Status: complete.

Everything I've Ever Wanted

i wish i would have told you it was okay

The soft whispering woke me up the next morning, along with a pounding headache and a mouth as dry as cotton. I was sadly alone in the bed curled up in Tony's sheets without him. I immediately wanted to cry and throw myself onto the floor and scream because nothing had changed. He had taken care of me last night, holding me and helping me fall asleep but he left before I woke up. I refused to open my eyes because the room was already too bright behind my pink eyelids. The glow that came from the window was making my headache increase with each second and the worse it got, the more I regretted how much I drank the night before.

"Molly, wake up," Tony whispered, his voice the one that had woken me up just moments before. I shook my head, a bad idea, and winced as the pain exploded in my head. I whimpered softly as his hand rested on my shoulder, his lips pressing against my cheek softly. "Baby, you need to eat and drink something, you'll start to feel better."

"I'm never drinking again, or getting out of bed." I huffed to him, trying to roll over, but keep my head from falling off as I did so. Tony grabbed me from the bed though, scooping me up and replacing my pillow with his shoulder. It was a decent trade off because he was warm just like the bed was. He had a sweatshirt on along with a hat on his head as he brought me downstairs of the quiet house. I looked down at the living room floor, smiling sheepishly at him.

"Joey cleaned it up," he grinned at me, setting me in one of the kitchen chairs.

"Oh. Then I don't feel so bad." We both shared a soft laugh before he set a plate in front of me filled with toast and eggs.

"Protein; it's good for you," he winked at me as I took a bite of the toast, sighing as my stomach relaxed once the tiny bit of food was starting to settle in. Tony was right, I did need to eat. I hadn't noticed over the terrible pounding of my head how hungry I was. Throughout breakfast, Tony watched me like a father watching his child, making sure I ate it all, but didn't look like I was going to throw it all back up. He made me suck down two glasses of water, not letting me get up to even go to the bathroom before I finished at least one. When breakfast was done, we both leaned back in our chairs, stuffed with food and in my case, drowning in water.

"Do you want something for your head?" He asked me. I gave him a thumbs up knowing that nodding probably wouldn't be the best thing for me. He grabbed the bottle of pills, giving me three before he gave me another glass of water. I glared at it, but used it to take the pills. I placed the glass of water back on the counter, rubbing my temples with my pointer and middle fingers.

"How do you feel?" He whispered sympathetically.

"Like shit."

"I figured. Let's go back to bed." He murmured, grabbing me and carrying me up the stairs again.

"I could get used to this," I sighed in his arms, wrapping mine around his neck, my head resting on his shoulder. He chuckled softly, turning sideways through his bedroom door.

"Don't. It only happens on special occasions."

"Really? Like when?"

"The days I love you, also known as the days that end in y." He gave me a kiss on the nose and laid me back in his bed. He tucked me in, keeping me warm and toasty in his covers while he sat up, talking to me about anything that crossed his mind. I started to drift off as he retold me a story from one of Mario's games that he had attended, how he snipped the top corner, going crossbar and down in overtime to beat one of their schools biggest rivals. I smiled lazily at him as he brought my hand up to his lips, kissing it softly before doing the same to my forehead.

"I have to go to a team meeting right now. I'll be back in a bit. But if you need me, call me, I'll come home." He whispered as I drifted to sleep. I attempted to nod, but failed, instead making a soft murmur of approval. He chuckled before placing one more kiss to my lips, "I love you." A smile tugged at my lips, his hand running over my face before he stood up and left the room. I drifted back to sleep quickly, the door shutting the last thing I registered.

I awoke again to Tony softly closing the door, his hair wet from the shower he just took while the only thing around his waist was a towel. He padded across the floor to his closet, pulling out a shirt and a different pair of jeans, my favorite that hugged his- Oh. My. God. Tony dropped his towel, having no idea I was sitting up behind him with my eyes wide open. My mouth dropped open. With our time apart, I had forgotten how damn good Tony's butt looked. I licked my lips and put a smirk on them as he turned around, sadly pulling his boxers up.

"Holy fuck!" Tony jumped when he laid his green eyes on me. He blushed immediately as I giggled at him, my shoulders shaking up and down. "I'm sorry, I had no idea you were awake." He smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. He exhaled a strangled breath and shook his head, pulling his jeans on.

