Status: complete.

Everything I've Ever Wanted

i hate surprises.

Tony and I laid in bed the day after finals were over, relaxing for the first time in a week. We had the house to ourselves, all of his teammates home for the holidays as we lounged in bed, me reading a book and Tony watching ESPN. I glanced up, seeing a picture of Zach Parise displayed across the screen. But as fast as it appeared, it disappeared also as my boyfriend clicked the down button, flipping to ESPN 2.

"Hey! Go back!" I yelled at him, slapping his stomach and reaching for the remote.

"No." Tony told me, holding the remote over the edge of the bed, away from my reach.

"Toooonnnyyyyy!" I whined to him, pouting and dramatically whimpering at him.

"Baby," he whined right back to me, kissing my jutted out lips. I lowered my eyes at him, batting my lashes cutely. He didn't look away from me, but his pointer finger pressed the desired button and Zach Parise's face once again flashed across the screen.

"Mmm, thank you babe."

"I only did this because I get to fall asleep with you tonight. Otherwise, Parise would be done."

"Do not harm, Parise, even in your head. I'd kill you. That face is too precious." I told Tony, 100% serious.

"What does he have that I don't?" Tony wondered, his hands digging into my hips as I crawled on top of him, laying on his chest.

"Money." I held back the giggle at the silence that followed. Tony pondered my answer thoughtfully as Zach was interviewed on the TV.

"Someday I'll be more successful than him," Tony concluded, kissing the top of my head.

"I know, baby. And just for the record, no one compares to you. Not even him." I murmured, kissing his chest through the thin material of his t-shirt. Tony and I both sighed softly at the same time, settling in as I grabbed my book, losing myself in the characters in plot.

Tony fell asleep long before I did, his steady breathing and light snoring my cue that it was alright for me to turn the TV off. I rolled off of him, giving him a better opportunity to breathe as I snuggled into his side. My eyes burned from reading for so long, drifting closed, but I struggled to keep them open, desperately trying to finish the book. The ending was so good, the desperate chase to catch the love of his life as she prepared to get married. He needed her, he just realized it, typical male, but better late than never right?

The floor boards outside of Tony's room groaned in protest as if someone was walking on them. My heart stopped in fear as I glanced at the door, my ears perked, listening for any sort of noise. I bit my lip, trying to remain calm, knowing this was an old house and prone to all sorts of weird noises. But when it sounded again, I knew I needed to wake Tony up.

"Tony." I shook his shoulder, patting at it as I closed my eyes tightly against the fear. "Tony, wake up. I'm scared," I whispered to him, looking down at his angelic face. His green eyes opened slowly as he took in my worried face. He bolted up in bed, grabbing my shoulders and asking me what was wrong. "I think, there's someone outside your door," I whispered to him. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked past me to the door, both of us silent as we waited for the creaking of the floor boards.

It came again, this time louder than before as Tony moved from the bed, grabbing his hockey stick from the corner of his room. I watched him, biting my lip as he opened the door and two hand whacked the person outside of his door.

"Fuck! Looch, you fucking dick!"

"I'm a dick? You scared my girlfriend you shit head," Tony snapped at whoever was outside of the door.

"David dared me to see if you guys were having sex!"

"Why are you here? You aren't supposed to be here." Tony scolded who I now knew was Joey. I leaned back in the bed, staring up at the ceiling and sighing softly. "And what the fuck? Why are you such a creep?"

"It was David!" He exclaimed, crawling into the room to look at me on the bed. I held up my book for him to see.

"The only two people having sex in this room, are the people in my book." I rolled my eyes at his and David's boyish antics and went back to the final pages of my book.

"Sorry, Tony," Joey grinned, getting off the ground and stretching out his back where I assumed Tony had hit him.

"Tell David to get a life." Tony shut the door behind him and threw the stick across the room. He dove onto the bed, on top of me also and snuggled his face directly into my boobs. I scowled down at him, ignoring how good his lips felt against the smooth skin of my chest. He pressed his cheek into his favorite pillows, burrowing down to sleep.

"I love boobies," he told me, his hands fluttering up and down my sides softly. I chuckled quietly, resting my book against his back as I continued to read, ignoring his dead weight on me.

Soon, Tony was once again asleep and my book was finished as I turned out the light, snuggling into my boyfriend. His soft breathing spread across my chest, making goosebumps rise, my heart beating strongly with his. I ran my hands through his thick, dark hair, kissing his forehead softly as he shifted a bit. It didn't take long for me to fall asleep as I ran my hands over his body, the motion sending me into a blissful sleep with Tony.
***

"Where are we going?" I asked Tony the next morning as he grabbed my bag full of clothes and necessary things that I would need for our sleepover. He threw it into the back of his SUV, pointing towards the passenger side for me to get in.

"A little place that I like to think of as heaven." He told me, giving me absolutely no insight. I groaned as I shut the door, buckling my seat belt.

"Tony, I hate surprises."

"Baby, I don't care. Stop whining," he mocked me, "Or I'll kick you out of the car and I'll go by myself." I rolled my eyes at him, looking out the window as we passed through campus, moving towards the freeway.

