Sequel: Run to You
Status: Finished, at long last!

I'll Take the Shot for You

Chapter Fifteen

Lyra gritted her teeth. The old man’s scent upset her delicate nose. She was filled with hope, though. Tom was coming to get her. She missed him, so much. The memory of his scent filled her memory and blocked out the rancid odor of clotting cheese and blood. She heard humming coming from the other room. Then she heard the click of a gun. The sound echoed in her mind and stabbed her dead in the heart. Tom wasn’t coming to save her. He was coming to die. She screamed into her gag. The old man came running in.

“Shut up, you stupid brat.” He hissed. Lyra continued to scream, she felt tears beginning to form in her eyes as the thoughts of Tom lying dead before her flashed in her brain. The man stomped up to her, snatched her up by her hair, so that his face was eye level with hers. She turned away and sobbed.

“LOOK AT ME!” He shouted. Lyra cringed away, repulsed. A knock at the door startled the man and he dropped Lyra, hard on the floor.

“Enter.” He said gruffly. Lyra closed her eyes in fear.

Tom rested his hand on the door knob and breathed out. He stiffened up and entered. He saw Lyra immediately and went to her. He removed the gag and unbound her arms and ankles. She threw her arms around him and started crying. Tom patted her back and told her that it was for the best.

“Tom, n-n-no p-p-pleas-se, don’t d-do th-this! I l-l-love y-you!” She cried. As soon as she said it, Tom heard a wicked laugh coming from behind him.

“Is that what he told you? You believe that this Sinner can love?” The man said.

Lyra stood in front of Tom protectively. “I don’t care what you do to me, but you will not harm the man I LOVE!” she shouted.

“Did he say this before or after he got what he wanted out of you? Did he get laid because of you?” The man laughed.

Tom bawled his fists.

“You know, Sinner. My niece thought the world of you. Kiri is her name. I don’t expect a sinner such as you to remember a soul so vulnerable, soft, and sweet.” He said.

Tom racked his brains for that name. Kiri…then it hit him. The curvy read head from last summer. She was somewhat of a slut, to Tom. She had thrown herself at Tom to begin with. One drink lead to another and a kiss lead to another and then it was all a sweaty blur to Tom.

“Kiri was a slut.” Tom spat. This angered the man. He pulled out his gun and shot at the ground.

“She was an angel! She was pure!” The man said, waving his gun around like a maniac.

“Ein hure!” Tom said. He threw Lyra to the ground. The man took another shot; this one hit Tom in the leg. Tom screamed with pain and dropped to the floor. Lyra crawled to him and put her hands on Tom’s gunshot wound. Tom pushed her aside and glared at the man.

“IDENTIFY YOURSELF!” Tom demanded.

“KENNETH WAYNE PILOT! YOU RAPED MY NIECE, YOU SINNER! YOU WILL PAY!” He bellowed, and cocked his gun, aiming for Tom’s face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tom is such a fool. What will happen in the final installment of "I'll Take the Shot for You"? Tune in next time and find out!

Comments?