Status: complete.

Everything I've Ever Wanted

we look good together

I anxiously sat in econ, staring at the hallway where my fellow classmates were walking in through the double doors. I bit my lip as the clock clicked closer to class time, Tony still not appearing. He had no real reason to miss class today seeing that hockey had ended on Saturday meaning the early morning workouts were done with also. It was sad to even think about that, how Tony would no longer give me a sweet kiss on the forehead before he left the house with the rest of his teammates at six in the morning. It made me want to cry for him, or at least hold him but lately, there had been none of that.

I hadn't seen Tony since he dropped me off at my house on Saturday night, his eyes still swollen and red from crying. I had left him with a soft kiss and a sweet message to call me if he needed me. It wasn't Tony who made me stay away from him; I choose the idea of distance because he needed time to process the end of his college career and to head down the road of moving on. He needed that time to be alone, and having to actually face the pain, feel the sting, rather than using me as a distraction from it all. Dealing with it in the future would only make it harder. But I missed my baby despite the texts we had been sending back and forth. I wanted him back in my arms, his head resting above my heartbeat as I threaded my fingers through his soft locks.

With the mentioning of my phone, I shuffled around for it in my purse, frowning deeper when I had no new messages. I pursed my lips as class started, Kara and I taking down notes on the latest lecture. I made sure to pay strict attention for Tony so he would feel as if he had been in class for the day. The 50 minute class flew by surprisingly quickly, but maybe that was because Tony wasn't there to distract me every other minute by tugging on my hair or putting his hand way too far up my thigh. I let out a deep sigh, shutting my laptop and packing up the rest of my stuff while Kara waited patiently.

"So where was Tony?" Kara wondered as we crossed the walk bridge that hovered over the Mississippi River.

"I'm not sure." I shrugged, not deeply concerned of the whereabouts of my boyfriend. "But I'm going to find out."

"I wish I could come." She pouted as we finally reached the main section of the massive campus. "I've got another class. I'll be at the house in an hour if you still are."

"Alright. It depends on Ton." I told her seconds before we finally parted.

I walked quickly across the campus to the hockey house, not even sending Tony a warning text that I was coming. I stepped foot on the now familiar street, pulling my lip into my mouth and chowing on the skin thoughtfully. I was sort of nervous about what I would find at the house. Would he be okay? Would he push me away like he was known to do? Would he get angry at me, blame the end of the season on me? I shuddered at the last one, shaking my head. For some reason I felt guilty, like I had been too much of a distraction for Tony to play to the best of his ability.

My hand wrapped around the brass door knob, twisting it and tugging it open. The house was silent as I stepped into the entry way, closing the door with a click that seemed too loud for the silence. I looked around, seeing the place surprisingly clean compared to the other times I had been here. I slipped my Converse off along with my backpack and walked towards the stairs. I tip toed up them, the steps barely creaking under my weight. Tony's door was shut tightly as I turned the corner, no light coming out from under the white door. I knocked softly, getting no response, so I pushed the door open.

I resisted the urge to let out a soft awe as I saw my boyfriend curled up to the pillow I normally slept on, his muscular upper half stuffed into the sweatshirt I loved to wear. The light from outside shone into his dark room due to the door I was holding open, casting it's glow right onto Tony's face as he stirred slightly. I shut the door, hoping to keep him asleep as I silently moved through the room. I made it to the bed, looking down at my tired baby boy, seeing the worry lines still evident on his face even while he was asleep. I leaned down, pressing my lips to his forehead, hoping to crease the worries away.

The pressure of my lips against his skin made him jump in his sleep, the unexpected contact frazzling his nerves a bit. His eyes snapped open and he squinted up at me, unable to tell who was sitting next to him. He rubbed at his eyes, blindly reaching for the glasses I held in my hand. He took the expensive frames from me, slipping them to rest perfectly on the bridge of his nose. He let out a quick exhale when he saw me, wrapping an arm around my waist and sweeping me back into his chest.

"I was hoping it was you and I wasn't just imagining things." He murmured, his nose buried in the crook of my neck as his lips brushed against it.

