Sequel: Run to You
Status: Finished, at long last!

I'll Take the Shot for You

Chapter Six

Gustav Schäfer was walking to his brand new shiny black Audi, when a shadow crept by out of the corner of his eye. Gustav shrugged it off and preceded to open his car door. He heard a puddle splash from behind him. His muscles got tense. He turned around and a man was standing there, hold a taser gun. The man looked like a hot mess. Gustav could smell him from where he was standing.

There wasn't much time to react. The man charged at Gustav and jabbed the taser at his side. The electricity ran up and down his spine and through his legs. Gustav went down instantly.

One taser shot wasn't enough for this man. He kept on attacking Gustav, until he lost consciousness. The last thing Gustav heard was the man's maniacal laughter.

Tom was asked to leave the hospital. Apparently visiting hours were over. He walked outside near the ambulances. A young man was being unloaded and carted off inside. Tom thought that the man looked familiar. He did a double take.

The man had blonde hair and unforgettable face.

“GUSTAV!” Tom shouted and made a mad dash into hospital. An EMT pushed Tom back and told him that Gustav was in bad shape.

“What do you mean? What happened to him?” Tom demanded.

“He was shot with a taser gun. He can't move, but he'll live.” the EMT said. “When he recovers, he'll be able to move again.” He added, after seeing Tom's fear stricken face. Tom sighed with relief. Tom couldn't handle the loss of one of his very best friends since childhood. Losing Gustav would almost be like losing Bill.

A familiar voice caught Tom off guard. “TOM!” It said. Tom spun around and saw Georg Listing darting towards him.

“Georg, what is going on? What happened to Gustav?” Tom asked. Georg sighed and shook his head. He didn't know. Georg had found him in the parking lot next to his car.

Georg was hiding a secret from Tom, one of his best friends. In his pocket, he concealed a note from Gustav's attacker. The note was written in Gustav's blood.

It said:

“One down, three to go.”

The note chilled Georg to the core. Someone else was going to get badly injured. Georg feared for his life and the lives of his friends. The note was signed “KWP”. Who ever he was, Georg knew that he would be a dangerous man. And Georg was quite sure that whoever he was, that he was the one who tried to shoot Tom. But why? Tom had his flaws. Georg thought. But who would want him dead?

Kenneth Wayne Pilot watched as the man with brown hair called the paramedics. Kenneth knew who he was. He was closely affiliated with the Sinner.

Georg Listing.

Kenneth watched and concealed a smirk as Georg read his little note. He looked so scared. Kenneth knew that Gustav would be taken to the same hospital that Tom was at. And he knew what Tom would do. He would be killed inside. And that was exactly what Kenneth wanted. He wanted the Sinner to suffer for his sins before Kenneth took his life.

Kenneth left when the police came. He walked back to his battered up Pacer and drove home. He smiled, satisfied with himself. The Sinner's friend's blood stained his hands. Soon, the Sinner's blood would do the same thing. Kenneth had to be patient and plan out his next move carefully. Another attack would be made soon. But not soon enough, Kenneth thought. He had to wait until Tom left L.A. He knew where he was going next. He would be heading home to Germany. And that was where Kenneth would attack next.
♠ ♠ ♠
This goes to my Twinnie. And for those who don't know who she is...she is Ich.WerdeFliegen.Weg. If you like my stories...read hers! Especailly INSTANT STAR
Oh, and COMMENT HERS!

And mine, Bitte?