Sequel: Run to You
Status: Finished, at long last!

I'll Take the Shot for You

Chapter Sixteen

Bill prayed that his brother was alright. Tom had left his phone in his room, so that Bill couldn’t track him. Bill crawled on Tom’s bed, wearing one of his zipper sweatshirts, clutching his hat, just crying. Bill knew that in his heart, that Tom was still alive. He wasn’t mourning Tom’s loss. He was mourning the fact that he couldn’t do anything to help him. His brother meant the world to him, if he were taken from him, who would he have? No one, not a soul. No one had a soul like Tom’s. And if Tom were to die, Bill would die right along with him.

Lila watched Bill from the doorway. She shared his pain. Her twin was not here with her, and neither was his. She knew that Bill loved Tom with every fiber of his being, and she knew that he loved her just as well. She also knew that Tom loved her sister, and would do anything for her, even if it meant putting his life on the line. Tom probably felt that it was only fair to Lyra, even though he knew that it wasn’t fair to Bill. But, she guessed, it was worth the sacrifice. Bill respected that. He’d do anything for the ones he loved. Lila wiped her own tears away and left the room, unable to watch Bill suffer any more.

“Tom, I hope your okay.” Lila sighed.

Tom watched his life flash before his eyes. He thought of all the stupid movies he’d seen about guys in similar positions, begging for their lives and trying to talk it through with the maniac with the gun, intended to kill you. Tom had more dignity than that. He knew that Bill would die over this, but Tom couldn’t let his family get hurt anymore over him. Tom straightened up.

“Just, do it already.” Tom said shakily.

“The Sinner is scared, yet trying to be brave. Ha! Do you take me for a fool, Mr. Kaulitz?” Kenneth said.

Tom shook his head and looked up. “Are you going to keep waving that in my face?” Tom said indicating the gun. Kenneth lifted the gun up and aimed. Lyra got up and jumped on Tom, just as a second bullet left the chamber of the gun. Tom watched her blood mix with his on the floor. A crimson puddle formed on the floor around him. Kenneth became angry. He didn’t want to hurt the Hero, but he had. He kept shooting, but she kept pulling the Sinner this way and that way, dodging every bullet. Soon he ran out and had to reload.

“You will pay!” Kenneth shouted. The sound of a gun clicking into place from behind him chilled his bones to the core.

“For what, exactly, Uncle Kenneth?” A cold voice said. Kenneth turned and looked. Kiri stood behind him, holding a pistol, ready to shoot. “Why are you doing this, Kenny?” she asked.

Tom held Lyra close to him as he tried to ignore the pain in his left leg. Kenneth pointed at Tom. “He raped you. He needs to pay.” He said.

Kiri laughed in spite. “He did not! You are just angry that he had me before you did!” she said, cocking the pistol. Kenneth mumbled and stumbled incoherently. Kiri laughed so coldly, it ran chills up Tom’s spine. “You are a liar! I remember what you did to me as a little girl! You were only pissed off that Tom gave me what you wanted to give me since I was five! I only cried to you because he never called, he didn’t rape me!” she shouted.

Kenneth moved toward Kiri, her finger twitched on the trigger, making aloud BANG, sending bits of skull and the brains of a twisted man flying everywhere. Tom was covered, as was Kiri and Lyra. Kenneth Wayne Pilot laid dead on the floor, covered in shame. And the thing that got Tom was, no one would ever know who he was.

Kiri called an ambulance and the police. She told them it was self defense, and Tom and Lyra had the gun shots to prove her story. Bill was so relieved that Tom was okay. But it would be a long time before Tom would ever be okay again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah! No one expected that, now did you?

Comments?