"Oh no, it's alright. I liked it." I flicked my tongue at him. He shook his head at me, pulling a t-shirt over his head and his zip up brown sweatshirt. He joined me on the bed, snuggling into my stomach with his face. He pulled my shirt up, blowing against my skin and making me giggle. "Stop." I pushed at his head and he did what I asked, exchanged the noises for soft kisses that went to the waistband of his sweats. "Hey now, remember what you said. No sex."

"Ick. Did I really say that?" He wondered, his hands going to my hips and dipping beyond the waistband. His fingers snapped the strap of my panties, moving in between the band and my skin teasingly. His fingers started to move in and towards the center and I squirmed away, watching him give me an annoyed pout. "Babe, don't." He whined as I got off the bed.

"Yes, you can't play nice, and I have to shower."

"Oh! I didn't get clean enough!" He exclaimed, pulling his sweatshirt off in a haste. I turned around and placed my palms flat against his chest and looked up at him through my lashes.

"Tony, things aren't okay between us, and you and I both know sex won't make it better." That was a total mood killer for him as I intended it to be. He heaved a deep sigh, his bottom lip jutting out and blowing little tuffs of his hair up. I gave a sigh of my own and ran my fingers through his drying hair, roughing it up only to put it back into place. I placed a soft kiss on his cheek, giving him a small smile before I walked from the room.

I peeked behind me once in the hallway, seeing Tony sitting on his bed and looking down at the floor. He shook his head, and gripped the back of his neck like it hurt, wincing slightly. I shrugged, figuring he was the one who wanted the break and if he didn't like his rules, so be it. You have to live with the consequences, Tony. I padded down the hallway to the bathroom, knocking softly on the door. After getting no response I walked in, my mouth dropping open as I let out a loud yelp. Mike and Kara were full on in the nude, soaking wet after getting out of the shower. They continued to kiss, not even paying attention to me as I stood there mortified. I had now seen three people naked in the span of ten minutes. I closed my eyes and turned on my heel, muttering a quick apology and sprinted back to Tony's room.

"Oh my god. I definitely just saw Mike's butt." I muttered to Tony who was sitting on his bed reading one of his class books. He looked at me over the top of it, giggled and shaking his head.

"That's too bad. Maybe you need to see mine again." He suggested, getting ready to flash me.

"Do it and I'll take a belt to your bare skin."

"Fuck that would hurt."

I climbed back into his bed slowly, shifting around on my side of his bed, propping up my pillow as he went back to reading his book. All was quiet as I studied him, the way his hair had dried perfectly, his green eyes shining because of the exposure to the sun finally, the color popping with his outfit. I watched as he tugged his bottom lip into his mouth, nibbling on it before he let it fall back into place. He flipped the page, reading the next couple lines before he nervously glanced to me, thrown off by the way I was blatantly staring at him.

"Yes?" He finally asked, flipping his book closed and tossing it on the floor with a loud thump.

"Just drinking you in after being away," I smiled softly as he gestured for me to lay down. I did so on his chest, his arms holding me to him.

"I guess you probably want to talk huh?" He whispered to me. I nodded, not sure if that's what I really wanted, but it was for the best. I sighed and sat up, needing to put a little space between the two of us. He looked up at me, grabbing my hands in his and looking down at our fingers that were laced together.

"When I found out about what you went through, I was so upset and pissed at myself that first of all, you were ever in that position and second, that I didn't even notice. I should have, that was my fault for not. I should have picked up by how you didn't want to go to the doctor, how you weren't getting better, and how frightened you looked, but I never did. And when Jake told me about the scare, everything just fell into place. But then I started to think about it, and the more I thought about it, the more I imagined a little baby boy or girl and it freaked me out. I love kids, I really do, but the thought of having my own has always given me the creeps. But this time, it didn't when I thought about having babies with you. And that's what scared the shit out of me."