"I told you to call me if you needed me." I scolded him softly, my nails scratching against his scalp. He moaned as the tingling sensations made his body shake slightly. I smiled into his hair, pressing a kiss to the top of his head. "How are you?"

"I feel like shit." He sighed softly, sniffling.

"Aw baby," I cooed to him, trying to tilt his chin so I could kiss him. But he pulled away, shaking his head at me.

"No, babe, I'm actually sick." He chuckled softly, "and I'd like to save you from feeling like this." I wrinkled my nose at his thoughtfulness, only wanting to kiss him and make everything better.

"What's got you under the weather?" I wondered, continuing to run my fingers through his soft hair. He snuggled deeper into my chest, his so called favorite place, before he answered.

"I've had a sore throat since the game, so bad that I can't swallow anything, and I can't do anything but sleep." He yawned largely, his eyes already closing as if to prove a point. I bit the corner of my lip, wondering what could be wrong. "And I haven't been hungry at all which is weird."

"Hmm, you have a fever right now," I informed him, feeling his body shaking but this time not from my touch. His forehead was burning against my hand as he tried to burrow closer to me. I was starting to understand his movements, he wants my warmth because he was too cold to talk without it. I sighed softly, trying to pull away but only getting plastered closer to Tony. "Ton, let go." I wrapped my hands around his, but he refused to.

"No." He spoke into my side, the words getting lost in my skin and the fabric of my clothes.

"Yes, I'm going to get you something to help you." I tried to pull away once again, but Tony wouldn't have any of it. "Anthony Lucia," I scolded him, satisfied when he released me, grabbing the pillow and holding it. The white plush had gotten cold since he had released it and he shoved it away immediately, instead snuggling into the warm spot on the bed I had just vacated. I smiled at him and shook my head, heading down to the kitchen where Mike was just walking in.

"Hey," I smiled, wrapping him into a quick hug before going to the medicine cabinet. "You're home early."

"Yeah, I decided to skip class and come sleep. I'm still a bit rundown from the mono." He yawned as if to prove his point. He slid down into the chair at the kitchen table. I stopped from moving the containers around in the enclosed space of the cabinet, turning slowly to look at Mike. No, Tony couldn't have...

"Mike, what did you feel like when you had mono?" I cautiously pushed out. His blue eyes shone questioningly up at me as I reached for my phone, ready to call Tony's mom to get him into the doctor.

"Um, I was really sleepy, couldn't eat or swallow. My throat was so swollen that I wanted to cry every time Kara made me drink water. I had a bad fever and the chills like you wouldn't believe. That was how Kara knew something was wrong; I never get fevers."

"Neither does Tony," I whispered softly, pressing send on my phone. I walked from the room, taking the stairs by two, leaving the thought of medicine behind.

"Hello?" Joyce asked into the phone as I pushed Tony's door open, finding him already asleep. I cringed as I placed my hand against his forehead, feeling how exceptionally hot he was.

"Joyce, hi, it's Molly," I whimpered out, feeling the tears poke my eyes.

"Oh hi honey, what's wrong? Are you okay?" She asked back, the tone of my voice sending worry thought her body.

"Yeah, I'm okay. It's Ton though. I- um, he's really sick and I have no idea what to do for him."

"How sick? Like as in he needs to go to the hospital or the doctor?"

"I would say the doctor, but he definitely needs to get seen today." I sighed softly as Tony's eyes fluttered open, my talking and the anxiousness of my voice making him alert to my presence. He placed a hand on my knee, his thumb brushing back and forth over it, as I kissed his forehead softly.

"Alright, I'll call and make him an appointment. Would you be able to bring him?" She asked, the ruffling of papers heard as she spoke.

"Yeah, I don't have another class," I lied. But Tony was more important than learning things I already knew and had nothing to do with my major.

"Okay, I'll call you back in a second after I make the appointment." She rushed me off the phone, the dial tone heard before I could even say goodbye. I smiled softly, knowing Joyce was worried about her first born son.

