Behind The Searcher

Death and the Despicable

“All the great powers in the world are blood-suckers and soul-stealers at heart. And we must serve them. All of us. Serve them to our dying day.”

- - + - -

Death and I have a strange relationship. In some aspects, I am merely another broken soul among the rest of humanity that belongs to him for eternity. In others, I own him. Death can only take from this world, but I can bring life to and from the worlds at will. Of course, I started out human, while Death was always a different type of creature. He was designed for his job, while I created a job to suit my urges.

I leave Death to his devices, and he leaves me to my own, sick ways. I could hypothetically overthrow him, but I have to need to. Perhaps in a thousand years, if this world begins to bore me.

I could overthrow Death, but higher forces might stop me from doing so. I don’t know if there is a god, or gods. I am just as clueless as you humans. I know that there is something, as Death has existed every since there first was life. Death, however natural he is, had a little help starting out.

Death knows exactly how it all began. He knows absolutely everything. Countless times I have interrogated him, pestered him, pleaded with him. I have asked him all of the questions that plague human’s minds. Well, the ones who don’t already think they know everything.

It’s been a couple hundred years since I last tried to get the truth out of him. I’ve come to peace with my ignorance. I’m not sure what Death thinks of me, but I think he gets a grim satisfaction from my uncertainty. Ultimately, he respects me more than any other being that I know of. Perhaps he feels a strange kinship towards me, as we are both the only ones of our kind. Or maybe he despises me for that very reason.

Death is the harvester of souls. He gently squeezes their spirit, tests to see if they are ripe. He then plucks them from this world, and carries them to the next. I am the one soul that Death will not take. I have tried to move on to the next world, but he would never allow me. I am not worthy to cross over. I can transport souls freely, but I am unable to let myself go on.

I will be stuck here, between worlds, forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's been awhile.
It's been insane for me.

Should I keep the quote? It's from one of my all time favourite books, The theif of Always, a sick, sick book which I ADORE. 8D

I would LOVE to hear from all three of you xD

Also, eternal lurrrve for Kayzi. THANK YOUUU. You're the reason I'm still doing this xP