. They found it extremely irritating that I couldn’t keep up with them.

They switched off and on carrying me. When they went to sleep during the day, they tied me up to the nearest tree, so that I couldn’t escape. I slept at night when they carried me. After what seemed like weeks of traveling like that, they came upon a clearing near the Ninor River.

When I saw two giant dragon-looking beasts descending, I struggled to get away. The silver flask that was on the one’s shoulder that I was struggling with fell to the ground. It didn’t bother picking it up but handed me off to the other one while he climbed up and sat. Then I was tossed up like a bag of flour. No matter how much I struggled, I couldn’t get down. And I didn’t want to after we were in the air. I wasn’t suicidal after all.

I didn’t pay attention to much until they began to land. We’d arrived in Urû’baen. The Ra’zac dismounted, then lugged me down. We walked through the king’s courts, and curious onlookers, mostly guards, peered out at us.

I imagined that the Ra’zac were frequent visitors to the capital, so I guess it was just me that was receiving the curious stares. One of the two guards near the door shouted up at the guards above them, and the huge double doors opened up. I was ushered through. At the end of the room, sitting on a huge throne, was Galbatorix.

My mental images hadn’t prepared me well enough. I began to shake, but the Ra’zac took no notice and continued to push me forward. When we reached him, the Ra’zac bowed.

“Master,” they cooed in their hissing voice.

I did not bow. I stood and glared at him. My wrists were bound. Shame, I would’ve loved to punch him in the face for all the injustices he’s committed. He turned his attention to me, not returning the Ra’zac’s words in kind.

“Tell me about Eragon and the stone,” he commanded of me.

I continued to glare at him. “No.” The word came out strong and forceful, despite the shakiness I felt in my legs.

He glared back at me, and motioned one of his guards forward.

“Take her to the dungeons. No food or water. She’ll break soon enough.”

The guard grabbed me roughly by the arm and took me to the dungeons, pushing me roughly inside. I looked at the gray stone prison I was going to become very acquainted with and sighed. Thinking of Eragon gave me strength. I will not break, I told myself.

Even if I didn’t have Eragon to protect, I’d have told myself the same thing. What better way to spite Galbatorix than by keeping my knowledge from him?
♠ ♠ ♠
I realized after I wrote this that the Ra'zac had infact bought horses in the book. My bad. And the chapters are coming out quickly because they're already written - I'd been posting them solely on fanfiction.net, but realized that my poor mibba account was lonely, so I decided to post here too.