"Your mom is going to make an appointment for you," I told Tony, pushing his hair away from his forehead. He nodded in response, mumbling something that sounded like sleep before pulling me down to his level. He maneuvered me behind him and I placed my chin against his shoulder blade. "Okay, I guess this one time you can be the little spoon." I kissed his back as he tried to hold back a laugh.

"Ow," he groaned out, "laughing hurts."

"I'm sorry baby. I won't make you laugh then." I pursed my lips against the giggle I wanted to let out, knowing it would make him laugh in response. Laughing was as contagious as ever for the two of us.

I held Tony around the waist as he fell asleep, his chest rising and falling peacefully. I sighed loudly, shaking my head at Tony's unfortunate luck. First, his college hockey career ends, and now he's sick, and most likely sick with mono. What a shitty week. Joyce called back mere minutes later, telling me Tony had an appointment in an hour. I was able to thank her this time, hanging up and having to pull Tony out of bed. He stumbled around behind me as I helped him put his jacket on, leading him to the safety of his car. He snuggled into the seat, his teeth chattering due to the chill of the leather seat and the frosty air. He whined softly until he fell back to sleep, the warmth finally filtering into the car.

The whole way to Tony's doctor, I prayed that he didn't have mono. From watching Mike go through it, and Kara not able to kiss her boyfriend, it was not something you would wish on anyone. To not be able to eat or drink because your throat was so swollen would be terrible. I pulled into the doctor's office a little while later, waking Tony up and helping him into the office. We were asked to stay seated as I filled out a sheet explaining why Tony was at the doctor today. They called his name and I opted to wait in the waiting room for him since he was a big boy.

I watched the door as the next hour passed by, Tony finally appearing with a somber look on his face. He handed me a prescription and wrinkling his nose at the sheet of paper. "I don't know why they are giving me these drugs when they said they won't even work anyway." He huffed out, looking angry.

"What's wrong?"

"I have mono." He muttered, his face scrunching up immediately after the words passed his lips.

"Oh baby, why were you and Mike making out!?" I exclaimed, shoving him lightly before kissing his cheek. He pulled away, shaking his head at me.

"No, I don't want you getting this."

"Tony, it's spread by saliva." I rolled my eyes at him, "so unless you're slobbering on your cheeks, I think it's okay." He rolled his eyes at me in return, cranky with the whole thing.

"Whatever, I just want to go sleep," he huffed out, pouting as we got into his car.

"Okay." I told him, hoping he wouldn't be this crabby the whole time he was sick because if he was, it would be a long three weeks.
***

"I feel like a new man!" Tony exclaimed, hoping out of the shower as I carefully did my eyeliner. I glanced at him in the mirror, laughing at how serious he looked. He came up next to me, opening his mouth and using the light from the two lighting fixtures about the sink to look into his mouth.

"Whook babe, no mhoore wed," he stuck his tongue out, leaning down so I could see the back of his throat. I giggled at him, shaking my head yes at him as he grinned adorably at me.

I was so happy that Tony was feeling better. For the week after he went to the doctor, he seemed to get progressively worse. He didn't eat, barely drank any water, and he slept all the time. He got so bad by that Friday that I brought him home to Plymouth and he stayed there for the next two weeks. He missed a lot of school, but was able to do what he could at home and was all caught up now, a week after he had returned to class. He was finally starting to have color in his cheeks and he didn't need to sleep for 18 hours out of the day. We were going out tonight to celebrate his new found energy.

"Kiss," Tony puckered lips at me. I gave him a huge grin, grabbing his chin with my right hand and pulling his face to mine. I kissed him roughly, trying to ignore the prickles of his stubble against my face,

"Babe, go shave." I wrinkled my nose at him. He returned the gesture, exaggerating his scrunched nose. I tisked at him and he once again repeated me just to be a pain in the ass.

"You go shave," he huffed, filling up the other sink in the bathroom of the hockey house.

