Checkmarks on Bedposts

1/1

“Gabe, do you want the car?” Rob asked as they exited the venue. “We have about two hours until we need to leave.”

“Nah, man,” Gabe said, walking onto the bus. He wasn't in the mood to greet any fans that night. He used to always borrow the car in Chicago and take it out to see a fan. They had met for the first time outside of a show, and Gabe knew right away that he wasn’t like the other fans. That night, Gabe left with a new number in his phone and a sparked interest in a teenage boy with skinny jeans and shirts a size too small.

The next time Midtown played in Chicago, the skinny boy was waiting after the show again. Things progressed, flirting occurred, and before the boy left, Gabe gave him a kiss that held promise for the future.

Then, Midtown took a break from touring to write songs for a new album. Within six months, they had finished the album and were back on the road. Gabe and the boy had kept in touch, and the boy had even invited Gabe to his house the next time Midtown played in Chicago. Gabe and the boy both knew what this meant and Gabe accepted.

However, after the Chicago show, the rain was coming down in sheets. Gabe had lost all hope for the boy showing up. He made his way back to the bus, and to his surprise, the boy was leaning against it, soaked to the bone.

Gabe followed the boy to his car, and was driven outside the city. As the boy let Gabe in, he warned Gabe that they must keep quiet because his parents and sister were asleep. Gabe realized how young the boy must be and panicked. The boy reassured Gabe that he had just turned 18 the past February.

Their clothes seemed to disappear as they pulled them frantically off of each other. Soon they were on the bed, moving harmoniously and trying to muffle the moans and other sounds they were making.

The first time produced a toe curling orgasm. Gabe bit the boy's pillow to keep quiet. They laid there, panting for a few moments before Gabe got up.

“I have to go back to the bus. Next time Midtown plays here...” he trailed off.

“I'll be waiting outside the venue,” the boy said, confidently.

And true to his word, the next time Midtown played in Chicago, the boy was outside. He was accompanied with good and bad news.

“My little sister woke up last time,” he said after he greeted Gabe. “She told my mom. My parents thought I was with a girl. They had no idea it was a guy, let alone the bassist for Midtown. But we can't go back to my place. However, I am going to the next few shows so we'll be able to spend more time together.”

Gabe smiled broadly. “Sounds great. Um, I'm sure we can just have sex in the bus.”

“Won't...won't the rest of the guys mind?” The boy asked.

“They've had plenty of times where they've brought girls into the bus. I've had to deal with it.” Gabe's voice then dropped to a conspiratorial whisper. “And we'll just be quiet, okay?” He smirked.

The boy nodded and smiled.

The next few days were filled with bliss. Gabe and the boy spent most of their free time together, either having sex or just hanging out. They did their best to keep quiet, but eventually there was a new “No fans on the bus” rule. So Gabe and the boy had to settle for making out and giving blowjobs behind the bus. They still had sex on the bus, but only when everyone was out eating or doing something else and Gabe knew they wouldn't get caught.

At the end of the week, the boy had to return to Chicago, to the disappointment of Gabe and the relief of everyone else. Before he left, the boy told Gabe that the next time Midtown came to Chicago, he would have an apartment and they could have sex as loudly as they pleased.
In the time before that, though, they had to be content with phone sex and provocative text messages. When the boy got his new apartment, he texted Gabe excitedly to tell him. He gave Gabe the address and the number, so that Gabe could visit him when he got to Chicago for a little pre-show sex.

It seemed like eons before Midtown returned to play yet another show at Chicago, however it was only a few months. Gabe insisted on leaving the previous venue the second after they finished the show so that he could have more time with the boy.

His band mates relented and they arrived at Chicago at 11:30 PM. Gabe grabbed the directions he had written down while they were on their way and took the car that Midtown brought with them on tour in case someone needed to pick something up at the store. Within a few minutes, he was at the boy's apartment building. He bounded up the stairs, looking for room 4B. He paused to collect himself outside the door before knocking. Right before he was about to knock, he heard suspicious sounds from inside the apartment. He pulled out his credit card and used it to unlock the door, a little trick he had picked up when he first moved to New York City.

He made his way towards the source of the noises and opened the door to the bedroom. Inside the room was the boy and another man, about Gabe's age. The man had tattoos adorning his body and a stupid emo haircut.

“What the hell is going on?” Gabe asked darkly.

“Gabe...” the boy said, his eyes widening. “G-get off Pete,” he said to the man, pushing him away a bit. “Gabe, you weren't supposed to be here until tomorrow!”

“I understand that we were just booty calls or whatever, but I thought you would fucking tell me if you were sucking off a slut in your spare time.”

“Who are you calling a slut?” The other man, Pete, growled.

“I'll give you a hint. It's the one of us who isn't wearing any clothes.”

The boy stood up. “Gabe, Pete, stop.” He turned towards Gabe. “Gabe, I can explain…”

“Save it,” Gabe spat, turning on his heel. He stormed out of the apartment and back to the car.

Gabe refused to play the show the next night, and Midtown had to use the bass tech to fill in, claiming that Gabe was sick.

Midtown stopped touring to make another album. They released it, and they were on tour supporting it now. Gabe had been dreading the show in Chicago, but as it drew closer, he grew bitterer.

Right after Midtown played in Chicago, Gabe muttered to himself “Do you miss looking up from the floor at my face on a stage in a crowded room? I bet you're still a sucker for those famous faces.” Gabe sincerely hoped that the boy was at the concert, looking at Gabe, regretting his choice. Gabe knew that he was changed forever, and he would never let himself make that stupid mistake again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ta da! Hope you like it.