Status: Finished.

How To Save A Life

Groups

Groups
One Shot…

I was once again sitting in the cafeteria, looking at this beautiful boy.Jack, was his name. I don’t think he even knows I exist. I mean, he’s hanging with those ‘emos’…
I just think I’m in the wrong group.
He looked my way and caught me staring at him. Our eyes locked for a minute until I felt a nudge in my side. I turned around.

“Hi Alex” Mikayla said, flirting with me.

“Yes Mikayla?” I grumbled.

“So, want to hang with me after school? You know, alone at my house?” She said giving me a smirk. I can’t believe that after 3 years of high school she still tries.

“No thanks, I, um ha-have homework to do” I said grabbing my food and throwing it out in the trashcan.
Yes, she didn’t follow me. Like she used to do. I thought. I went to my locker and pulled out my English books for the next class.
I heard footsteps behind me and I turned around and saw Jack walking my way.

Jack’s POV

I caught him looking at me. Again. I honestly don’t know what to do anymore. Does it mean anything?

“Jaaaack?” Stella, my best friend said.

“Yes?”

“Why don’t you tell him how you feel?” She asked. I blushed and looked down. Of course I pretended
to be dumb.

“Who? Alex? Him?” I said playing confused.

“Listen J, I know that you are bisexual. Its no big deal okay?” she whispered to me.

“Oh yeah, forgot I told you” I laughed, though nothing was funny.

“Just tell him for heavens sake!” She whispered harshly to me.

“You know what, that what I’m going to tell him” I said, suddenly felling confident.
I walked away and saw him throwing his food out.

“I’m going to tell him. It’ll all be alright after!” I mumbled to myself.
I think he heard me coming because he turned around and saw me.

“Um, hi Alex.” I said

“Oh, hi Jack, can I help you?” He asked. Now I hope this goes well..

“I was just wondering if, if you maybe, um you kno-“ I was interrupted by the bell.

“Sorry Jack, gotta go to class. See ya!” He said and walked away

Fuck” I mumbled.
I guess that the groups is the ones that separates me and Alex.
I took a deep breath. I felt arms sneak around my waist and I saw those familiar gloves with studs on them. Stella.

“How did it go? Did he get mad? Overjoyed?” She said, hoping for the best.

“Some people always says ‘Saved By The Bell’ but in this case it totally ruined my plan.” I sighed.

“J, you’ll get another chance.” She said with a smile on her lips.

“I sure hope so.”

“Come on, we gotta get to class” She said taking my back and pulled me along through the crowd.

Two Days Later.

Alex’s P.O.V

Here I am once again. In the cafeteria, starring at Jack. I wonder what he would have told me, he seemed nervous.
The bell rang and I stood up and grabbed my things and went out of the main entrance.
I was walking home today. I was almost out of the parking lot when I heard footsteps running behind me.

“Hi” I heard his voice. I smiled for myself.

“Hello” I said looking at him.

“Wanna walk together?” He asked, giving me a smile.

“Sure” I nodded in reply.

As we walked we talked about movies, hobbies, school and music. He seemed surprised that I liked the same movies and music as him, but he thought it was cool. Time flew by and suddenly we were across my house.

“So this is where I live” I said looking at my black converse.

“Yeah, so I’ll see ya tomorrow?” He asked.

“Yeah” I agreed and gave him a wave.

And I started to walk backwards and Jack started to laughed at me. But suddenly his face turned white and he screamed.

“Alex! Look out!”
I turned around and saw a car driving full speed right at me.

CRASH

Jack’s P.O.V
20 Minutes after.

Deep breaths, just take deep breaths.

“Sir?” And officer asked me.

“Yes?”

“Do you know this Alex Johnson?” He asked taking out his notebook and a pen.

“Yeah I do. We go to the same school”
I turned around and saw the paramedics panicking.

“We’re losing him!” One of the screamed and they continued with heart message.
I ran over to him but got held back by two officers.

“Sorry kid”

“Ple-please he’s my friend!” I screamed

“I’m sorry but I can’t let you see him.” One of them said.
I saw the paramedics stop and one of the checked their watch.

“Time of death 3:23 pm” The paramedic said to his coworker, and I felt my whole world stop.

“I-I never told him.” I cried to no-one but myself.

Out of body and out of mind.
Kiss the demons out of my dreams.
I get the funny feeling and that’s alright.
Jimmy says it's better than this.
Drain the pressure from the swelling.
This sensation’s over whelming.
Give me a long kiss goodnight,
And everything will be alright.
Tell me Jimmy I won't feel a thing
So Give Me Novacaine


Give Me Novacaine – Green Day
♠ ♠ ♠
EDIT - DECEMBER 19TH 2012

Know that feeling when you go through your old stories and just look at them in shame? I wrote this when I was 14 and I'm almost 18 now. Times flies when you're having fun..
Anyway, I edited it so I am not so ashamed of it. It'll be fun to read this when I'm 25.

But thank you!
xxx