"I did in the shower." I put my eyeliner down, examining my green eyes, satisfied as they popped with the light green dress I worse, my black cardigan over it. I swooped my hand over the top of the counter, finding it dry so I jumped onto it, watching Tony as he shaved. I brought my foot up to the towel that still hung around his waist, nudging it down a bit to expose more of his hip. He glanced at me out of the corner of his eye, giving me a wolfish grin.

"Hey now, let's not test an easily excited Tony." I laughed loudly, my head tilting back as the sound escaped my throat. The sound was loud and bounced off the walls of the bathroom, making me laugh and also Tony who was trying hard not to smile so he could finish shaving. He did just that even as I mercilessly tried to distract him. He stepped in between my legs when he was done, grabbing the back of my neck as he softly kissed my lips. "I missed this so much. It's torture to not be able to kiss you when you're laying next to me and murmuring all of those cute I love yous." He winked at me, walking from the bathroom.

"What! You heard all of that!?" I exclaimed, referring to the several conversations I had shared with him while he was sleeping. He would always be asleep when I wanted to talk or to simply tell him about my day. Of course I had thrown in several I love yous.

"Yes, your little talks kept me in the loop about what was going on outside my bedroom door since I had no fucking clue." He chuckled, pulling out a black dress shirt and holding it up to me. "Too matchy?"

"No, green would be too matchy."

"Damn, I was going to wear a green tie," he scrunched his nose up again.

"No, do that. Wear the black shirt and the green tie. It will match but it will be adorable." I smiled at him, pulling his green tie from the closet.

"It will be like prom!" He exclaimed in a girlish voice.

"Shut up, I loved prom." I squinted my eyes at him, snaking my arms up his bare chest and then around his neck, pressing our hips together.

"I didn't. My date wasn't as pretty as you." He sighed dramatically, leaning down to press a kiss to my lips. After going without his kisses for so long, I couldn't get enough.

"Look at you sweet talking."

"That's how I get my dates out of their dresses," he smirked at me. My mouth dropped open and I smacked his chest with a full on slap, glaring at his laugh. "I was kidding!" He exclaimed as I started to walk away.

"That's not funny! That's how I lost my virginity." I blurted out, wishing I could suck it right back in. Tony's smile dropped off his face and was replaced by a deep frown. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped.

"Babe, I'm sorry." He murmured, slowly moving towards me.

"It's okay honey. It was a joke. Well, I mean, that really did happen to me, but I wasn't scolding you." He wrapped me into his arms, scooping me up so my legs were wrapped around his waist.

"I could kill the fucker and I don't even know what happened." I smiled softly against his neck, kissing the soft skin.

"Yeah, he filled me with all sorts of bullshit lies like I love you and that I was the only girl for him. I was a junior in high school and he was a senior. I believed him, and the next day I woke up to a note that said thanks and without my virginity." I smiled down at Tony's angry face, kissing his lips very softly.

"What a fucking asshole. I would never do that." Tony growled.

"I know, that's why I gave in to you so easily." I licked my lips as his frown turned into a smirk, both of us remembering our first time and how we ripped each others clothes off as we stumbled around my house. Tony set me back on my feet with a sweet kiss as he pulled his shirt on, letting me slip the buttons into their slots. He looped his tie, letting me slid the fabric up to the base of his neck. I stepped back, looking at our finished product and smiled.

"We do look like prom dates." I giggled at him, snuggling into his hug. He kissed the top of my head, being careful of the curls I had worked to perfect.

"We look good together," Tony whispered, turning me to look into the mirror on his dresser. I looked back at our reflection, smiling at how perfect we molded together. We were nothing short of perfect and nothing short of what I always imagined for myself.
♠ ♠ ♠
in honor of meeting Tony today, an update!
I'LL BE MEETING HIM IN THREEE HOURS!
I can't even believe it..
but please comment. I would appreciate some more feedback on this story.
thanks for everyone who consistently comments, I loveee everything you have to say.
if you have an requests for what you want to see in the story, send them my way.
oh and this story is in the winding down stages.
anddd I am writing a Tony Lucia oneshot. so look out for that :D