"Are we going to be alone?" I asked Tony once we emerged from the cities and heading into the suburbs.

"Yeah," he told me, kissing the hand that he held. I bit my lip, thinking about the things that he might be expecting from me. I wasn't sure if I could handle any more sex after how guilt ridden I had been from the last time. But I'll be damned if the thought of Tony and I going at it again didn't make me squirm in my seat.

"You alright?" He asked, watching as I fiddled with the hem of my long sleeved shirt.

"Yeah. Fine." I assured him, thinking back on the night we had sex and how awkward I had been then too.

The whole way North, the only thing I had been able to get out of Tony, we sang to the radio, laughing at how terrible and off key we sounded together. He attempted to hit the high notes with Carrie Underwood as I tried with Taylor Swift, trying to express, though her song, how much I loved him. We stopped for food halfway to our destination, pulling into a truck stop to eat a quick lunch/dinner before we were back on the road. We had left at around 4 o'clock in the afternoon and arrived well after dark at around 6. I watched the city signs passing by, my memory peaked when we passed the Welcome to Brained sign.

"Are we going to your cabin?" I asked him, turning with a sparkle in my eye. He glanced towards me, smiling and nodding. "Yes!" I exclaimed, happy that I finally was able to figure it out.

Tony turned off of the main highway, barely looking like one with the vast amount of emptiness that was lined along the road. We passed by several other houses or cabins, most of them empty since it was the middle of the winter. Tony pulled into the driveway of a large, white, cabin, looking more like a house than anything else. I stared at it in awe, amazing by the beauty it held. The white snow added to the beautiful Christmas lights that were on thanks to automatic timers now. A tree in the front yard was lit up nicely, the white lights twinkling and reflecting off some of the mirror-like ornaments.

"It's gorgeous," I told Tony as he grabbed my hand and our bags, leading me to the house.

"My mom and sisters decorated the whole thing. I just come here to get away from the stress." He shrugged, pushing the door open and letting me walk in.

The inside of the cabin completely blew me away. Everything was a light maple, the stairways, the cabinets. The floors were carpeted white, while the whole cabin gave off a light, homey feelings. Pictures from the family times at the cabin surrounded the living room as I waked around, taking my time as Tony situated everything. I came to a picture of Tony and his dad on the jet ski. He looked to be about in high school, no awkwardness evident as he gave the camera his sexy, confident smile. I grinned down at the younger Tony just before arms pulled me down onto the couch and into a solid chest of muscle.

"That was the summer before my junior year in high school," he whispered, tilting the picture so he could see it better.

"You were such a cutie. I bet you were a heart breaker in high school," I smirked at him, watching as he rolled his eyes, blushing slightly.

"I was kind of an asshole, but then again, aren't all teenage boys?" He teased.

"Yeah," I breathed out, remembering the first time I had my heartbroken.

"See that picture over there," Tony pointed to the table next to the couch. I grabbed the flowery frame, a picture of a beautiful girl in Tony's arms, their grins large as their faces pressed together. Tony stood behind her, his arms wrapped around her shoulders as her small hands grasped his forearms. "That was the first girl I ever loved. She taught me how to love, what heartbreak felt like, and why you don't take things for granted in life." I could see the love in the younger Tony's eyes. "I gave her everything, but I couldn't save her from herself." He whispered softly, his fingers shadowing my cheek so lightly, they barely touched my skin.

"What do you mean?" I whispered to him, our eyes in an intense battle.

"She didn't know how beautiful she was. I thought she was heaven sent, the one I was meant to be with. We had been kids since we were little and it was no secret that my mom wanted me to grow up and marry her. I always thought she was into it too since her parents preached it to her also. Anyway, we grew up and of course we had one of those cliched relationships where a kiss turned into a relationship and then the sex came. I thought she loved me and I think in some ways she did, but not in the way that I needed her too. But she was always into the party lifestyle, the whole clubbing scene when I just wanted to focus on hockey. Long story short, she ended up cheating on me and getting pregnant. Last my mom heard from hers, she has two kids now, unemployed and basically too fucked up from drugs to even take care of them."

"That's really sad." I whispered, staring down at the blonde beauty in the picture.

"No, the sad thing is she chose that. She could have been everything and so much more but she chose to be a slut and a druggie. She chose to throw away every scholarship that was offered to her. She chose to fuck some random guy at a party and ruin the life we could have had," he snapped bitterly. I kept my face tilted towards the picture so Tony couldn't see how shocked I was at how bitter he sounded. I bit my bottom lip, wondering if Tony ever compared me to the blonde who's name I didn't know.

We sat in silence after that, Tony silently shaking his head at the girl who could have been. I wondered if she wouldn't have taken a wrong turn if I would still be in his arms. I figured not, from the way Tony talked about her, it was obvious his feelings for her weren't just some fling, a one time deal.

"But all of that was before I met you. I thought she was the only one I could be happy with. I figured that it was her or no one else. And I know now that I was wrong. You showed me that, because yeah, I loved her. But baby, I love you so much more. You're a thousand times the person she never was and you're beautiful in your own way. you're a completely separate category." He whispered softly, knowing the exact right words to say. His breath tickled against my cheek as I settled into his body, settling the picture back on the table.

