Sequel: Run to You
Status: Finished, at long last!

I'll Take the Shot for You

Chapter Four

Lyra was drifting in a sea of numbness. She didn't know where she was. She didn't remember any of the events that took place after she lost consciousness on Tom Kaulitz's legs.

Somewhere in the distance, Lyra heard a faint beeping noise. She tried to move her hands to cover her ears, but found that she could not move. She looked around. It was then that she realized that she was not even on Earth. The strange place she was in, felt like no place she had ever been. The room was dark, but she could still see.

Lyra tried to speak. Her mouth wouldn't function, however. She tried to move, but failed.
What is going on? Lyra thought. She heard her thoughts as though she had spoken them out loud.
Why can't I move?Her mind asked. Where am I?

Everything was silent and still. The beeping in the distance continued, growing louder and louder, with every second passed. Lyra felt herself slipping downward, falling faster, she couldn't catch her breath. It felt like hours had passed before she stop falling. She hit whatever bottom there was. The beeping sound was no longer distant, in fact, it sounded like it was right next to her.

Lyra tried to open her eyes again. She couldn't. She tried to speak once more. She wasn't surprised at all when she failed to do so. She heard voices all around her.

“Lyra, sister, you have to wake up! Please wake up!” One voice said. It was her sister, Lila. She sounded scared and worried. Her voice was filled with the sound of tears. She had been crying. Lyra didn't know why. She was right in front of her, she could hear her just fine.

“You saved my life. I don't know why, but you did. When you wake up, I want to take you back to Germany with me.” said a heavily accented voice. She recognized it immediately. Tom Kaulitz was speaking to her.

I didn't want you to die! Lyra wanted to say.

Another voice spoke to her. “Lyra, my name is Bill. You saved my brother's life. How can I ever repay you?” It said. It was the angelic voice of Bill Kaulitz.

Are you kidding me? Your brother and you have saved my life many times! She thought.

Lyra felt an arm wrapping around her shoulder and a weight on her chest. Then she heard sobbing. Tears leaked onto her.

“Please! Lyra! You have to wake up! I need you!” Her sister's voice was pleading.

Lyra was getting annoyed. She could hear them! She didn't understand why they were talking to her like she was dying. Was she?

Tom spoke again. “Du bist schön.” She felt a rough hand on top of hers. She felt her sister's weight being lifted off of her chest. Then, she heard. Bill's voice and her sobbing drifting further and further away, until she could no longer hear them. The hand that covered hers remained in place. She knew that Tom was still there. If only she knew where there was.

She felt his fingers stroke her hand, and she heard soft sobbing. Was Tom Kaulitz crying? Why?
She felt something warm against her right cheek. The warmth was mixed with cold metal. In an instant, the feeling was gone, and she heard a voice in her ear.

“Du bist schön.” It said. “Please wake up. I have to thank you.”

She felt her hand being lifted into the air, and she felt the same warmth mixed with cold metal against her hand. She felt her hand fall softly on to the...bed? Was she...?

I AM! Lyra screamed inside her head. She quickly understood that she was in the hospital. She instantly knew why everyone who spoke around spoke as if she weren't there. The truth was, she wasn't. Not consciously. She was trapped in her own body.

In the time it took Lyra to register this information, she no longer felt Tom's presence by her side. Lyra wanted to cry, but she didn't know if she could. She waited in the silent compounds of her mind until the time came for her to rejoin the world she no longer felt apart of.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay. This may not be the best chapter in this story. I do not know what being in a coma is like. I have heard that comatose paitents can hear and feel what is going on around them and that is what I tried to depict here.

Anyway...
Comments and subscriptions are just as wanted as Tokio Hotel...
Bitte?

This chapter goes to TomiBear.