Mystagogue

Opening

The cold November air burnt my cheeks red as I made my way down the dark alley. I dug my hands deep into my hand-me-down wool coat and took a look at around my surroundings.

There were tall buildings canopied with faded graffiti along with overthrown trashcans giving shelter to a colony of rats. I didn't belong on this side of town, but it had to be taken care of.

The crisp, and rather chilling, wind sounded like hundreds of angry voices speaking at once; much like a warning. I picked up the pace once I saw the dim-lit streetlights at the other end of the alley indicating that I was close to my destination. Shaking my head to my unneeded paranoia, I noticed footsteps coming close behind me as if it were gaining on me.

Five-foot four with auburn hair and green eyes, no freckles but a single beauty mark right below my left eye; I ran a marathon out of the alley way. An adrenaline rush mixed with pure fear. I felt my heart do a mile a minute as I reached the rusty lamppost.

She's going to get me. I thought to myself catching my breath, laying my head on a dirty brick building. I closed my eyes and there appeared my worst nightmare.

"It's nice to see you again, Arella." Spoke Aglaeca, enjoying the conflicting pain residing within myself.

"What do you want? You know I don't have anything you need." I answered feeling almost defeated.

Smiling smugly, she answered; "You know what I want." She was right, I did know. I knew it very well, actually. One thing though; I would be sure to never give it to her.

"You will never surface, Aglaeca. I will ever allow myself to be persuaded by your little antics and tricks." I spat back, feeling content with my response, that was until I heard the all-too-familiar eerie laughter..

I didn't feel like getting into this, again, so I opened my eyes. I was where I had left off, against the cold brick building. Freezing, I decided to continue my journey to find this so-called witch.

No one was on this street, no one but her and I.

I didn't understand why I was cursed with this demon but I knew that it was my destiny to defeat it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short beginning to a long fairytale, it gets better in the next chapter.