"Do you always know exactly what to say?" I whispered, rotating so I was straddling his lap.

"It just comes from the heart," he shrugged, scooping me up and carrying me into the kitchen. "I'm hungry."

"We ate two hours ago! How can you possibly be hungry?" I asked him, still full from our late lunch.

"I'm a hockey player." He stated as if that should explain it which it did.

"Are you finally going to cook for me?" I teased Tony watching as his cheeks flushed.

"No."

"Tony, baby, sweetheart. I'd like it lots," I cooed to him, jumping off the counter as he tried to squirm away from me.

"There aren't any groceries to make stuff with," he tired to tell me. I squinted up at him, not believing him at all. I reached around him to open the fridge, seeing it stocked with plenty of options.

"Look at all that food!" I exclaimed.

"You said you weren't hungry," Tony whined to me, trying to find a way out.

"I changed my mind."

"No."

"Yes."

"NO."

"Tony."

"No," he said even more forcefully, trying to shield himself from my pouty lips and slightly watering eyes.

"Peasee? If you love me you'll make me some dinner," I hooked him, grabbing his hips and pressing them to mine. "Who knows, maybe I'll be in charge of dessert."

Tony groaned, a large puff of breath coming from his mouth as he wiggled from my grip. "Okay. What do you want?" He asked, his eyes closed as he tried to calm himself down from my statement.

"Mmm, what do you know how to make?" I asked him, tilting my head to the side as I stalked him into the counter. I hooked one of my legs around his waist, licking my lips slowly. His mouth dropped open as he swallowed loudly, his breathing hitching and increasing with each passing second.

"Pasta is my specialty," he confessed, his eyes dropping to my lips and then dipping to my cleavage. I tilted his chin with my finger. I shifted my leg, feeling something press into the inside of my thigh. I gave him a knowing smile, releasing my grip on him.

"Have at it baby boy. I'm going to go watch TV," I grinned, skipping to the kitchen and leaving a very aroused Tony behind as he groaned in sexual frustration.
***

"Baby, I'm done," Tony called from the kitchen as I flipped through the channels, sick of watching the food network with the combination of the really good smell from the kitchen and the delicious looking food on the screen. I jumped off of the couch, moving quickly to the kitchen. Tony insisted that if he was going to cook for me I had to stay in the living room, no peeking until he said I could. "Alright, I'm nervous, because I didn't have one of the key ingredients, so I had to substitute and I'm not sure how you're going to like it."

I settled into my chair at the table next to Tony, wanting to be close to him instead of across the table. "Try me," I opened my mouth to him as he fed me a noodle coated in a white Alfredo sauce. The second it hit my tongue, my taste buds did a party dance. My mouth exploded with the delicious flavor, only a hint of spice since he knew I didn't like too much, but enough to make my food have some sort of taste.

"Oh my god, we're getting married," I concluded to him, grabbing the back of his neck and kissing his lips. "I love a man who can cook," I winked at him, snapping my teeth at his huge grin.

"You like?" He asked me, kissing me once more.

"Mmm, baby I love. And you too."

"I love you too," he murmured back to me before we settled in to eat.

The pasta was absolutely amazing. I kept reminding Tony that, not only because it really was that good, but because I loved to watch the slight blush grace his cheeks. It was obvious how ecstatic he was that I liked it. He grinned boyishly each time, his pride beaming through his white teeth. Later on that night, we snuggled into each other on the couch, the droning of the TV as background music as we talked about anything and everything. I played with his fingers, pointing out a scar on his middle finger that he got from hockey. My fingers fit perfectly with his, the spaces practically made for my fingers only. I yawned loudly as it approach midnight, ready to go to bed for the night.

"Hey Tony?" I whispered as he carried me up the stairs, my legs dangling because I was too lazy to wrap them around him. My arms draped over his shoulders, hands hanging down his back as Tony supported almost all of my weight.

"Yeah, hun?" He asked me, pushing the door to his room open.

"Thanks for bringing me here. I know this is kind of like your little place and I'm honored that you shared it with me. I see why you love it so much, it's beautiful and peaceful up here."

"Yeah, it is. You remind me of this place you know? You're calm and collected when everything is going crazy, you're my rock when I want to run. It's crazy that we've only been together for such a short amount of time, but your effect on me has been drastic. And my grades like it." He teased, referring to his now A in our economics class. He set me on the bed, helping me dress down and into his sweats. I loved being wrapped in his clothes, the fabric warm and smelling like him.

"You just haven't seen me upset yet," I giggled softly as he tucked us into bed. His arms pulled me in close as I murmured to him how much I loved him. His fingers tangled in my soft hair, grasping the base of my neck and massaging it softly. The minute his fingers pressed into my neck, I lost myself in the sensual touch, drifting to sleep as Tony whispered how much he loved me.
♠ ♠ ♠
fooorrrrrr KARAAA <3
go read her adam story okay? yeahhh :)

COMMMENTS?!!!
I like this chapter <3