"I love you, Molly. I love you so much that it hurts, and it freaks me out. I'm terrified of my feelings for you and how strong they are. I'm scared that you have completely changed the way I think about relationships and love. I always thought cheating was acceptable because I was a hockey player and that's just what we did. But you came along and I just knew that there was no one else. No one else mattered as long as I had you in my arms and I had your love. But when you didn't tell me about possibly being pregnant, I felt like that was you telling me you didn't trust me enough to let me in. I felt like you shut the door on not only me, but our relationship in general, so I overreacted. None of the things I said were acceptable and I wish, I wish I could take them back because they hurt you so much. I wish I would have wrapped you in my arms instead of getting mad, and told you that it was okay. That even if that test was positive, you would always have me."

He stopped, brushing the tears from my cheeks and placing kisses on the soft skin that was now damp. He paused, just like he did when he retold the story of him and Dakota. He pursed his lips against the emotions brewing in his eyes, pulling himself together with a deep breath and an exhale.

"What I said was so wrong on so many levels and I've tossed and turned every night since I said that stuff to you. I've beaten myself up over it, pushing myself past my limits and re-injuring my wrist after taking so many slap shots. But none of that compares to the massive hole in my heart. I don't even care how much of my pride I am l swallowing right now because none of that means anything if I lose you. I can't lose you and God knows I never deserved you, but you chose me and I've done nothing but take you for granted."

He paused, closing his eyes before opening them again quickly. His hands came to my face, grabbing it along my jaw and smashing our lips together. He crashed me into his chest, kissing me like he would never have the chance to again. He took my breath away, stole it right from my lungs until my brain was buzzing from the lack of oxygen. My heart was bursting in my chest, the feel of his love felt in the way he held me and the way his lips pressed eagerly to mine. I grasped at the back of his neck, using it as an anchor to his body. He pulled away, gasping for breath before he pushed me back onto the bed, hovering over me and continuing to kiss me with no intention of stopping. Joyful tears slipped from my eyes, the feeling of his lips against mine making my heart ache in the happiest of ways. We both slowly pulled back, our lips staying connected as long as possible until we needed to bring air into our lungs.

"Stop blaming yourself. I messed up too. I blamed you for things that were unacceptable. I made you feel guilty for something that happened so many years before me. It was ridiculous for me to be upset about that. Yeah, it hurt that you actually did sleep with her, but we didn't even know each other. You can't change the past and neither can I. Being on this little break did help me see the light. I know that I can't keep wasting the time we have together being tentative and letting Dakota still rule over what I can and can't do. Fuck that. It's you and me baby, no one else."

Tony's eyes closed and he leaned down, nuzzling my neck before placing a soft kiss on my skin. He nipped at it lightly, collapsing onto the bed next to me. We both stared at each other, our eyes having a silent conversation that didn't require the moving of our lips. The loving looks were enough.

"Can we end this then?" I asked him, grabbing his face and pulling it towards me again.

"I'd really like that." He breathed out, his green eyes turning a shade darker. The look he was giving me made me shiver in response, but in the best way possible.

"Me too," I whispered. Our lips were about to touch once more when the door burst open and in came Joey. He grinned at us, an evil look in his eyes.

"Did I interrupt something?" He wondered, diving onto the bed and snuggling in between us. Tony squinted his eyes at him, telling him to get out of his room if he wanted to still be living here.

"Touchy, touchy." Joey grumbled. "But I did come in here for a reason. Your dad wants to talk to you and he doesn't look like a happy papa."

Tony and I shared a glance. He sighed softly, laying me down on the bed and giving me a quick kiss.

"I'll be right back." He muttered, climbing off the bed and walking out of the room, making sure to close his door behind him.

I stayed silent, trying to listen in on the conversation downstairs. I figured I probably knew what the conversation was about. Joyce probably informed Don about my scare and it would be obvious as to why Don Lucia wouldn't take that news very well. Tony was the captain of his father's team that alone gets him put on the radar, but to possibly knock up his girlfriend on top of it would not end well. I sighed and started to change back into my jeans, throwing on one of Tony's sweatshirts.

"Tony, you are the captain of a hockey team, you can't risk getting your girlfriend pregnant. How could you be so irresponsible?" Don's voice floated up the stairs to me. I pursed my lips, not wanting to feel the sting of his words.

"Dad, it's not like I tried to get her pregnant and she isn't. It's not a big deal." Tony told him, irritation evident in his words.

