Behind The Searcher

Sinners and Saints

Snow had fallen heavily overnight, and when I awoke a chilling northern was cutting me through to my bones. Salvarsar had retreated to the furthest reaches of the cave, around a corner that shielded him from the icy wind. Of course, even then it reached its fingers around the bend and reminded him of its presence. I pulled myself to my feet and joined him. Even partially sheltered from the weather, it was freezing.

When I was exiled, the cold was still trapped under autumn’s thumb, only to be let out after nightfall. Now, winter had passed and spring was awoken, but today belonged to winter.

Salvarsar attempted to make a fire to heat our numb bodies, but winters fingers snuffed out the sparks every time it took.

“We must keep warm if we wish to stay alive. Come here,” He commanded, gesturing for me to sit beside him. I did, albeit grudgingly. We leaned our sore backs against the stone wall behind us. He opened his coat, and surrounded us both with it. I jumped when he did, and was about to protest, but his body heat radiated towards me, warming me in an instant. I kept silent.

“Your skin is like ice,” he shivered.

“So I’ve been told.”

He laughed shakily, and adjusted the coat around our huddled forms. We sat in silence for a few minutes, before he spoke hesitantly.

“Why did you get exiled from your clan? I do not understand.”

My cold heart beat faster in my chest. I said nothing.

“You said before that it was a misunderstanding, but I do not see how a simple misunderstanding can result in near death.”

He looked at me, searching for an answer. An answer I would not give him. Of course I would not tell; he would not understand. If he knew, he would join the mob of old acquaintances thirsting for my death.

No, I would not tell him. The only humans capable of understanding the reasons behind what I did are the other twisted souls like me. Souls who murder and rape. Souls too far into the perverse abyss of destruction to be salvaged.

For now, my crime remains my secret.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one took a while. Hopefully it's alright :3

Also, I apparently have three subscribers, but I've only heard from one. I wanna know who you lovely people are! Comment, ghost subscribers, comment!=)