Sequel: Run to You
Status: Finished, at long last!

I'll Take the Shot for You

Chapter Twelve

David Jost sat at his desk with his hands on his forehead. He didn’t know what to do. He was feeling so helpless. He looked at a news paper. The headline read:

TOKIO HOTEL IN DANGER!

Inside was an article detailing every event that had taken place. And even the most recent. Gordon was attacked. Jost had a gut feeling that these attacks were meant to do more than hurt Tom. Who was to be next? Why was Tom being attacked? A noise outside the door startled Jost into a bolt upright position. A shadow passed overhead. The doorknob creaked and wobbled, almost turning, his heartbeat racing pounding in his chest, and then….

Delia, Jost’s secretary, poked her head in the door.

“Would you like me to bring your car around, Mr. Jost?” She asked, in her Swedish accent. Jost nodded and stood up. He walked over to his water jug and poured himself a glass. He smiled, thinking of the vodka bottle that he had waiting for him at home. He shrugged into his coat and left the office.

His Audi was parked out front, waiting on him. He slid into the leather interior and put it in drive. He drove slowly, thinking of Bill. He passed the hospital and felt a part of his heart die off and sink to the bottom of his stomach. That hospital had already housed two members of the band he managed. And as a manager he felt like he was failing. He was like an on road father to those boys. He knew everything about them. A stop-light was fast approaching. Jost tapped the breaks and slowed to a stop. Bill’s BMW had the brakes clipped. He was glad that no one had clipped his breaks. He crossed the highway once the light was green. His phone rang. Jost put it on speaker phone.

“Hallo?” Jost said.

“The Sinner is going to pay, and your dues are next. Get ready…” A raspy male’s voice said. Jost felt the blood freeze in his veins as the line went dead. He had been getting those phone calls, everyday since Gordon’s attack. And that was a week ago. No one knew about them, not even Tom. The poor guy had more to worry about. Everyday the voice would say get ready and nothing would happen. Jost turned in his driveway and walked into his house.

He froze.

There was a fire in the fire place and the shadow of a man sitting in at the chair on the hearth rug. Jost straightened up.

“You are intruding in a private residence.” He said. The shadow stood and reeled on Jost. He had clumpy red hair and smelled horribly. He cocked his head, grinning with rotted teeth. Jost took a step back.

“Intruding? That’s a crime here? Tell me…does that law count with my niece?” he said. He had vodka on his breath, the stench grabbed hold of Jost like a noxious gas. He couldn’t breathe. The man stepped closer. Jost looked at him closer. He had dried blood and car oil all over him. He was wearing a gun holster. Jost knew. He didn’t know how, but he knew that this man was the man responsible for all of the attacks.

“Leave…me…and…Tom ALONE!” Jost said, shakily. The man threw his head back and laughed and laughed, the vodka on his breath choking Jost as he did. The man stepped closer to him. Step, step, step… stop. He was face to face with the most vile man he had every face. And in his line of work he dealt with some slimy people.

“You’re dues are now. The Sinner will pay.” The man said.

“What dues? What has Tom done to you?” Jost asked, taking another step back.

“My niece. Kiri. My Kiri! HE DISRUPTED HER!” The man bellowed. “HE RAPED HER! SHE WAS PURE! SHE WAS PERFECT!” He seethed.

Jost backed away once more. “I-I-I…Tom wouldn’t…he’s not…a…look…just go. Please? I- I won’t…p-p-press charges…” he stuttered.

“PRESS CHARGES? I WILL DO WORSE TO YOU! I WILL NOT LEAVE UNTIL THE SINNER HAS BEEN BURIED!” He lunged.

The last thing Jost remembered was the shining steel of a knife, the pain of being kicked with steel toed boots and having vodka poured on the wounds. The man used his phone to call the ambulance. Then, he left.

Kenneth pulled his bike out of the bushes and fled the scene before the ambulance arrived. Jost was a nice man. He really was. All of the Sinner’s friends were nice, it seemed. He regretted everything. The Hero who had gotten in the way! If she hadn’t…this was her fault…and she had to pay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Once again, Kiki's name is now Kiri. Don't be confused.

Comments?