‹ Prequel: Deathly Kisses...
Sequel: My Secret...
Status: Slow Updates

Never Forget...

"We're surprising her damn it"

It felt like forever being alone in this apartment, that is till I heard two awfully familiar voices howling with laughter. Voices I hadn't heard since High school, voices of two good friends of mine that I haven't seen since they both moved away.

"Ralphy knock it off, we're surprising her damn it." I heard the familiar voice of my old friend Leon snip.

"Don't tell me what to do, Leonardo!" Ralphy retorted and I could almost sense a brawl. I decided to ruin their surprise and open the door widely, causing them both to jump back.

"Damn it, see what you've done!" Leon growled and shoved passed Ralphy to me.

"Hey it's all good, it's just as much of a surprise as it would have been if you knocked!" I squealed and jumped in Leon's arms, he picked me up and twirled.

"Show off." Ralphy mumbled, finally Leon put me down and I went to examine Raphael's changes.

"Stubble?" I examined while lightly tapping his beard.

"My wing man has to bring some form of ladies." Leon chuckled causing Raphael to glare.

"I bring loads of ladies! What are you talking about?" Ralphy retorted with narrowed eyes.

"If you both didn't talk so much about ladies and getting some, I'd swear you two were gay." I pointed out causing them both to stiffen up and give me a horrified expression.

"Nikole, that isn't for us." Leon sternly corrected, while Ralphy went inside my apartment and straight to the fridge.

"So this is where you live now? And with crappy food." Ralphy made a disgusted face.

"Ah don't look in the freezer, Nick doesn't eat meat." I mumbled and turned my attention back to Leon. Leonardo was thee hottest guy in school, Raphael never really stood a chance against this tall dark haired brilliant bright blue eyed guy. Although Ralphy didn't look half bad with his bright caramel colored eyes, they both were too pale in my opinion but not like I could talk.

"So where is the man we've all heard about?" Leon started conversation as we slowly went inside my apartment.

"Oh he's busy at the moment, sadly." I frowned and turned away.

"Well shit, how are we supposed to act like the older brothers that we aren't if he isn't even around?" Ralphy cried from the kitchen.

"I'm surprised you're even paying attention to anything other than the food you're randomly shoving in your mouth! Hey, that was supposed to be my leftovers for dinner." I cried out but not that Ralphy cared.

"I curse him with fatness, but it seems like that isn't working." Leon chuckled as he looked Ralphy up and down like a brotherly figure.

"You two are very shocking creatures all in itself." I mumbled and returned my gaze to Leon.

"Hey, not like you can talk. Remember in high school, all the girls around hated you, I mean absolutely hated you?" Leon reminded with a howl of laughter.

"Yes, but that was also because of... my weight." I mumbled while staring down at my hands.

"You know why we decided to talk to you the most, instead of them right?" He continued with sincere eyes.

"Why?" I replied with a huff. I was always curious as to why they talked to me, the fat twin of a beautiful gorgeous Madeline Islay, cheerleader as well as one of the most popular girls in school.

"Because you weren't always drooling, or trying hard, or anything like that. Made us comfortable." He sheepishly admitted.

"Made you comfortable? Well had you guys ever thought about how you made me uncomfortable? Here I am, a fat ass, trying to slip by every day high school petty drama not wanting to get involved instead trying to read up on my studies and pray that those four lousy years of my life would pass by like a dream. Then you two showed up, cheating off my answers in Chemistry, copying my English Essays and claimed you did them first till I gave in, started talking to you both, and then what did I do?" I reminisced.

"Err..." Ralphy groaned from the kitchen causing both Leon and I to laugh.

"You started doing our work for us." Leon sheepishly answered with red cheeks.

"Yes, and so the excuse of making you feel comfortable, not trying hard, not drooling or anything of the sort is a load of bull spit, Leonardo." I snipped while crossing my legs.

"That or we just knew which Caterpillar to befriend because one day it would be very gorgeous and may I say you did not disappoint what's so ever miss Butterfly." He used a weird sexy accent that made me shift in my seat.

"Do you mind, Leon?" I snapped and tapped his nose while standing up. "Stop hitting on the hired help."

"Hired help? Pssh. We never paid you to do our reports, so confess Miss Islay, why did you write those reports for us?" He questioned while standing up and sending me a very satisfied look.

"Not sure." I shrugged with a smile knowing Leon wouldn't give up.

"I think you liked our attention, even if you deny it." He mused.

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't." I shrugged again.

"Did you ever like one of us?" He inquired with more depth behind his eyes.

"Does it matter?" I retorted with my arms cross over my chest now.

"I'm just curious." He chuckled while stepping forward.

"What kind of question is that anyways? You both know you're the hottest guys in that school, even probably to this day." I answered without really answering.

"Yes or no, Nikki." He pressed on with a grin.

"Yes." I shrugged, letting my hands drop to my sides. "But I wasn't about to tell you guys back then."

"Why not?" Raphael abruptly asked from the kitchen.

"Because, that would've been embarrassing." I frowned and looked away.

"How so?" Leon insisted with furrowed brows.

"You two could have anyone in the school, but you wouldn't want me because I was fat, ugly, and a loser. So why would I embarrass myself anymore? And why are we even discussing this? Can we move on from the past people!" I laughed at my own irony, telling them to move on was like telling myself to move on.

"Alright but answer one last question!" Leon continued caused me to groan.

"What now?" I hissed through gritted teeth.

"Who did you like more, me or Ralphy?" He widely smiled.

"So since I don't have much food in the apartment, who wants to go out and eat?" I suggested with a wide smile causing Leon to narrow his eyes.

"Don't think this is the last I will ask." He chuckled as we all headed towards the door.

"Umm mind if I change first?" I suggested while looking down at my sweat pants, and baggy shirt.

"Naw it reminds me of high school." Leon teased causing me to grimace. I turned on my heel with a shake of my head and immediately started for my room to shower and change.
♠ ♠ ♠
Dun dun dun, two new characters. :) I told you all that this story will start bringing up family members, and the past of people haha