"It's not a big deal? Tony you almost had a kid dropped into your life. That would have messed up the rest of your time in college. You think you can party with a baby in the house?"

"Dad, the baby wouldn't have been here until after both of us graduated."

"Maybe, but what about when Molly has cravings or she needs her back rubbed and you're too tired to do it. And then when the baby is up all night, crying and nothing will settle it down. You're not ready to be a father and you dodged a bullet. But you need to consider slowing things down. I don't want any grandchildren from you until you're married and ready."

"What are you trying to say dad? What is your main reason for coming here because you're losing me with all this beating around the bush shit." Tony snapped at him, his voice louder. I could tell he was standing by the stairs, ready to walk away from his dad. I bit my lip, dragging it into my mouth.

"My point is maybe you shouldn't be in a relationship right now. You haven't been playing well and it puts me in a tough spot Tony. You need to focus on yourself right now, not a girlfriend who lied to you about something that important."

Ouch. His words stung as if someone had pricked my finger, a dull throbbing coming from the puncture in my heart. I sucked in a deep breath as Tony was silent downstairs. The door creaked open and Joey came in, sitting on the bed next to me.

"Why isn't Tony saying anything?" I asked him, tears pooling in my eyes.

"He can't say what he wants to say. That's his dad and his coach and if Tony opens his mouth he's going to start screaming and yelling obscenities at his dad and it's not going to end well. He won't be able to stop; he's got a bad temper sometimes. He can't defend you because he'll never stop." Joey squeezed me, falling quiet as Tony spoke.

"I don't care what you say about me. Tell me I'm an idiot and that I need to be more careful. But don't talk about her like that. Like she's some fucking gold digging whore who wants me for the name on the back of my jersey. Don't judge her like she's the girls I dated in high school because she's not, and I'm going to marry her someday. I love her. She loves me, and we're going to be together whether you're with it or not." Footsteps sounded on the stairs as Don called for Tony to get back downstairs and talk to him, but Tony muttered a fuck you under his breath that his dad couldn't hear, stalking into his bedroom and slamming the door shut. He was angry. His face was even redder than it was when he was yelling at me. The muscles in his neck were tight and the second we all heard the door shut downstairs, his top blew off.

"Who the fuck does he think he is! He has no right, absolutely no right to fucking say that stuff about my girlfriend. He is such a cynical asshole. And then he tells me I couldn't handle a kid. Fuck that! I could totally handle a kid because you know what!? That's what you do when you love someone! I'd love our baby more than anything, anything, and that includes hockey!" He stopped, taking in a deep breath before coming over to me and crouching in between my legs. "I'm sorry you had to hear that. He's just ticked at me because I'm not playing good and-."

"Because you could have gotten your girlfriend pregnant." I finished for him. He sighed loudly and shook his head yes. Joey had long since slipped from the room in the middle of Tony's tirade, leaving us to ourselves.

"He just doesn't think I'm making smart decisions with you. And I mean it, he's putting the blame on me. Not you." He wrapped an arm around my neck, giving me a soft smile. "But I'm going to get better at that. Starting right now, I'm going to make better decisions for us and in terms of hockey. Asshole Tony is gone. I promise." He assured me, scooping me up and sitting down on the bed with me.

"Good because I don't like him very much."

"Me either. He takes the things I love away from me." Tony murmured, his hands rubbing over my back as I snuggled into his body. All was quiet as the two of us laid together, our hands running over each others body until my stomach growled loudly. Tony and I both chuckled softly as he lifted both of us to a sitting position. "I hear you baby." He grinned down at me as we walked from the room. "How about we go to Annie's?"

"Are you asking me on a date Lucia?" I questioned, turning around as our feet hit the living room.

"I guess I am," he gave me a wicked grin.

"Hmm, well you know I don't put out on the first date..." I reminded him, repeating the conversation from our actual first date.

"Then it's a good thing this isn't our first." He growled at me, squeezing my butt in both of his hands before ushering me out of the house. Later that night, he showed me what he would have liked to do on our first date. And oh my damn would it have been worth being a slut for. People are right when they say make-up sex is the best kind.
♠ ♠ ♠
yaaaaaay :D no more break!
let me know what you think!
oh and by the way, I think I really like this chapter :)